I have the 950XL dual sim but no LTE icon in top bar

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
As far as I remember dual SIM phones won't display LTE on the notification bar.
All you'll see is "4G" even when you have LTE.

Ken Nye

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem.. but then I turned off wifi.. and the wifi icon went away and then LTE showed up in its place..Turn wifi back on and LTE disappears.. I think there is not enough space to show all the icons.
I wish it would not show the unused sim2 icon

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem.. but then I turned off wifi.. and the wifi icon went away and then LTE showed up in its place. Turn wifi back on and LTE disappears.. I think there is not enough space to show all the icons.
I wish it would not show the unused sim2 icon
You're close. I think that since Windows 10, the status bar shows the voice/text signal strength icon(s) and the data connection method.

When WiFi is not active, it's icon is not shown. Instead, a "cellular data" connection method "icon" appears to the right of the SIM that's doing data. (Remember, in the dual-SIM phones, only one SIM does data while both do voice/text.) The connection method icon says things like "2G", "Edge", "3G", "H," "H+", "4G", and "LTE".

When the data connection method is WiFi, the WiFi icon is shown to the right of the voice/text signal icon and cellular data connection method icon is shown next (since those schemes aren't used to transmit data while WiFi is active because WiFi is typically faster and more power efficient).

danny 2

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else has no LTE on their 950XL (Dual SIM) with the AT&T sim in it? I had no issues with the Lumia 1520.
I got t mobile, lte only appears when I pull down the action bar. Otherwise I also only see bates for signal strength
950 xl dual sim unlocked 🔓

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Same. LTE shown in pull down. it is working with my ATT sim that the guy at the ATT store gave me for free today. He scanned it with my account info, I installed it right there in the store and boom it worked.

d33pth0u9ht

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem today with mine... turned out to be a configuration error on ATT's side. I called their customer support and they discovered that I was only provisioned for 3G/4G because the 950xl was not in their system yet. The person that I spoke to corrected it and all is working now. I see LTE at the top of the screen.

Thorgal Aegirsson

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, there is an issue. Here's another thread in this forum. I can't post links so you need to look for it
ATT doesn't want to provision the SIM for LTE with those phones, so you need to give them IMEI of another phone.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
As far as I remember dual SIM phones won't display LTE on the notification bar.
All you'll see is "4G" even when you have LTE.

I have the same behavior and I also have it on my dual sim 640XL. I think it has to do with the amount of display space in the notification bar and the need to be able to cover 2 sims. LTE works, though!

<TED>

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Unlocked 950 xl dual sim on t mobile, no WiFi calling does not work for me.
If someone knows of a setting let us know.

When I got my 640XL which I put on T-Mobile, the T-Mobile rep told me that WIFI calling only works on T-Mobile sourced phones. I think it is part of the firmware on their phones rather than an app, but I don't know that for sure.

<TED>

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine just shows an "L" in between the signal strength and "No Sim2" icons. And beneath that it shows my carrier name + L as well, (i.e. Telus L) if I swipe the notification display down.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine just shows an "L" in between the signal strength and "No Sim2" icons. And beneath that it shows my carrier name + L as well, (i.e. Telus L) if I swipe the notification display down.
the L is for LTE I believe, both my Rogers and Telus sims show L, do a data speed check shows that they are connected as LTE.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have two sims installed, you're only going to show 'lte' for one at a time. (Let's call this the primary sim, for all intents and purposes.) I run both T-Mobile and AT&T sims. When you change the 'sim used for data', that sim becomes 'primary', irregardless of the slot it is in. That's the sim that's going to show lte. This is also irregardless of whether or not you actually have data enabled, or wifi enabled. I rarely use cell data and I struggled with this concept on my 640 XL Dual SIM LTE for months before I understood. It also took about an hour before my AT&T sim would show up as lte (the first time I installed it.) I have to say W10M handles dual sim 1000x better than W8M ever did. I can swap between my sims seamlessly. W8M always required reboots and monkeying with settings.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a dual sim 950 XL on AT&T. I received my phone the day before Thanksgiving and ever since then I have only showed 4G cellular connectivity. I believe that there is a huge thread on here somewhere regarding this. A week ago, I took my 950 XL into my local MSFT store after someone at AT&T suggested I do so. The guy at the MSFT store built a new AT&T profile under Internet APN in my SIM 1 settings. Since we were in a mall, we couldn't tell if our location was why I was still showing 4G or it still had something to do with the phone. After a couple of days, I went back to AT&T and complained that I was not showing LTE. I explained to the rep that I had read in the WC forums that I could put an IMEI number from their display 950 and that would give LTE, which it did. However doing this caused me to lose the ability to send multi-media texts. After a few days I returned to AT&T and they tried to push me off saying that the 950 XL was an unlocked phone and they couldn't guarantee that I could get LTE on their network. I explained that it needed to be provisioned properly (per the other huge thread on this issue here) and got a little worked up and the rep went and spoke to their store manager. She called up my account, put in my phones proper IMEI number and now I always have LTE and my texting works fine now too. Be insistent when you go into AT&T. There really is no difference between the 950 and the XL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte