07-04-2016 07:10 PM
284 ... 101112
tools
    My battery on 950XL lasts more than an entire day. I am not really on my phone that much, but when I put it on the charger at night, it's between 30 and 60%. Usually I might make one 20 minute phone call, browse the internet for 45 minutes, text maybe 50 times. I also don't have the best service in my office, so that likely is a drain.
    06-27-2016 11:24 PM
    My battery is complete and total garbage.

Posted from my 950xl.........while on the can
    06-28-2016 08:23 AM
    My battery on 950XL lasts more than an entire day. I am not really on my phone that much, but when I put it on the charger at night, it's between 30 and 60%. Usually I might make one 20 minute phone call, browse the internet for 45 minutes, text maybe 50 times. I also don't have the best service in my office, so that likely is a drain.
    Yeah, this is similar to my "general" experience too. As long as I'm ultra-careful about what gets enabled, and/or what I install let run background, I'm okay. Some apps seem to grab background slices, even if I disable them completely.
    Viber is an example, I haven't used it for days (it's my occcasional WiFi call/text solution, I sort of gave up trying/making Google Voice work, it was maddeningly inconsistent, I'd almost swear Google did a platform check intentionally;-] ), but I'm still seeing battery drain from it, makes no sense, it's 100% background-disabled...
    Per your low-signal drain, I wish there were a SIM-disable shortcut, like cell data, it's a big hassle to disable it in low-no-signal areas, and re-enable it, the way it is now, and you're right, it drains like crazy in that scenario, unless you completely disable the SIM.
    06-28-2016 01:59 PM
    It's really up's and more downs lately in my experience. Some days I managed to end the days with 60-70% juice left but lately I barely managed to get by with a meager 12% remaining. Not sure if this is caused by Skype/Whatsapp but I get a feeling it really does affect battery life a lot. But I didn't seem to have this problem that bad on my M8 (rest in peace fella)
    06-29-2016 10:02 AM
    It's really up's and more downs lately in my experience. Some days I managed to end the days with 60-70% juice left but lately I barely managed to get by with a meager 12% remaining. Not sure if this is caused by Skype/Whatsapp but I get a feeling it really does affect battery life a lot. But I didn't seem to have this problem that bad on my M8 (rest in peace fella)
    For me, Skype video is a battery-killer (known issue, upvote it, I did once I realized it), I keep this disabled. If I get a Skype call and it re-enables itself, first thing I do is go back in and disable it. Irritating, but better than having a dead battery...
    I don't run Whatsapp, but it does seem to get a bad rap, battery-wise.
    Yeah, my wife's got my M8 now, and it runs W10m really well, and she very consistently has much better battery life than my 950XL, it's a bit discouraging, I'm hoping for great things with the anniversary build, overall. Better battery life, WiFi calling patched up, etc...
    06-29-2016 01:03 PM
    I've actually downgraded to production build just a moment ago. I still have WiFi dropping randomly sadly enough. However, the phone is a lot smoother compared to production build!

To be honest I think it also has to do with the 2K screen and SD810 processor... The cpu is notorious when it comes to heat and battery usage from what I read. But the 808 in my previous 950 also drained the phone, so I'm not really sure if its just the 950 family having issues.

I'm definitly going to look for another windows mobile once something else gets worthy enough, spec wise.
    06-29-2016 01:15 PM
    .456 appears to be awesome, in terms of fixing battery drain issues!
    I lost 6% last evening, over 7 hours (very light use, few functions, mostly on my PC), and only 4% overnight, at idle.
    I didn't use the phone much this AM, so it equated to 10%, for almost 15 hours of light use/sleep. I'm curious what today will bring, but it looks pretty darn good!
    I hope whatever got fixed is noted, carefully, and won't revert.
    06-30-2016 12:58 PM
    After deleting a few old 8.1 apps (silverlight) I noticed a dramatic increase in batterlife. Especially Nextgen Reader seemed to be a drain. I'm sitting on 99% after leaving it idle for 4 hours. Normally I would be at 86% by now
    07-03-2016 05:09 AM
    For me, Skype video is a battery-killer (known issue, upvote it, I did once I realized it), I keep this disabled. If I get a Skype call and it re-enables itself, first thing I do is go back in and disable it. Irritating, but better than having a dead battery...
    I don't run Whatsapp, but it does seem to get a bad rap, battery-wise.
    Yeah, my wife's got my M8 now, and it runs W10m really well, and she very consistently has much better battery life than my 950XL, it's a bit discouraging, I'm hoping for great things with the anniversary build, overall. Better battery life, WiFi calling patched up, etc...
    Its not simply Skype and Whatsapp, I find that Telegram too is a battery drain and as someone has pointed out here, so is NextGen Reader, which is a real shame.
    07-04-2016 07:10 PM
284 ... 101112