Free Display Dock via the Lumia Offers app on 950 XL?

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I did notice I couldn't order the dock until I had swapped my SIM into the phone. I put the SIM in on Sunday night, ordered the dock via the promo link on Sunday night and had a tracking number by noon on Monday. I look forward to giving it a try, not sure if it is a killer feature for what I do but we shall see!

lankylars

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I received my dock last Thursday. Lumia Offers/Microsoft Store estimated something absurd like 10 weeks for delivery when I redeemed the offer, but it arrived in two weeks.

I did some limited testing with various apps and it's pretty cool. Build quality of the dock itself is great - very premium feeling. I don't have a daily or weekly use scenario right now, though, so for the moment it remains more of a novelty for me. I'll try taking it when I travel somewhere.

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
but I don't live in a country where the offer is available

There's your problem. That's Amazon advertising the phone incorrectly in Italy, not Microsoft's problem. If Microsoft don't offer a specific promotion in your country, don't expect them to honour one for a different country. "Someone else" saying they got it doesn't mean that Microsoft have to do anything about. Sorry to be blunt, but I can't see any way that you would be entitled to a dock if Microsoft aren't offering it in Italy

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
There's your problem. That's Amazon advertising the phone incorrectly in Italy, not Microsoft's problem. If Microsoft don't offer a specific promotion in your country, don't expect them to honour one for a different country. "Someone else" saying they got it doesn't mean that Microsoft have to do anything about. Sorry to be blunt, but I can't see any way that you would be entitled to a dock if Microsoft aren't offering it in Italy

It doesn't matter where you live, it matters where you bought the phone from. In my country MS doesn't have that offer, but I ordered the phone from German MS store and I got the code from live chat support on German site. By the way, MS Italy does offer a free dock and so does amazon apparently (and for a good price too: http://www.amazon.it/Microsoft-Lumi...&tag=tech08c20-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3375431).

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I did notice I couldn't order the dock until I had swapped my SIM into the phone. I put the SIM in on Sunday night, ordered the dock via the promo link on Sunday night and had a tracking number by noon on Monday. I look forward to giving it a try, not sure if it is a killer feature for what I do but we shall see!

For tthe record, I was able to place the Continuum dock order immediately upon inserting a SIM card. The order shipped within 24 hours and I had the dock within 48 hours. I haven't played with it yet but I will soon.

For the record, I am in the United States.

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

If anybody has a Continuum Display Dock they aren't using, I'd be happy to take it off their hands.. Here in South Africa we don't get any offers for the Display Dock and extremely keen to use one.

So if their is a generous soul who is willing to give theirs up, let me know?

Thanks!

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Got an answer after the chat help escalated this up in the UK. I'm not happy and has asked them to give a further answer in three days - the offer was clearly not limited to a UK SIM cards nor geographically and since they sold the phone abroad this offer should stand.

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Store,

I have received the resolution for your case informing me that the reason why you aren't able to get the promo code for the free Microsoft Display Dock is because your region is not included on this offer. As I checked, you have bought the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL from the UK portal. So in order for you to have access to the promo code, you will need an UK SIM card on the Lumia 950 XL you have ordered in order for the Lumia Offer app to generate a promo code.

Should you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us either by replying to this email or by calling us with the reference number xxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

With Kind Regards,
Microsoft Online Store
Customer Service

Tikerz

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought a like-new USED 950XL last week here locally and was pleasantly surprised to be able to order the free dock. It comes in tomorrow. Excited to try it out!

hardywang

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I just received my 950XL last night (order from MS store and it is qualified to get a free dock).

When I opened Lumia Offer last night I saw the free dock offer, but I did not claim it since I want to upgrade all firmware and OS first. I have completed setting and installation this morning thus I decide to claim my offer, but when I open the app there is NO OFFER AT ALL.

I chatted with MS online support, and I was told to wait for 24 hours and try again.

