How to restore messages on 950 xl - Help!

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So I received my 950 xl yesterday and at first tried to restore from a backup. That caused some issues so I had to reset the phone and start over. I have got everything working, except for my text message history from showing. I tried the sync settings but I only received texts from 2012, when though it's only supposed to sync messages from last month on.
What is the proper way to do this? Any help is appreciated!

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Patience, if you had messages set to backup all you need to have done is login to your Microsoft account. Over the first day or so the old messages should fill in.

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Patience, if you had messages set to backup all you need to have done is login to your Microsoft account. Over the first day or so the old messages should fill in.

My messages are set to back up, and it's been almost 24 hours since I had the phone. Not a single message has been restored since the initial download of 2012 messages

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If you still have your old phone you can just move them via blue tooth...that's how I moved mine over from my Android Phone.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol I have this problem. It only downloaded messages from up to 2013! Nothing since then. Even my Whatsapp didnt restore any of my messages. Really annoyed.

k1trd

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem here, just restored till the end of 06-2013, any idea or solution is highly appreciated guys

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same here, and unfortunately, I think it's a server side bug that we can't do anything about. Here's my theory.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh2srtp

Download that app and set it up. If you notice, you're messages will start loading in the same manner the phone did. And if you're like me with hundreds of thousands of texts over the course of all of Windows Phone's life, you'll notice that these messages come in at seemingly randomly rates. The last month, last year, all time options do not work for me.

I, too, have a majority of my messages coming in from 2013. Sometimes when I receive a text from someone, this causes their proper history to load. But only sometimes.

I guess we just got to wait it out and hope that with time, MS can fix the server side of the Message backup system. Until then, maybe that app will do you some good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb