01-31-2016 07:16 AM
77 1234
tools
    Define "great".

If by "missing wifi calling and visual voicemail," then yes, "great".

But keep in mind that T-Mobile is also having phone manufacturers turn OFF LTE band 12 due to lack of T-Mobile's VoLTE.

Until T-Mobile offers it, it looks like the 950XL does not work "great" on their network. I daresay my 635 works better.
    Exactly my concerns. If the 950XL doesn't support TMO's VoLTE (and by extension wifi calling since they're both built off the same basic platform) then there's a good chance that band 12 will mean absolutely nothing when I leave Chicagoland. That's a lot to be giving up....
    11-25-2015 11:50 PM
    Define "great".

If by "missing wifi calling and visual voicemail," then yes, "great".

But keep in mind that T-Mobile is also having phone manufacturers turn OFF LTE band 12 due to lack of T-Mobile's VoLTE.

Until T-Mobile offers it, it looks like the 950XL does not work "great" on their network. I daresay my 635 works better.
    Link to source for tmobile forcing no band 12
    jmajid likes this.
    11-26-2015 01:59 AM
    the xl has band 12.
    11-26-2015 02:20 AM
    Link to source for tmobile forcing no band 12
    On the 950XL? No link. Pure speculation, but based on evidence at hand with other phones. To wit:

Why Is T-Mobile Telling Manufacturers To Remove Band 12 LTE Support From Some Unlocked Smartphones?
    11-26-2015 06:26 AM
    The only real issue I have is the lack of visual voice mail. I had an unlocked AT&T HTC 8X and a 1520.3 running on T-Mobile. Both of them had visual voice mail with no issue. The 1520 was reflashed and a clean Windows 10 install was done on it so I know Windows 10 supports visual voice mail. I don't know why it does not seem to be available on this device.
    11-26-2015 08:59 AM
    It's working.. I did however had a problem with group messaging and MMS... Now it's working but idk how i managed to make it work..
    11-26-2015 10:22 AM
    On the 950XL? No link. Pure speculation, but based on evidence at hand with other phones. To wit:

Why Is T-Mobile Telling Manufacturers To Remove Band 12 LTE Support From Some Unlocked Smartphones?[/url]
    Probably something to do with the new 700MHz frequency.
    11-26-2015 10:30 AM
    With the problems some AT&T users are having getting or confirming LTE on their XLs, how do you confirm that on T-Mobile? The T-Mobile field test is flaky. Some sub options crash and a lot of the status pages are bogus (like saying neither SIM has any active connections). So is there some app that can give the details?
    11-26-2015 11:09 AM
    With the problems some AT&T users are having getting or confirming LTE on their XLs, how do you confirm that on T-Mobile? The T-Mobile field test is flaky. Some sub options crash and a lot of the status pages are bogus (like saying neither SIM has any active connections). So is there some app that can give the details?
    I had some issue at first with connections on T-Mobile. In fact I was ready to abandon the phone as it could not keep a connection and it never got to LTE even when it was connected. Then I found that in the Cellular & SIM setting there is a link "SIM 1 Setting" When I selected that link I found the Mobile operator settings at the bottom of the page. I was using the T-Mobile profile. I changed that to use the T_Mobile profile. After the restart my cell connection has been perfect. I am on LTE all the time now.
    TexasLabRat and jmajid like this.
    11-26-2015 12:32 PM
    I had some issue at first with connections on T-Mobile. In fact I was ready to abandon the phone as it could not keep a connection and it never got to LTE even when it was connected. Then I found that in the Cellular & SIM setting there is a link "SIM 1 Setting" When I selected that link I found the Mobile operator settings at the bottom of the page. I was using the T-Mobile profile. I changed that to use the T_Mobile profile. After the restart my cell connection has been perfect. I am on LTE all the time now.
    But HOW did you confirm you are really getting LTE?
    11-26-2015 01:41 PM
    Check what network it shows you are connected to in the status bar. Mine always shows "T-Mobile LTE". You can also run a Speed Test. Max I would see on hspa was about 30 down. Just ran a few with WiFi off on my XL and I'm seeing between 60 and 70 down.
    jmajid likes this.
    11-26-2015 02:06 PM
    Check what network it shows you are connected to in the status bar. Mine always shows "T-Mobile LTE".
    Thanks.

You don't see that unless you swipe down which I never did except to see notices or access settings. Just never paid attention before.
    11-26-2015 02:40 PM
    Yes I am. I got the phone yesterday and went straight to the T-mobile store to sign up. The phone is working just fine so far.
    11-26-2015 02:49 PM
    WP does not currently support built-in VVM on dual-SIM devices.
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-26-2015 03:30 PM
    Worked for me. Had to stop by and buy a $15 sim kit for the smaller sized SIM but other than that it was plug and play.
    11-26-2015 03:37 PM
    WP does not currently support built-in VVM on dual-SIM devices.
    Would explain things but do you know where we can confirm that?

Note to others: Do NOT attempt to remove the second sim slot to fix this problem.
    11-26-2015 04:04 PM
    It says LTE up in the status bar. I also ran speed tests and got about 60 Mbps. That's LTE speed.
    11-26-2015 08:30 PM
    It says LTE up in the status bar. I also ran speed tests and got about 60 Mbps. That's LTE speed.
    is VoLTE working? To test...make a call and see if it drops to H+. With win10 I don't think you can see that *during* the call do to the way that the status bar changes function but immediately after the call ends you can pull down the notification area and see if it is H+ or LTE. Have to be quick tho the transition happens in just a second or two after the call ends.
    11-26-2015 09:33 PM
    is VoLTE working? To test...make a call and see if it drops to H+. With win10 I don't think you can see that *during* the call do to the way that the status bar changes function but immediately after the call ends you can pull down the notification area and see if it is H+ or LTE. Have to be quick tho the transition happens in just a second or two after the call ends.
    During the call there is no indication. It only shows the signal strength, but after hanging up the phone only show LTE. I never saw H+ I did run a speed test while on the call and the status bar showed 4G.
    TexasLabRat likes this.
    11-26-2015 09:44 PM
    During the call there is no indication. It only shows the signal strength, but after hanging up the phone only show LTE. I never saw H+
    Well that's certainly encouraging :)
    11-26-2015 09:46 PM
    Well that's certainly encouraging :)
    I updated my answer, but it looks like you had already replied to my original post. I ran a speed test while on the call and the status bar showed 4G.
    TexasLabRat likes this.
    11-26-2015 09:48 PM
    I updated my answer, but it looks like you had already replied to my original post. I ran a speed test while on the call and the status bar showed 4G.
    blah...ok thanks for testing!
    11-26-2015 09:51 PM
    So I've definitely got it working on TMobile... for the most part. I'm getting LTE as I'm getting 50-60 Mb/s during speed tests. I can send MMS, but I can't seem to receive any.
    11-26-2015 11:20 PM
    If you are coming from an iPhone, you may need to turn off or deregister iMessage for that number.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    11-27-2015 01:01 PM
    I'm not sure what the problem is. The headline ends in a questionmark and I had no problem understanding it. In fact, your suggested headline is more problematic and confusing. It doesn't even make sense. It fails to end in a questionmark, and it should be "is working" or "works" rather than "working."
    11-27-2015 01:43 PM
77 1234