Anybody had same issue before?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Finally caved and purchased the 950XL from a Microsoft brick & mortar store. The sales associate told me I have to go through the Lumia Offers apps to get the dock, even though they had PLENTY of docks at the location. I said fine, I'll jump through their hoops.

Started up the phone, went through initialization process. Lumia Offers apps came with it. Loaded it up, no dock offer at all. Not even the recent promo Office 365 Personal FREE*. Updated all apps. Checked Lumia Offers again. Office 365 Personal FREE* popped up. But no dock.

Soft reset several times. No dock. WTF!!?? Performed hard reset. Again Lumia Offers was preinstalled. No dock offers. UGH!!!! Ran through updates again. Checked for the dock offer. No go! Office365 free still popped up. Could not get a second promo key for free Office365 though. Will update as I keep trying.

EDIT: Updated to .29. Checked Lumia Offers. Still no dock. After a minute, the 950XL stated it needed to reboot since there was a change to the SIM. Rebooted unit (aka soft reset). Checked again. No dock offers. Uninstalled Lumia Offers and reinstalled and soft reset several more times. No luck.

EDIT2: I was afraid the offer may no longer be available. I've done several hard resets with no luck. It just does not show up in Lumia Offers. I'm not sure if any new 950 owners have checked it recently, but it may no longer be available. Reading through the forums, others see the promo and click on it, and then it says it's no longer available or out of stock or whatever. But for me, it does not even show up at all. Chatted with MS help. They could not help me. Finally called MS Store phone number (1 877 696 7786). Spoke to them and they transferred me to another support Agent. After ~30 minutes of verifying my purchase and personal info, they were able to manually email me a link and promo code. Clicked the link and redeemed the code. YAAAYYY!!!

TL,DR: If you do not see the Display Dock in Lumia Offers app, try calling the main MS Store hotline (1 877 696 7786). They will want to verify you with either an email or text message. It's quicker with text message. GL friends!

Last edited:

MrEeks

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
What version of WP10M do you have? When I got my 950XL few days ago it did not have the .29 update, and when I opened up Lumia Offers it didn't show any offers at all. After finally getting the .29 update I was able to open up Lumia Offers to find the Display Dock (and ordered and have the mail confirmation) and the Office offer as well.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
What version of WP10M do you have? When I got my 950XL few days ago it did not have the .29 update, and when I opened up Lumia Offers it didn't show any offers at all. After finally getting the .29 update I was able to open up Lumia Offers to find the Display Dock (and ordered and have the mail confirmation) and the Office offer as well.

Updated to .29. Checked Lumia Offers. Still no dock. After a minute, the 950XL stated it needed to reboot since there was a change to the SIM. Rebooted unit (aka soft reset). Checked again. No dock offers. Uninstalled Lumia Offers and reinstalled and soft reset several more times. No luck.

EDIT2: I was afraid the offer may no longer be available. I've done several hard resets with no luck. It just does not show up in Lumia Offers. I'm not sure if any new 950 owners have checked it recently, but it may no longer be available. Reading through the forums, others see the promo and click on it, and then it says it's no longer available or out of stock or whatever. But for me, it does not even show up at all. Chatted with MS help. They could not help me. Finally called MS Store phone number (1 877 696 7786). Spoke to them and they transferred me to another support Agent. After ~30 minutes of verifying my purchase and personal info, they were able to manually email me a link and promo code. Clicked the link and redeemed the code. YAAAYYY!!!

TL,DR: If you do not see the Display Dock in Lumia Offers app, try calling the main MS Store hotline (1 877 696 7786). They will want to verify you with either an email or text message. It's quicker with text message. GL friends!

Last edited:

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
anyone in Europe (or Belgium more specific) who received their free dock?
Mine's ordered 17/12 and still no go :( that's 5 weeks ago :(

Yes I know I'm impatient :)

mikeoc

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Got my 950 XL yesterday and the dock offer wan't available immediately (Office 365 was) but then it did become available when I checked again later in the day. Ordered, said it will be delivered in 10-12 weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans