Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

EliteMikes

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my phone on Monday. Did all the updates and used the Lumia Offers app. Everything seemed to work fine, but I never received an email. I tried again later that night. Same problem. Tuesday morning I tried again and received the "Sorry this office is no longer available" :(
This is what happens to me as well. It's frustrating.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, it sounds like this has a wide affect on people and everyone at Microsoft is clueless to what's going on. They need to release a statement about it and what the workarounds are. This was the reason I went with the XL. I figured I wanted the dock, but the 950 plus dock cost the same as the XL plus dock.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It's Microsoft, wait a couple weeks and try again. If it still doesn't work call em. Slamming the server every three hours rarely works ;).

Sounds like they are just out of stock, mine arrived Wed. I had applied Wed. or Thurs. last week.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I say everyone should just leave a poor review on the product page for the XL mentioning this. Since they clearly don't care about responding to support calls about this and just pointing fingers saying we need to contact others, etc, etc, etc, maybe we can make them care by being more public about it. The whole reason I got the XL was because I wanted the dock. Figured if I bought the 950 plus the dock, it'd cost the same as the XL plus the dock. So this destroys the entire purpose for me. Running out before all the pre-orders were even fulfilled is ridiculous.

G-Burnette

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. Without the free display dock for the XL I would have just purchased the 950 from AT&T and paid the monthly cost instead of paying the whole thing up front.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The dock is only out of stock when I use the button provided in the email. If I just search for it on the site it is available, but the code provided doesn't give a discount.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
The dock is only out of stock when I use the button provided in the email. If I just search for it on the site it is available, but the code provided doesn't give a discount.

That there is called 'throttling' and sad that they've decided to do it their most die-hard fans. Although they probably know that they can continue to abuse us and we'll come back for more!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Chat rep said that they have allotted only a certain number for the promotion and the rest for sale on the website. They said they might allocate more later, but nothing had been announced.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Chat rep said that they have allotted only a certain number for the promotion and the rest for sale on the website. They said they might allocate more later, but nothing had been announced.

I am extremely disappointed in MS on how they are handling all of this. I guess next time I just need to keep this fiasco in my head the next time they offer a free product. I was on the fence between the 950 and the XL but decided to go with the XL due to getting the dock for free as it was something I was considering as an accessory later on. I am pretty much at the point of giving up on the free dock offer, which is probably right where they want me. Now I am torn if I want to give them anymore $ after everything.

Meredith43

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It's also really frustrating to see the offer is still advertised on the phone page in the store site. If the "freebie" is already out of stock, that is blatant false advertising. I don't think you get to say "while supplies last" when supplies were gone long ago.

I'd feel better if I was still unable to get a code--to finally get the code, and then see no more docks left is awful.

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Trying to get a comment from Microsoft about this.

Thanks!... this is really messed up as I pre-ordered early, picked up as soon as it was available for pick up (here in Scottsdale that was black Friday), activated asap also as I had to switch from a corporate Verizon to ATT ({my phone only} for testing purposes but shows my loyalty because I was considering eventually switching my whole company over because of better WP support). And they pull this on a petty $99 Display Dock. Don't understand why they just can't send one they have for sale? At this point it's not the money... it's the principle!!!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Trying to get a comment from Microsoft about this.
Thank you, Dan! Really appreciate it!

I'd feel better if I was still unable to get a code--to finally get the code, and then see no more docks left is awful.
Yeah, kinda sucked to have the Lumia Offers app finally work, get the email, and then not be able to do anything with it. Have been struggling with Customer Service with this since Monday. My local store manager has said he will be working on this from his end as well, and if nothing else will "negotiate a solution that works best for you in-store".

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Doh. New XL today, read on here to do a fresh install. Did that, now there is no Lumia Reward app.......

How do i get it back? Doesn't look to have redownloaded from the store, and not searchable in the store.

UK based. It was there when i first turned on the phone, before i stupidly hard reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss