Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL

Mine doesn't even show an offer, it's blank.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151201_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20151201_0005.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 9

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
WTF??? I pre ordered my 950xl from a physical store as soon as they were available for pre order. I picked it up on Black Friday as soon as it was available for pick up here. I did all updates including the Lumia Offers update over the weekend. Yesterday, Monday, I started the process of switching my service from Verizon to ATT. Today I finished the process and got my sim. Went straight to the Lumia Offers app and got this...

wp_ss_20151201_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20151201_0003.jpgwp_ss_20151201_0004.jpg

So I called the store and they said the offer was only while supplies last... WTF??? Tomorrow I'm going to the store and I better get a different answer... this is unacceptable! (I couldn't have done this any faster considering they released it on Thanksgiving holiday weekend and I had to switch from a Verizon corporate account to ATT)

<note from moderator: NEVER post your email address on an open forum - edited picture>

Last edited by a moderator:

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I hope for all of you it is a glitch in the system. They still list the offer on the Microsoft Store website. To list an offer good until the end of Jan, and to say they ran out the first week sounds like a glitch in the system. I would not trust what a store tells you, as they do not usually have the right information. Hopefully somebody can reach out to Microsoft and get a good answer. They are still selling the dock online, so they could not have run out, though they are back ordered. I got mine today that I ordered through the offer on Thusday. I am really surprised how heavy it is. I it is not cheaply made at all!

To the poster who shows no offers, you have to update your apps from the store and then it should show the offer. I know it took me over half a day to get an email reply when I submitted the offer, so even then there were glitches in the system

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I hope for all of you it is a glitch in the system. They still list the offer on the Microsoft Store website. To list an offer good until the end of Jan, and to say they ran out the first week sounds like a glitch in the system. I would not trust what a store tells you, as they do not usually have the right information. Hopefully somebody can reach out to Microsoft and get a good answer. They are still selling the dock online, so they could not have run out, though they are back ordered. I got mine today that I ordered through the offer on Thusday. I am really surprised how heavy it is. I it is not cheaply made at all!

To the poster who shows no offers, you have to update your apps from the store and then it should show the offer. I know it took me over half a day to get an email reply when I submitted the offer, so even then there were glitches in the system

Thanks for the tip. Updated the app, soft reset my phone. Still blank.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine came in today, did the offer last Wednesday.

Now lets see if the phone gets stable enough and onedrive starts uploading automatically so I can keep it.

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I preordered my phone about 3 weeks ago from a store. I stopped by the store this monday and to check the status of my phone. The salesperson said, let e check. Oh it's here. No emails, no phone calls. Been there since the launch date. I think she said wednesday. So I was asking about the dock and the said that I have to use the app, but it's limited availability. I was a little disappointed because if they called me when it was available, I would have been able to get the dock sooner. The employee said, well it's only $100. if you don't get the dock for free you can just buy one.

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I preordered my phone about 3 weeks ago from a store. I stopped by the store this monday and to check the status of my phone. The salesperson said, let e check. Oh it's here. No emails, no phone calls. Been there since the launch date. I think she said wednesday. So I was asking about the dock and the said that I have to use the app, but it's limited availability. I was a little disappointed because if they called me when it was available, I would have been able to get the dock sooner. The employee said, well it's only $100. if you don't get the dock for free you can just buy one.

This is BS! I absolutely can't believe they are pulling this!!! I'm going in to the store later today and if they don't have a better answer, I'm returning it... which is Efed Up because now I'll have to go through the hassle of switching back to Verizon... and switching from Verizon to ATT earlier this week was already a big pain!

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I received it today, in France (from Portugal)...

5651cb7adb94f3ad2d6de05d9096d4ef.jpg

Ordered it on Monday morning. Took 2 days to arrive using UPS.

seagar

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Received my 950 XL last Wednesday. Received the CONGRATS! email on Thursday and been trying to use the code since then. First I had an "invalid" code which took three calls to correct. Once corrected and now that I have a valid code, the website I am sent to has said out of stock since Saturday yet when I go to the 'official' site, docks are for sale. Three more calls and a chat and been told now to check back daily until it shows 'redeem'; in other words just wait. I don't get why I can't at least get it on back order???

Could it be that I have the wrong web site address being sent to for redemption and it is broken? MS claims it is valid but can't believe they want me to check back hourly until it shows up as available. Most recent call essentially ended with "Well don't worry, it's a valid offer until February".

Any ideas on how to possibly solve this would be appreciated.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
First we all sat and bit our nails trying to get the phone. Now this feels like the second act. I got my email code on Sunday, but the device has been "Out of stock" since then. I do have to admit I can be a lot more patient for a free item that I probably won't use much anyway. However, again, I do wish they'd just clearly communicate better. They don't even have their (rather useless) "e-mail me when available" button. I spend most of my time at work telling my clients "no", but setting expectations and communicating openly results in a lot better customer loyalty in the long run. I bet most of us wouldn't be complaining at all if MS had that approach.

206Husky

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Received my 950 XL last Wednesday. Received the CONGRATS! email on Thursday and been trying to use the code since then. First I had an "invalid" code which took three calls to correct. Once corrected and now that I have a valid code, the website I am sent to has said out of stock since Saturday yet when I go to the 'official' site, docks are for sale. Three more calls and a chat and been told now to check back daily until it shows 'redeem'; in other words just wait. I don't get why I can't at least get it on back order???

Could it be that I have the wrong web site address being sent to for redemption and it is broken? MS claims it is valid but can't believe they want me to check back hourly until it shows up as available. Most recent call essentially ended with "Well don't worry, it's a valid offer until February".

Any ideas on how to possibly solve this would be appreciated.
Ask Microsoft store support to order it for you, that's what I did.

seagar

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually tried on the last two calls and they said they can't do that and then followed up with the "well, don't worry the offer is good until February".

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
ikr, I am seriously thinking about going back to a Nexus 6p, Only thing holding me back is, I feel bad that I convinced 5 of my relatives to get a windows phone. :( I don't get Microsofts attitude towards the people actually supporting it's phone. 1.7%, They should be doing whatever it takes to keep us happy.

G-Burnette

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up my phone on Monday. Did all the updates and used the Lumia Offers app. Everything seemed to work fine, but I never received an email. I tried again later that night. Same problem. Tuesday morning I tried again and received the "Sorry this office is no longer available" :(

mmooore215

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL

After updating the app, I see the offer and can select it however once I submit the offer, it says no longer available. Did I miss something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99