HD Voice on AT&T?

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Which provider?
I'm on T-Mobile now, no VVM anymore (I had this working in AT&T) I switched, hoping to get WIFI calling and VoLTE, very soon. Often in an area on weekends where I have great WiFi, but no cell, so WiFi calling is key to my usage, in the long run.

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I just tried this on my at&t 950. the item isnt on my settings page. I wonder if its because im on redstone.

edit: got a pop up saying my phone needed to restart to fix carrier settings.

after the restart it was there again. So this remove sim trick seems to be the fix!wp_ss_20160603_0001.jpg

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tried this on my at&t 950. the item isnt on my settings page. I wonder if its because im on redstone.

edit: got a pop up saying my phone needed to restart to fix carrier settings.

after the restart it was there again. So this remove sim trick seems to be the fix!

I'm so jealous/annoyed. As a 950XL user on AT&T, I don't get how they get away with offering this to some customers, and not others, solely based on how/where the phone was purchased.
Imagine a scenario where if an ISP didn't sell you their PC/Router/Switch/etc., they would only let you access certain "features" on their service. I'm almost positive this would lead to some sort of legal action, but who knows.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I'm using, most of the time, thanks!

I actually get better (more consistent, faster) LTE if I use "phone", instead of "nxtgenphone", not sure why that is exactly, keep meaning to ask around the AT&T forums. It's pretty reproduceable, I can get 2-3 times speeds (RSSI and similar appear about the same however) with that settings.
Neither one gives me the Advanced LTE screen you have with your 950 though, that's a provisioning thing, I'm about 99% sure anyway, and AT&T seems to be holding out til who-knows-when, to fully-feature BYOD phones.

It's an interesting thread, but I've had 75mbps LTE since I set up my phone in early February, at least in the greater Seattle metro area, I've never had a problem with LTE.
I'm actually not that bitter about HDVoice, since it's not really true VoLTE anyway, but I suspect they'll provision WiFi calling, which I could really use on the weekends, then I'll be very annoyed ;-]
I finally managed to get a GoogleVoice number though, local, and if I run their page background (slight battery hit), I can get calls via WiFi that way, Forwarded, seamlessly. Also get texts, sort of seamlessly (okay, so so not as good on the texts, I have to use their page, but it works via WiFi and my AT&T number).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss