How is your 950Xl battery doing?

Kha Bui

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
As I experience the phone for two days , battery doesnt last long enough.It could be the OS consumes too much battery. My 2-year old lumia 1520 has almost twice time better battery life than 950xl

treyman33

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
It takes several battery cycles for the battery to get up to full speed. Your 1520 was probably the same way back when you first got it. After a half dozen full to almost empty (10-20%) cycles, your battery should last like the one in your 1520.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
It has been OK for me today.

I have had it off charge for about 5 hours this morning. Only down to 84% which is acceptable. I have been connected to Wifi, browsed the web, email, send some text. Was outside for a bit snapping 10-20 photos of the snow. Cant really complain for first day. Usually my devices have atrocious battery Day 1

Kha Bui

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
It takes several battery cycles for the battery to get up to full speed. Your 1520 was probably the same way back when you first got it. After a half dozen full to almost empty (10-20%) cycles, your battery should last like the one in your 1520.

I will spend few weeks with it. If it is this bad, I will return it :(

joeonsunset

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Really terrible right now, as was the 950 (non XL) I had for two days before it. Still, I'll give it a chance to settle in and for OS updates to come around.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
How bad is "this bad"? Mine seems fine after the first days app update blitz, it takes a lot of juice to download and write gigabytes of apps.

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine is at 56% (unplugged at 7:30 AM ET), and have been texting/showing off the Iris scanner most of the day to my family. I'd say once the battery breaks in this thing will be a champ. Phone got hot during initial setup but not since as well.

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Absolute garbage. I think it is a wp10 thing not the phone. On my 1520.3 with the latest wp build and it gets terrible battery life also. Less than 12 hours on each device running the latest builds. On wp8.1 I was getting minimum 24 hours on my 1520 which is what I would expect to get from this monster of a battery on the 950xl... very disappointing and if not fixed in next 30 days will return.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine's pretty bad. First full day with it today and had to recharge half way through the day charged fully last night, store 15% in 7 hours overnight doting on counter. I have everything running in background turned off too. It just be the os version. No way in the world this battery capacity only nets half a days use. Eagerly waiting updates.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Initially not very impressed. But after I did a full charge and restarted the phone after a lot of installing, it's doing much better now. I do have everything on including bluetooth connected to my band 2 and also my car system when i drive, so I don't expect the battery life to be all that amazing anyway. Definitely MILES better than my L920 at this point.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Please do not compare the battery life to the 1520. The specs prove the battery life is worse. Stop being dramatic and comparing apples to bananas. Different phone. Different battery. Different hardware. Different screen. OH and different usage. I bet y'all aren't taking into account it's a new toy and YOU ARE IN FACT using it more than your old phone.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually its okay if people say its bad...nothing wrong with speaking the truth. I doesn't mean they don't like the phone. I can say it's bad...which I have, but does bad mean it wont get me though a normal day...no. It's still bad though and I can live with that.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with others, that you should wait a few days to make a decision. Mine went down very fast the first day, but it had a ton of apps to install. It has gotten better since then.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
It's way too soon to say anything about battery life with any certainty.

My anecdotal experience has been great though. I took it off the charger at 9AM yesterday (Thursday) and it's still at 61% this morning.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm hard to say. It seems to be on par with my 1020, but definitely better than 920. I've been playing with the xl so that's another factor. Drain is about 12%/hr.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Non-stop usage yesterday including GPS net me about 9 hrs to 15% battery. Included was letting my cousin's kids draw on it for about an hour.

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
It's way too soon to say anything about battery life with any certainty.

My anecdotal experience has been great though. I took it off the charger at 9AM yesterday (Thursday) and it's still at 61% this morning.

Do you have windows hello on/off? With it off my phone seems to sip battery more like a mother of 4, whereas with it on it is comparable to a sorority girl on a Thursday night.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Please do not compare the battery life to the 1520. The specs prove the battery life is worse. Stop being dramatic and comparing apples to bananas. Different phone. Different battery. Different hardware. Different screen. OH and different usage. I bet y'all aren't taking into account it's a new toy and YOU ARE IN FACT using it more than your old phone.

I think literally every new smartphone has a "my battery life is bad" thread less than 24 hours after the phone is released. Alternatively, I do not recall ever seeing an "OMG the battery life is amaaaaazing" thread in my life for any phone whether it is Android or iOS. Maybe the Turbo though, which it should, lol.

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I think literally every new smartphone has a "my battery life is bad" thread less than 24 hours after the phone is released. Alternatively, I do not recall ever seeing an "OMG the battery life is amaaaaazing" thread in my life for any phone whether it is Android or iOS. Maybe the Turbo though, which it should, lol.

Mine has really calmed down today. Been off the charger for 4 hours and have 91% battery remaining.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3