How is your 950Xl battery doing?

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine was so bad, it was one of the dozen reasons I returned it (see also: build quality, stability, screen color issues, heat issues, mobile hotspot issues, Bluetooth issues, etc..) ... and I had it for five days, and I did the whole "pray and your battery will get better if you kill it and charge it 10 times" deal some people believe in (that never ever works) ... the battery on the 950XL is pathetic for its rated 3320MaH.

Microsoft is in for a LOT of returns if the forums are to believed. I have not seen one positive trending post on the phone. And while people are more apt to ***** about a problem then praise a solution, this phone goes well beyond that.

Sticking with the 1520 w/ Win 10 til spring at least; 24+ hours battery, nice looking huge screen, great camera. And stable.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
3 hours since taking it off the charger, 82% battery left with moderate use. Battery says I have an estimated 1 day and 5 hours of battery left. We'll see how accurate that is.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I read that Windows hello may be the culprit.

Mine is doing terrible. I got it wednesday and let it restore all my settings, messages, etc. Charged it overnight to 100%. Unplugged it at about 9 am Yesterday and by noon I was critical. Even tried enabling Battery Saver at around 50%. Considering doing a hard reset as 4-5 hours of battery life with very little usage seems wrong even for a new phone.

Paolo Cardelli

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Very good battery life for me.

With:

• Cortana On
  • Hey Cortana OFF
  • Bluetooth OFF
  • Glance Screen On
  • Push Outlook Mail
  • 100% Max Brightness
  • Whatsapp/SMS+Skype+Video On and Push
  • Windows Hello On
  • Most of Backgrounds App left enabled
  • Moderate-Heavy daily usage (Playing music, shooting photos, browsing with Edge, messaging, sending Mail, receiving Push Notifications, 30+ minutes calling)

My 950 XL lasts full day, from 7:00 am to Midnight, with approximately 10-15% battery left.
Pretty amazing considering the configuration and usage above.
My 920, with same usage, always died around 5pm :angel:

Last edited:

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Good battery life for me.

Easily getting 16-18 hours with 20% left as I put it on the charger.

Trick for me was disabling Windows Hello, Hey Cortana, and glance screen (actually I've never used glance screen even on my 1520).

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
3 hours since taking it off the charger, 82% battery left with moderate use. Battery says I have an estimated 1 day and 5 hours of battery left. We'll see how accurate that is.

Are you me? I'm at exactly 82% as well right now, 3h taking it off the charger. :)

coderewind

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I am not convinced with the battery life so far either. Specially at the rate at which is drains the battery in idle mode compared to other phones/platforms. OS definitely needs a performance update.

jadani11

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My battery was very bad between 5 and 8 hours with normal to heavy use so something was very wrong and I tried to install the app from my provider (Mobistar) but it wouldn't install.
I did the setup without simcard so that was maybe the big problem with the app and my short battery life.
I did a factory reset with the simcard in the phone and I could install the app again, my battery life is ok now 9 hours of heavy use and after 16 hours I still have 10% 😁
I hope it will help some people with this Problem 😊

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Update 2: Since allowing the battery to go to 0%, battery life appears to have improved. Since taking it off the charger over 4 hours ago with very light use, battery is at 93%. I also turned Windows Hello back on after removing from charge.

Previously, the battery lost 10% per hour and the battery app showed any from 4-8% discharging rate (just sitting idle). Now its showing less than 2%.

Check out the slopes before and after.
View attachment 117975

Update 3:11hours off the charger and at 73% with light usage(emails, WC App, edging), no games, hello on)
wp_ss_20151201_0002.jpg

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Just hit 50%, 7 hours and 43 minutes after taking it off the charger this morning. Have played a game, texted and surfed during the day and taken a dozen or so pictures. I'd say moderate use. I'm pretty happy with this! And it's only the first day! If things get better, wow! I did let the phone completely die last night and plugged it into its charger overnight.

Have had Hey Cortana, Hello, Bluetooth and Wifi on all day. Screen brightness on auto.

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
94% took it off the charger 5 hours ago. been texting and browsing stuff. not too bad! lol. hello and hey cortana off, emails set at 1 hour

FastDave

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Took mine off the charger at 6:30 this morning. By 8:00 I was down to 80%. It's now 1:00 and I'm down to 40%. I have done nothing but a little surfing and checking email. No videos. No music. Haven't even talked on it. I have only been letting it drain to 10% each cycle. I'll take it all the way to 0% and turn off Hello and see how that does and report back.

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys - disable messaging backup in Messaging + Skype. It is completely broken and will drain your battery like crazy. After doing this I went from -15%+ per hour down to -7% and hour. Still not great, but I can get through a day now. The OS is not finished, its **** we have to deal with this, but I highly doubt it is a hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo