I got a dual sim variant, but is there a way to disable the empty sim 2 notificatons?

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
So far, I haven't found a way to disable Sim 2 from the notification bar or text. I'd love to disable it completely so it acts like a single sim phone.

shifty303

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
On Windows Phone 8.1 you go to Settings>Notifications & Actions. Then turn off phone two and messaging 2. Not sure if it's the same on WP10 but worth a shot.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
There is, go into the Phone or Messaging app, open the menu/options bar, and hit Link tiles. It'll combine the tiles into a single one and hide the extra ones.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I've never had a dual sim phone, so please excuse the dumb question. If I buy one of those pre paid sims and install it along with my T-Mobile sim, will that allow me to make calls from two numbers on the same phone? That would be cool, but I'd need to develop some nefarious motive for doing so.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
he has not got into the settings.....if it is the case it might be a deal breaker for me...I go Canada-usa back and forth ...I need to be able to toggle those sim off , either one of them

You can turn it off once you have a SIM installed. You can't turn it off if there isn't one installed.

I've never had a dual sim phone, so please excuse the dumb question. If I buy one of those pre paid sims and install it along with my T-Mobile sim, will that allow me to make calls from two numbers on the same phone? That would be cool, but I'd need to develop some nefarious motive for doing so.

That is exactly what having dual SIMs allows you to do. You can use two different phone numbers (like a home and work number).

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You can turn it off once you have a SIM installed. You can't turn it off if there isn't one installed.

do you have the phone?....if yes, Can you toggle off either sim?
I have a Canadian phone number and a US phone number. When I am in Canada the US phone number need to go off and vice versa....

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
do you have the phone?....if yes, Can you toggle off either sim?
I have a Canadian phone number and a US phone number. When I am in Canada the US phone number need to go off and vice versa....

Yes, I have the phone. And yes, there is a toggle in the settings. It is disabled when there is only one SIM, but there it is there. You can enable/disable the SIM from the settings.

ajcollins09

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You can also link the messaging and phone tiles respectively. It the. Only shows one tile for each and you can select the sim you want to use inside the app.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Not only do I want to get rid of the empty sim in the status bar but also the labeling of "sim 1" in all text messages and calls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium