Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

EvilGardenGnome

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else is getting this issue, but resets, app updates, and a lot of other tries wouldn't work for me to get the Lumia Offers app working.

However, strangely, logging into a MS account (or website that uses one) in the Edge browser DID work. Logging into any apps had no effect.

Very strange, and involved lots of swearing, but what do you do?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ordered mine on Nov 27th and it still says backordered oh well I was wrong for expecting MSFT to have their crap together if you offer a promo. its funny its not backordered if you go into the store online and just try to order one. Hell everyday a new tech blogger is unboxing one yet back ordered since the 27th. Its crap like this that makes me even wonder why I gave them my money for the phone in the first place. Don't advertise something to only ship 1 or 2 out every other week and have thousands of people on backorder when we clearly can go into the same online store and it shows available ships in 2 days.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia offers app updated the first time I opened the Store App and the offer was visible. Code arrived via email a few minutes later. Ordered the Dock, it said 6-8 weeks leadtime, but it was waiting for me this evening when I arrived home from work. Took about 4 days to be delivered.

Purchased phone from Carphonewarehouse here in the UK.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My order still states "backordered", since Nov 27. I'm not too upset though since I returned my 950XL. :) Still plan on keeping the dock if it finally arrives and jumping back on the 950XL bandwagon later when the price drops and/or the bugs disappear.

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Update for US customers. I had the free dock on order since the 27th of November, with a status "Back Ordered", while the full price version was available for sale at the Microsoft Store website. Talked to a very nice rep at Microsoft today, who cancelled my back order, and placed in an order for the full price version with the discount attached (so it was zero dollars for me). As a bonus, it's expedited shipping, so should have the dock in my hands tomorrow. Just got the tracking number from UPS. Excited!!!!

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Update for US customers. I had the free dock on order since the 27th of November, with a status "Back Ordered", while the full price version was available for sale at the Microsoft Store website. Talked to a very nice rep at Microsoft today, who cancelled my back order, and placed in an order for the full price version with the discount attached (so it was zero dollars for me). As a bonus, it's expedited shipping, so should have the dock in my hands tomorrow. Just got the tracking number from UPS. Excited!!!!

I'm trying this very thing. All I'm getting is "sorry for the inconvenience, it's a very popular product. "

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I would love to be able to get to the point of getting the code. Lumia offers is always coming back with Stay tuned.

ashdown43

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

Seems like its only for you. I got a it will be shipped in 4-6 weeks.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you get your refund? After reading all the requirements for return was not sure a return could done. Quit using mine and went back to my 1020.

hxsme

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I (pre)ordered my Lumia 950 XL on the 16th of November (the first batch that went on for sale); and when I received it I quickly updated the Lumia offers app, and opened it and to my surprise there was no offers available there; I did a hard reset but still no offers... I called MS support a couple of times and they claimed that it could be due to the dock being out of stock; so I waited some time and was always checking the app with no luck... a couple of days ago I called MS again and they told me that since I ordered my phone on the 16th of November it is not eligible for the offer - only orders between 20th of Nov and 31st of Jan are eligible - although the offer was clearly showing on the ordering page!!!
did anyone face the same issue??
I am sure many people ordered on the 16th of November and got the dock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss