I asked before about using Cricket vice AT&T and i'm just looking to see if anyone here has activated a 950 XL on Cricket. I am not trying to debate service between AT&T and Cricket, just want to see if anyone has got it working on Cricket. The IMEI check online says its not support but it also comes up with an issue on the AT&T website, so hence my question.

I plan to try but not until Saturday after some obligations are done so i can make sure the port of my # from Verizon to Cricket doesn't interrupt my service that i need on Friday.

Thanks for any input!
    11-25-2015 10:39 PM
    I can't speak for the XL, but I've used an unlocked Motorola Moto Maxx (international version of the Droid Turbo), and a Moto X 2014 on Cricket. At most you may have to add in the APN info, but other than that you should be good to go. Usually they'll help you set it up if need be.
    11-25-2015 10:48 PM
    I can't speak for the XL, but I've used an unlocked Motorola Moto Maxx (international version of the Droid Turbo), and a Moto X 2014 on Cricket. At most you may have to add in the APN info, but other than that you should be good to go. Usually they'll help you set it up if need be.
    Thanks, i asked about Cricket in another thread and know it will work form most other Lumia and GSM phones, just specifically looking at the 950 XL.

I will have to use a Gamestop store as the nearest Cricket store is 3 hours round trip from me.
    11-25-2015 10:52 PM
    I am using my XL on cricket, everything works fine out of the box (no need to edit APN or anything) except no Visual Voicemail! Anyone know how to get VVM working on a windows phone 10 device with cricket?
    11-25-2015 11:22 PM
    I am using my XL on cricket, everything works fine out of the box (no need to edit APN or anything) except no Visual Voicemail! Anyone know how to get VVM working on a windows phone 10 device with cricket?
    Awesome to hear! Can't wait for Saturday to transfer over the # and start really using the phone. Right now i have it all setup with my apps and settings ready to go lol.

Does Cricket offer WiFi calling like AT&T? Just wondering.

As far as the Visual Voicemail issue, it seems some of the AT&T guys had their phones provisioned by calling support and that worked. Not sure if they were already using a SIM they had or a new one but check a few of the threads here!
    11-25-2015 11:27 PM
    Does Cricket offer WiFi calling like AT&T? Just wondering.
    No but when recently asked about it on facebook they made it sound like it is coming next year. Keep in mind that isn't totally official but it might happen soon.
    11-25-2015 11:50 PM
    Awesome to hear! Can't wait for Saturday to transfer over the # and start really using the phone. Right now i have it all setup with my apps and settings ready to go lol.
    Update me please if your VVM works or not once you get activated.
    11-25-2015 11:52 PM
    Will do, won't be until at least the afternoon on Saturday.
    11-25-2015 11:54 PM
    I don't believe VVM will work unless the phone is running cricket firmware. I switched my 1520 over from AT&T and have just been using YouMail with the ISeeVM app. Not quite as seamless as the integrated VVM, but it works.
    RumoredNow and 920Walker like this.
    11-26-2015 09:18 AM
    4 lines on Cricket, just popped the sim of my 930 and slipped it in the 950xl, no issues. Do not care about visual voice mail <g>.
    11-26-2015 10:03 AM
    I don't believe VVM will work unless the phone is running cricket firmware. I switched my 1520 over from AT&T and have just been using YouMail with the ISeeVM app. Not quite as seamless as the integrated VVM, but it works.
    I'm on Cricket with 2 Factory Unlocked Windows Phones that I swap my SIM between.

I am a firm believer in YouMail + ISeeVM. I like how it transfers between phones, SIM cards, carriers and phone numbers easily. I get consistent mileage from it. I don't see myself ever going back to carrier VVM. I really dig how it greets my known contacts by name when they go to my voicemail. Freaks them out the first time. Advantage: you can retrieve, play and manage VVM on the web via browser as well as on the phone.

FWIW, you do need Cricket Firmware on a WP to get VVM from Cricket. For Android BYOD they have an App, not so for WP.

YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=zi-5ndfP
    920Walker and libra89 like this.
    11-28-2015 01:07 AM
    I got the 950 XL and switched from Verizon to Cricket. Very easy, no issues so far.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-28-2015 02:41 AM
    I'm on Cricket with 2 Factory Unlocked Windows Phones that I swap my SIM between.

I am a firm believer in YouMail + ISeeVM. I like how it transfers between phones, SIM cards, carriers and phone numbers easily. I get consistent mileage from it. I don't see myself ever going back to carrier VVM. I really dig how it greets my known contacts by name when they go to my voicemail. Freaks them out the first time. Advantage: you can retrieve, play and manage VVM on the web via browser as well as on the phone.

FWIW, you do need Cricket Firmware on a WP to get VVM from Cricket. For Android BYOD they have an App, not so for WP.

YouMail Automated Secretary | Replace Voicemail with an Automated Secretary to Manage Your Calls
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=e_nRk5fS
    Thanks for your feedback! No luck with VVM without carrier software so with Cricket no love it seems unless i go the 3rd party route you mentioned. You did say cricket firmware so i assume the 950 XL is a no go? Maybe i read that wrong.

I got the 950 XL and switched from Verizon to Cricket. Very easy, no issues so far.
    I switched from Verizon to Cricket yesterday.

Any issues with sending or receiving MMS messages while on WiFi to Verizon customers or anyone in general? I have come across the issue and found a weird fix on reddit but I still have issues receiving pictures from Verizon users. The normal MMS APN settings on Cricket support site won't work. Here is the link, sorry if i am not supposed to link to other forums.

https://pay.reddit.com/r/NoContract/..._wireless_mms/
    11-29-2015 02:03 PM
    No love using VVM as of now.
    11-29-2015 02:03 PM
    Does wireless hotspot/tethering work on cricket?
    11-29-2015 07:43 PM
    You need to pay extra for hotspot. I've not paid so I can't tell.
    RumoredNow and muddtt like this.
    11-29-2015 08:16 PM
    My unlocked 920 could tether without issue. My 950xl gives me an error saying I have to activate the feature on my account except my account page on the website won't let me add it - which according to their faq means my phone isn't eligible...

I might be calling them later this week to sort this out since I can't find any workaround to make it function right now (like you could do with the 920 using the Spanish keyboard download trick). If anyone here has found a method to get it to work your knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks
    muddtt likes this.
    12-07-2015 09:41 PM
    My 950xl is on cricket, no issues.
    12-07-2015 11:02 PM
    My unlocked 920 could tether without issue. My 950xl gives me an error saying I have to activate the feature on my account except my account page on the website won't let me add it - which according to their faq means my phone isn't eligible...

I might be calling them later this week to sort this out since I can't find any workaround to make it function right now (like you could do with the 920 using the Spanish keyboard download trick). If anyone here has found a method to get it to work your knowledge would be appreciated! Thanks
    Thanks, please keep us updated.
    12-09-2015 08:53 PM
    Small update for now, I found some info on the xda forums that led me to believe the system lock on tethering without your carriers permission can be removed by changing some registry values; seems the feature is built into the OS. Some people there claim to have done it, but not many people have tried it yet for w10m so it's not a sure thing.

I downloaded everything I need to attempt it and will probably give it a go tomorrow (Friday) evening after work. I'm a novice at this stuff so it'll be interesting regardless of how it turns out.

I'll update with results after I'm finished, and if successful will link to the method and resources I had to use. As this seems like my last resort before begging cricket to let me pay for the feature that'll probably be my next step... It's just not something I use all that often, so it irks me to pay extra for something I might use once every month or two.
    12-10-2015 12:36 PM
    no- that feature is disabled from cricket-- event hough it is available on your phone
    12-10-2015 09:31 PM

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=a0I0OovS
    I'm also liking Youmail and ISeeVM MUCH better than AT&T's VVM that I had with my 1020. I'd highly recommend this even for those that have regular VVM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-10-2015 10:10 PM
    Been using ISeeVM on my 950xl,love it so far.
    12-15-2015 05:57 PM
    Ok, that just removed my ONLY objection to Dual SIM. I now how BETTER than VVM with AT&T!
    Youmail with ISeeVM is wicked cool. Thanks guys!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-15-2015 09:14 PM