Microsd purchasing advice

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't decide between these two microsd cards (speed vs. extra storage). I plan on storing music, maps, camera pics(jpeg+dng)/vids (4k) and movies on the sd card. I will be storing apps and games on the internal phone storage. Will the 950 take advantage of the faster sd card?

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3312224

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i bought that exact same 64GB one earlier this month - waiting for the 950XL to arrive...
I have used the Sandisk cards with other phones - they are also reliable.

But as said earlier, best to go with the Lexar and it has the bonus reader also; fair price now also...

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Thanks I will be getting the U3 then.

Can anyone confirm recording 4k video on the sd card is working properly on U3 cards?

I'm not 100% sure. I have a Samsung U3 one in my XL now and it works fine. My last phone, 1520, complained about the card not being fast enough for 4k and wouldn't allow 4k at all (was a standard "cheap" Class 10 card...U1 I believe).

But when I posted about "not all Class 10 cards are fast enough for 4k" everyone got all huffy and insisted their cheap-o Class 10 U1 cards worked fine with 4k, so I don't know for sure.

Best to just spend on a quality card once and be assured it will be fast enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa