Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i am hoping they fix this because i did the same thing, installed .29 and hard reset..nothing works. I reached out to them on twitter and they recommended i do a soft reset, make sure im on a solid wifi, install .29, and make sure the sim is in correctly, i did everything they said and nothing works. I let them know. So hopefully they fix this soon. If anyone has a fix or it starts working for them please let us know!

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a working theory that Lumia app does not like the newest firmware
01078.00027.15506.020xx
as the app worked fine for my old 950xl that wold not install that firmware

this is why a lot NEW purchased phones get the "Wrong Operating System" error message

Who knows:?(

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I have a working theory that Lumia app does not like the newest firmware
01078.00027.15506.020xx
as the app worked fine for my old 950xl that wold not install that firmware

this is why a lot NEW purchased phones get the "Wrong Operating System" error message

Who knows:?(
My guess is it's something to do with the backend. I got that error message once, then the next day it was fine. That day also saw the app work and send me the confirmation code.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
holy sh!t this is the most annoying friggin app that MS has put out... I mean seriously? who thought of this crap?! I cant get the bloody thing to work! I had my phone set up perfectly and my MMS working and data working which took me all day to get working and so when I try to claim my free dock it tells me its not the right operating system, so as per suggestion on here I did a hard reset and lost all my settings that took me forever to get working! and it STILL DOESNT FRIGGIN WORK!!!!! friggin MS man! now I un-installed it and I cant get it back from the reddit link that someone posted in this thread and there is no link to install it or button to press to install the stupid thing just tells me the info about lumia offers and that's it! JEEZUS murphy man! WTF is ms DOING?!!!

EDIT: pffft I give up man, I've tried EVERYTHING to get it to work

Last edited:

pattyandchips

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well im another user getting the same error... Im hoping the app gets fixed soon as they really are talking the **** with this offer.

Judging by all the complaints in the forum.
I'm sure when it does get fixed they will be out of stock again and it will probably stay that way until the offer ends. It may be with in the T&Cs but it ls very dishonest what is happening at the moment.

I hope WP/WindowsCentral cover an article on all the pitfalls in the offer.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
After I explained I have done everything possible and the amount of people having problems now is large
(MScomunity #LumiaHelp and WinCentral Forums)

I just got a tweet back from @LumiaHelp saying...

@madusmacus We're checking on this. We'll let you know once we have any info to share. ^JR

All appendages crossed here 29 days left to claim :?)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
haha just read all the feedbacks on the app in the appstore itself... really really bad! this is so poorly done on MS's side it isn't even funny... its so sad as I'm so heavily invested in MS products that this is turning me off to their products now. but thank gawd my phone is working flawless and I'm not having the troubles that others are having *knocks on wood* I'm holding onto my L1520 before I sell it till I know I will be trouble free for sure

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Same here, but comm'on people, give them some time. It' holiday season and someone in the team clearly forgot to include .29 OS update to the list of eligible devices.

BBJonbo

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL

I bought 2 950xls. One for me and one for my 85 yr old dad as an Xmas gift. I wanted to get the offer earlier due to the limited stock notice. I didn't have a 2nd sim so tried my sim in his phone and nothing showed up. I had to borrow my DW's nano sim and put it in my dad's new phone. That allowed me to get the offer. Makes sense you need a unique sim card per offer.

I placed my order on the 28th and his on Dec 3. I didn't want to wait until Xmas day to order his. I received my display dock already and his arrives on Jan 5.

Sorry that others are not able to see the offer amd place their order. I personally find the display dock as a very useful device. Hope the issues get resolved for you all soon so you can experience the display dock.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
How many of you are trying the same sim card in two 950xl's ?

Has BBJonbo hit the nail on the head ?

I was using same sim on my new 950xl as I used on my old 950xl

I wonder....
(but im not opening up the back till I know this for sure or the creaks will arrive)

hehe

pattyandchips

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just Googled the issue and it seems to be everywhere now. Multiple threads here, Microsoft Community and various other forums.I only have one 950XL and its a complete new sim as I had my account moved from a micro to nano sim.

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I just Googled the issue and it seems to be everywhere now. Multiple threads here, Microsoft Community and various other forums.I only have one 950XL and its a complete new sim as I had my account moved from a micro to nano sim.

Yep even the app on MS store has loads and loads of 1 star * "wrong operating system" reviews
Add one too I did hehe

Last edited:

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Microsoft store UK support

Although they had access to my purchase order as proof of purchase on the 30/12/2015

They have No way to override their system and provide me with a dock
The only way they can do this is if I have been emailed a BAD code from Lumia App

I mentioned it does not get that far etc and they understand totally but cant do anything to help

They took all the details down and gave me a reference number and asked me to recall next Monday

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077