950 XL no LTE on AT&T?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
unless your sim is ancient, or your last nano-sim didn't have LTE as well, it should be fine.

jump into the field test menu and make sure all band are available (field test menu ##382# from the dialer works on the 950, and has been updated for windows 10)

once it pops up, tap "bank locking" and see if anything is unchecked.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Question since I've never bought an unlocked phone. Do I have to go to my ATT store to have them activate it? Can I take the sim card out of my 640xl and use it in the 950xl? I figured I would have to take it to the store to have them activate it. It arrives today. Anyone?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Question since I've never bought an unlocked phone. Do I have to go to my ATT store to have them activate it? Can I take the sim card out of my 640xl and use it in the 950xl? I figured I would have to take it to the store to have them activate it. It arrives today. Anyone?

swapping sims should work fine. the "activation" at&t does is literally programming a new sim and plugging it in.

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure the sim from ATT for a 640xl is the same size as what would go into a 950xl? May seem like a silly question to some but, again, I've never purchased a phone outside of an ATT store. Thanks for any and all advice. If I can just swap the sim and then wipe the old phone and know that it isn't linked to my account anymore in any way I'll then sell it.

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Go to network and wireless in settings then cellular and sim then sim settings then click update settings. You might need to reboot the phone after. Try that and see if lte shows up. Not sure about the 640 xl but my 640 had a different sim size then my att 950.

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Go to network and wireless in settings then cellular and sim then sim settings then click update settings. You might need to reboot the phone after. Try that and see if lte shows up. Not sure about the 640 xl but my 640 had a different sim size then my att 950.

Nothing is working. I don't even have a data connection now. Can't connect to any website. Is this a sim card problem?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You might need to plug in the Internet APN and MMS APN. You'll find the settings here:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2FKB424489%3Fsource%3Dredirect&token=jRQX5Bq1 (scroll down)

I had to do both of those on my unlocked Lumia 930 to get a data connection and working MMS. Sometimes it just detects and works and sometimes you have to plug it in. I even had to do that on an old Lumia 920 from AT&T, I think it was a quirk of W10.

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
You might need to plug in the Internet APN and MMS APN. You'll find the settings here:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2FKB424489%3Fsource%3Dredirect&token=pu7HKlwI (scroll down)

I had to do both of those on my unlocked Lumia 930 to get a data connection and working MMS. Sometimes it just detects and works and sometimes you have to plug it in. I even had to do that on an old Lumia 920 from AT&T, I think it was a quirk of W10.

I don't understand these settings. Just leave everything blank except IP4v6 and then use this APNfor LTE?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand these settings. Just leave everything blank except IP4v6 and then use this APNfor LTE?

It does seem strange but it worked for my 920 that day. I did an upgrade to 10 from 8.1, then hard reset the 920 to get a clean install, then I noticed later I had no data when I left the house. I used my phone to find that Internet APN, typed in only those two fields (phone and IPv4v6) and bam data came back along with the LTE icon (maybe I had to reboot).

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It does seem strange but it worked for my 920 that day. I did an upgrade to 10 from 8.1, then hard reset the 920 to get a clean install, then I noticed later I had no data when I left the house. I used my phone to find that Internet APN, typed in only those two fields (phone and IPv4v6) and bam data came back along with the LTE icon (maybe I had to reboot).

There are different settings though. They are as follows:
profile name:
APN:
Username:
Password:
Type of sign in info:
IP Type
proxy server:
proxy port:

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
unless your sim is ancient, or your last nano-sim didn't have LTE as well, it should be fine.

jump into the field test menu and make sure all band are available (field test menu ##382# from the dialer works on the 950, and has been updated for windows 10)

once it pops up, tap "bank locking" and see if anything is unchecked.

This doesn't work. It doesn't even come up - just says "error sessiontimed out"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte