950XL and Nokia Wireless Stand Charger

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like my 950XL doesn't work with the Nokia Wireless Stand Charger. That really sucks. I love my stand charger. I can't get it to pick up the wireless charger at all no matter how I position it.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
It mostly works when I place mine in landscape mode. It's not a 100% stable connection, but it's better than nothing until I can get to my USB-C cable waiting at home.

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Same here. It works in landscape mode if you move the phone upwards, but if you just stand the phone sideways on the plate it the light just flashes as it can't maintain a connection. There must be a mismatch in the charge coils in the stand and the backplate. I have no idea whether anything can be rigged to get around it or to compensate for it either..... :-(

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, slightly relieved. I was thinking it was my phone that was broken. Guess I will be throwing this away. Or gifting it to my parents for Xmas.

Hmoll1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here... I had a 1520 with the same problem. Solution: Have someone who is good with electronics move the Qi pad down. Especially with the Continuum dock, I was hoping this would not happen. Still, super stoked about the phone overall.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It almost charges in landscape, if I stick a thin/flat USB key under it as a spacer it does charge. So, I'll make a flat wood shim and stick it in place.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So, you are upset enough that an accessory designed 3 years ago for a different phone doesn't work with your new phone that you will return it? Why did you bother?

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It works, no change in technology people... It is all about placement... It is a 3 year old stand designed with the phones of the past in mind.

The qi contact are not lined up, that's all... Use a shim or something... I would make a new stand using the old flat chargers myself... Or just lay it flat... I have never ever needed my phone docked up... For the clock? I would use a prop... Anything else other than a movie, I needed to pick the phone up anyhow... Lastly, for applications I needed it docked like a movie, it was better with the cord as the battery was charger slower than the power the being used.

I have a few wireless chargers, and they are great. Lay the phone on it ans go away... No need to connect a wire.. Just lay flat and you are dune...

Docks have and will always be temporary... Talk to the apply guys about have to change docks ever couple years... Docks for Android ans windows phones are just about universal, still the phones are variables... Not the dock on perfect fit...

If this is your deal breaker on the phone that you paid 700 for, some cheap *** old dock not working, you must be crazy... Go spend the bucks on one that is newer and works foe this phone... Why cheap out in the end after spending so much... And it is minor.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Literally just tried this with my work charging stand and devastated.. One more thing now to add to the list for Black Friday shopping.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It works, no change in technology people... It is all about placement... It is a 3 year old stand designed with the phones of the past in mind.

The qi contact are not lined up, that's all... Use a shim or something... I would make a new stand using the old flat chargers myself... Or just lay it flat... I have never ever needed my phone docked up... For the clock? I would use a prop... Anything else other than a movie, I needed to pick the phone up anyhow... Lastly, for applications I needed it docked like a movie, it was better with the cord as the battery was charger slower than the power the being used.

I have a few wireless chargers, and they are great. Lay the phone on it ans go away... No need to connect a wire.. Just lay flat and you are dune...

Docks have and will always be temporary... Talk to the apply guys about have to change docks ever couple years... Docks for Android ans windows phones are just about universal, still the phones are variables... Not the dock on perfect fit...

If this is your deal breaker on the phone that you paid 700 for, some cheap *** old dock not working, you must be crazy... Go spend the bucks on one that is newer and works foe this phone... Why cheap out in the end after spending so much... And it is minor.

We are not talking about docks, we are talking about Qi, which actually is a standard for wirelessly charging mobile devices. The Lumia 950 XL is said to be the successor to the Lumia 1520, both show Qi wireless charging capabilities when comparing them on the vendor site. I own 3 (repeat: 3, not one) "cheap" Qi wireless charging stands of the same vendor, 70 EUR each, designed for the predecessor and suggesting that you will not need any new solution for the next years, which will not work just because the coil in the new back cover is just not lined up. No hint on this anywhere so far, even no reason, and you call me crazy?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett