I've had many phones in the past but have mostly stuck to iPhones since the original iPhone came out (I have had a couple Androids and Blackberries in between). My last Windows phone was the ORIGINAL MDA before the smartphone became popular.
    I plan to keep this updated as my 950XL will arrive today. I will post my quick review and also what apps I used previously and the alternatives on Windows 10.

I am excited for this adventure and really looking forward to the potential in the Windows platform now.

Since this is technically my first post here let me reassure you, I have been a member on iMore, Android Central and Crackberry for MANY years; But I am glad to be here now. :)
    Last edited by c.nash; 11-25-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    RumoredNow, aximtreo and libra89 like this.
    11-25-2015 10:48 AM
    Good to meet you. I hope things go well with your new 950XL. I think you might struggle with some of the apps, but your difficulties may link to how attached you are to apps that have no direct match with Windows Phone. But, if you're willing to move forwards and adjust your view on things, then good things await you.
    11-25-2015 11:18 AM
    I just received it.
    It's comfortable and built pretty well from first impressions.
    Pictures to come.
    11-25-2015 12:04 PM
    Just got my 950XL... I'm in the US and they sent me a Dual SIM. Wonder if there is no Single SIM phones?
    Here are some pictures!

nokia4life, maevinj and aximtreo like this.
    11-25-2015 12:04 PM
    great - but for the sake of keeping all this in one place - can you post your impressions and pics etc. to the quick impressions sticky ? thanks! :)
    11-25-2015 12:12 PM
    Welcome :) here are a few of my favorite apps:
    -MyTube (which is waaaaaaay better than official youtube apps on ios/android)
    -All the default Weather, News, etc... Apps
    -Readit
    -Converge
    -Trakter
    -And an awesome Vodlocker client I'm currently developping ;)
    11-25-2015 12:13 PM
    Dual-sim? Really? I think I've read something like MS will not launch dual-sim version in US.
    Then is this one really a true dual-sim? Or MS just messes up inventory and ships out versions launching in other countries to US, interesting.

Can't wait for mine to arrive! Keep refreshing UPS tracking webpage, although I know they will not deliver my device before noon.
    11-25-2015 12:27 PM
    I'll be checking out the dual sim status with the phone. But the box does say that.
    My phone came from PA and I'm in Miami, Florida. So it's just whenever UPS makes the stop to you.
    11-25-2015 01:06 PM
    Now that's a nice box. Not orange. :)
    11-25-2015 01:08 PM