Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter with 950 XL?

pinkbecca12

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
if anyone has the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, please review it with the 950 XL, I'd love to see a video review of the screen projecting whilst playing HD videos.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
The wireless display app is not showing up in the windows 10 store for me, Not sure if its because it has not received the update or is not showing because I am using a Lumia 920.

Robert Ferrer

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the Wireless Adapter for use with the Lumia 950XL. It works except that I can make no adjustments because there is no app for Windows 10 phones. I need to further adjust the display size and check for firmware updates. But without the app I'm out of luck. The app is available for PCs but none of my PCs are Miracast compatible.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It works like magic with my 950XL and my Windows 10 HP tablet but with my laptop also on windows 10 it can't connect.... Keeps giving error... How do you do the firmware update?

jboogie3

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
It works like magic with my 950XL and my Windows 10 HP tablet but with my laptop also on windows 10 it can't connect.... Keeps giving error... How do you do the firmware update?

download the wireless display app on a pc that can connect to it. Once connected open the app, create a password, then update firmware.

pass11

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
It works like magic with my 950XL
That's interesting cause for me, it's like a 20% success rate to get it working. I gotta do more testing but last week I was trying to watch a few movies I rented with that 10 cent movie deal from Microsoft and could not get it to work. On the 950XL, it would say it's connected and even show the touch controls but on the TV, the display adaptor just showed that it was trying to connect. As of right now, I can't recommend it due to reliability issues

icatar

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
When I tried to play a movie from my 950XL to the Wireless Display, the sound would come through the phone instead of the TV. I also noticed that I had to connect to the Wireless Display using the Continuum app. If I tried to "cast" the movie from within the movie itself, it would not work and just leave a blank screen on the TV.

Tom Campbell2

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I've used it and it works pretty good, although, not as good as the dock. The Netflix app on WP doesn't currently work in Continuum, but the Netflix website works fine on Edge. I did watch a few TV shows just to test it, and it worked fine. I've watched several of the Windows Central 950 review videos on it and it looked as good as my PC. And I was watching it on the exact same monitor my PC uses.

anon(8977867)

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I hooked up display dock to my 950 XL last night, and to my Sony TV HDMI/MHL input using an (admittedly cheap) HDMI cable...and absolutely nothing happened. Has anyone experience of similar issues? Wireless casting works flawlessly on the same TV.

jege41

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL
I had to disconnect my 959XL from my home networks Wi-Fi and then I was able to connect to device/cast.
Screen size had to be adjusted through the TV's settings/picture size.

Streams video/audio perfectly not a single stutter and frame rate looks perfect, as good as my thumb drive connected directly to my TV from what I can tell so far.

Fingers crossed XXX

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the msft Wireless Display Adapter with just the 950XL. It works. But navigation on the TV is fiddly. Scaling issues as it it doesn't do a 100% fit on my LG TV, i.e. the taskbar is partially hidden. I have to manually adjust the TV settings every time I run continuum/mirroring.
There is definitely lag, especially playing videos or running YouTube (Mytube, etc) but it works fine with just music/mp3s.
I tried to editing a simple Excel file with the trackpad. Again, its do-able but frustrating. A mouse/keyboard is definite needed
On the whole, its works. Here's hoping MSFT really put their minds to make it pleasant to use.

My next stop... get that display dock. Which, is unfortunately out of stock in my neck of the woods...

... !!

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Get a Roku. I have used both the 2 3 Works with my phone and SP3. I am running the preview versions. Never had much luck with first gen. MS Wireless Display Adapter.

Roku 2 Streaming Media Player (4210R) with Faster Processor (2015 Model)

Jeremy Mathew

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I have the MSWDAv2 and it works pretty well with the xl. Dont play games so not sure about lag but cursor movement is fine, i do find it hard to scroll though.

Video playback is watchable if a lil jerky, more evident on scenes with panning.
It does heat the phone up a lot.If i'm watching longer videos i use the continuum background wallpaper that turn the screen black instead of displaying the track pad for a feature length movie.

When i did get an issue with sound coming only through the xl, i disconnected continuum, went to any video that would let me cast a video and casted it to the adapter, this seemed to restore the sound back through the tv. TV: Lg lw6500

tralphs

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I use it to with no problems.
It did take me a while to work out how to connect though as the instructions where a bit ambiguous. you need to swipe down to get the notifications page then expand the top menu and use the Connect button (normally top left).
you don't need the continuum box if you have the wireless connection device and connecting wirelessly has more options to tweak the resolution on the screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos