Cannot get free dock grrrr

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I tried again from the mail after I had logged into my Microsoft account. It had a redeem now button. I hit that to add it to my cart, applied the promo code, which made the amount due 0.00, went to check out, got this:

We're sorry but Microsoft Display Dock is currently unavailable. Please return to the Shopping Cart and remove the product to complete your order. We apologize for any inconvenience.

banker1985

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I too am having issues. Received the email at 3:30 eastern after I submitted the request first around 9pm last night. it repeatedly is out of stock. this looks really poor for Microsoft

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Just picked my XL up and when I go into the Lumia Offers app, it says there are no promotions available. Anyone else have the same? It can't bee that they're all redeemed right? If so, I'm going to flip on Microsoft seeing as how not all stores allowed preorders to be picked up early.
Yeah, I was able to pick mine up yesterday, redeemed the dock last night. I'm not gloating, BTW.

It would be unbelievably ****ty of Microsoft to have already run out of the free docks...seeing as how most phones didn't become "buy-able" until today (or tomorrow in some areas).

That's a crock of rotten turkey if they are already out...

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
got the same message email came in today now it says out of stock when you try to use the redeem method yet if you go in like a someone just trying to buy one the are in stock just not available to those who pre ordered and had to wait 24hrs for the email to finally show up just plain ole bull crap microsoft you bums freaking bums you are.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It's still in stock for those that want to pay but not for those with a promo code.

"PROMOTIONAL CODE MUST BE REDEEMED THROUGH THE ONLINE MICROSOFT STORE BY 02/29/2016 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST."

I am guessing they already ran out of supply for the free dock.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Must be a little mistake, it couldn't possibly be already out... they are still releasing the phone in other countries.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I got mine early afternoon. I refuse to believe ms would run it on the "official physical store release date".

Although I am extremely grateful to have the phone, I just say this entire launch was a joke compared to other brands. The only worse launch I've seen dear to my heart were several blackberry launches. Ugh still makes me sick.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's funny, I brought up how asinine this concept of getting the free dock through all of this crap, and people said I was being whiny and entitled. No, it was because doing this stuff screws your customers sideways and treats them like crap. There's no logical reason they couldn't just have them in-store and include them with the purchase.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I got my redeem code to work. I also entered it 1 hour after I got the phone, which was on Wednesday afternoon, so maybe I was fast enough to not get the out of stock error

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It took me from Wednesday night to mid day on Thursday to get my email with the link and code. It had gone out of stock before I got the email, but came back in stock by the time I ordered mine. It said it would take 4 to 6 weeks, though it shows you can order it again on the store this am with a December 16 ship date, so hopefully I will get it a lot sooner. It is glitchy and frustrating I agree, but hopefully everybody who buys one will get their dock. I was worried a lot myself until it all worked out.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It's funny, I brought up how asinine this concept of getting the free dock through all of this crap, and people said I was being whiny and entitled. No, it was because doing this stuff screws your customers sideways and treats them like crap. There's no logical reason they couldn't just have them in-store and include them with the purchase.

Actually, there is. If they are being given out in the store, then you know whether you will get one or not. If you have to jump through hoops later you don't and many at the end of the cycle will buy hoping to get one when they are no longer available. There area also a number of people who will never bother to jump through the hoops to get one so they end up making more sales than the number of available premiums.

<TED>

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I activated the phone on Wednesday night. On Thursday morning I downloaded the Lumia Deals app and requested an email. That email came late Thursday with the redeem code. By then, the redeem link indicated the item was sold out. Just now I tried it again, and was able to get in and redeem the code. The order status says 4 - 6 weeks for delivery.

cb950xl

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I had been trying for over a day and was getting out of stock message. I left it there and would go by the computer and it F5, it finally came up and I was able to get an order into the system!!!! I have gotten an email stating that they will let me know when it ships.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes