12-18-2015 08:43 AM
57 123
tools
    Thank you navierstokez, was always looking at the red light, and never at the camera. That really makes a big difference.
    11-28-2015 03:35 PM
    Thank you navierstokez, was always looking at the red light, and never at the camera. That really makes a big difference.
    If you had to know to look at the red light, MS failed in design. The reason Apple's TouchID is so great is that you press down in any orientation because it works in 360 degrees. It doesn't require special knowledge of usage.
    11-29-2015 04:47 PM
    Honestly all I do in that that set up and improve recognition stage is just make sure that both my eyes are visible in the camera window and looking straight at the phone.
    11-29-2015 06:10 PM
    Narrator quick launch (search for narrator in settings) worked for me in the training screen. You could alternatively turn it on temporarily, train Hello and improve recognition a couple of times then turn narrator off.
    Narrator worked for the training BUT it still never learned to recognize me with glasses even after 5 "Improve Recognition" attempts with glasses on, each of which took a VERY long time. But afterwards Hello only works one out 10 times at best with glasses on. The phone itself is causing glare. I went into a dark room for an "Improve Recognition" session and there was massive glare showing with the only light source the phone itself. Interestingly, the first "Improve Recognition" attempt failed until I figured out it was incorrectly telling me to move closer. It worked (eventually) when I did the opposite and moved farther away.
    12-01-2015 10:00 AM
    I'm near sighted and taking off my glasses means I can't read the screen. I can't read anything further out than about six inches without my glasses.

I agree with OP. I cannot fathom why they do not have voice prompts.
    THEY do! Turn on NARRATOR under Ease of Access! The phone will read everything on screen. It's off by default for obvious reasons...
    12-01-2015 09:16 PM
    THEY do! Turn on NARRATOR under Ease of Access! The phone will read everything on screen. It's off by default for obvious reasons...
    I don't want it to read everything. I want it to specifically read the instructions that it gives me after telling me to take off my glasses.
    12-02-2015 02:09 AM
    People shouldn't have to get special glasses to use their phone.
    where i live the anti-reflectant glasses are optional when you buy glasses, and is free, i use it and i don't have problems with it with windows hello.
    12-18-2015 08:43 AM
57 123