Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
It's working for me now. I received my promo code. Now I just need to wait for them to be in stock in the store :p
They're in stock at the store. Read a few posts above. MS has two different Product IDs for the Display Dock. One for 950XL pre-orders and one for the regular store. The code they give doesn't work for the regular store version.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The MS Store has different product IDs for the Promo Dock and the Regular one.

Promo: Microsoft Display Dock - Microsoft Store

Regular: Buy Microsoft Display Dock - Microsoft Store
If I wasn't lucky enough to get my free dock ordered on Oct 25th and delivered on the 27th I know what I would be doing and if enough did it, MS might do things differently next time.

I would order a dock from the regular page and return it in 30 days regardless of whether I got the "free" one. If their plan was to have docks to sell to 950 owners (or to XL owners who can't wait) while customers they owe a dock to go without, it will take some of them out of circulation. Plus MS ends up with a bunch of returned/used docks that someone else will be able to pick up later for less since they aren't new any more.

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
They're in stock at the store. Read a few posts above. MS has two different Product IDs for the Display Dock. One for 950XL pre-orders and one for the regular store. The code they give doesn't work for the regular store version.

But they're not actually different versions... same dock, same packaging, same sku, and I bet they are even shipping from the same place... just a different order page which is a way for them to play games and throttle the "free" docks (that are not actually "free" because the dock is actually just included in the price of the 950xl for a limited time... we still paid for it. If it was really "free," we wouldn't have had to purchase a phone).

Last edited:

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
If I wasn't lucky enough to get my free dock ordered on Oct 25th and delivered on the 27th I know what I would be doing and if enough did it, MS might do things differently next time.

I would order a dock from the regular page and return it in 30 days regardless of whether I got the "free" one. If their plan was to have docks to sell to 950 owners (or to XL owners who can't wait) while customers they owe a dock to go without, it will take some of them out of circulation. Plus MS ends up with a bunch of returned/used docks that someone else will be able to pick up later for less since they aren't new any more.
I've been thinking about doing this, actually, but from my local store so I can get it now.

And yes, I realize they're the exact same thing. MS is screwing us.

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about doing this, actually, but from my local store so I can get it now.

And yes, I realize they're the exact same thing. MS is screwing us.

Yep, I'm going to do this too... buy the dock and return it before 30 days and if I still don't receive the included "free" dock that I paid for by purchasing the phone, within the 30 days, then I may return the phone too!

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else getting the "wrong operating system error" when trying to complete the offer. This is beginning to feel like a two-bit scam.

Mark Morales

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL

Just bought my dock. Will have it for Christmas time and new years, then return it. :)

Just bought mine too, the last one here at the Scottsdale store lol. But the manager did say that if MS doesn't get the included one within the 30 day return period, he'll find a way to return it and comp me one.

pic2.jpg

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Doh. New XL today, read on here to do a fresh install. Did that, now there is no Lumia Reward app.......

How do i get it back? Doesn't look to have redownloaded from the store, and not searchable in the store.

UK based. It was there when i first turned on the phone, before i stupidly hard reset.

I made the same mistake as you ha ha :grin:

I contacted MS store online chat and they said to contact them by phone and they will provide the code needed. Unfortunately the phone reps don't know how this is possible. They say it can only be claimed via the app. I explained that the app can't be downloaded. After getting transferred to the MS windows department I gave up! If anyone has more success then please post how you managed it. :wink:

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I made the same mistake as you ha ha :grin:

I contacted MS store online chat and they said to contact them by phone and they will provide the code needed. Unfortunately the phone reps don't know how this is possible. They say it can only be claimed via the app. I explained that the app can't be downloaded. After getting transferred to the MS windows department I gave up! If anyone has more success then please post how you managed it. :wink:

Yes, I got sorted! Spoke to UK sales chat. They posted a store link for the app Lumia offers. I then had to email the chat discussion. Opened the link through the email on my phone and it went to the app. Downloaded, applied for and bought for ?0! ☺

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I got sorted! Spoke to UK sales chat. They posted a store link for the app Lumia offers. I then had to email the chat discussion. Opened the link through the email on my phone and it went to the app. Downloaded, applied for and bought for ?0! ☺

Good result. I have the same issue - got 950XL yesterday and it froze on first boot, had to hard reset so no app.

bells0, any chance you could PM me the link to the app, just to shortcut the process? Thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa