950XL and Nokia Car Wireless Charger

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I'll try mine in maybe 30 minutes and let you know. I checked to make sure it fit but I don't have it mounted right now so didn't have it plugged in.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If you had a previous qi compatible phone, like the 830, try to see were the coils on the backplane are in relation to you 950xl.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I put it on my CR-200 and sure enough it doesn't charge. I then started slanting it out slightly at the bottom and sliding it off the edge of the lower lip and sure enough it started charging at about 1mm lower than the lip. So that sucks. I wonder if it's worth busting open the CR-200 and see if it's possible to slide the charger up higher or something.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any pictures or a feel for whether or not the Tylt will have issues with pressing buttons when it clamps? What about the iottie easy one touch?

Hmoll1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
There are other threads on this board about the DT-910 not working, unless the phone is in landscape mode. Theory is that the Qi pad is too high on the back cover.

Is there anyway to lower the phone, so that the Qi makes a connection?

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any pictures or a feel for whether or not the Tylt will have issues with pressing buttons when it clamps? What about the iottie easy one touch?

my iottie one touch wireless came in today. when the height adjustment is extended, it'll wireless charge as expected. however given the placement of the volume/power buttons, the clamp will either clamp down on the power button and shut off the phone, or it'll hit volume down and turn off your ringer.

given the position of those buttons, it'll probably be difficult to find a generic solution designed for the iphones and androids that have those buttons positioned higher, or not even on the side of the phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb