Send via Skype not an Option in Messaging App

Hmoll1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
On my L930 (10586), I was able to go to the Messaging app and send a text to someone via Skype. That is, at the top right, there was a drop-down to select "SIM" or "Skype".

Now, it just says "SIM Text" and "No SIM", which I'm guessing means the missing SIM 2.

Is this another Dual-SIM thing (like VMM appears to not work with Dual-SIM phones) or am I doing sing wrong?

banker1985

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It's like Skype doesn't exist. I see Skype as an option in my People app but can't even see that the actually are linked. For instance, my wife shows as having a Skype contact in People but there is no Skype information there.

Twisticles

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, I am in the same boat.

Combined Message + Skype works fine on my 930 or 1520 running .63

However, not so much on the 950XL DS. In fact, it sees my mother's skype name but doesn't associate it with her linked contacts - she is "Unknown Contact". When she sends a Skype message it arrives in my Messaging app, but the option to reply is only SIM1 or SIM1, doesn't give me the Skype option at all - and of course, I can't send it because you can't SMS a Skype contact.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have skype option on my 950xl for applicable contacts... but I added a new one that is a skype for business user and I can't get it to show up the skype option.......

definite work in progress sigh.... it probably works no problem for completely brand new users but those of us with established lists over the years going through various transitions probably all messed up

Twisticles

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
OK so after much fiddling and surfing I now have options for SIM1, SIM2 and SKYPE in Messaging app.

In the Messaging app, I went in to Settings (...) > Skype Settings > Sign Out. Then I signed back in again. I added, by Skype username, my mother (who was not previously recognised or linked in contacts) and in doing so it gave me the "invite to skype" option dialogue. I clicked Yes. She never got the invite, but she DID appear in my contacts list again, and from then on I can send skype messages also in messaging app.

Go figure. Not bad for a SG$1000 phone...

Ivan Eftimov

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue as Twisticles on my 950 (build .36) and I got it fixed by opening the "Add friends on Skype" dialog, then pressing the search button and searching for some random text. I never really added any new contacts but I'm guessing I triggered a manual sync with my skype contacts :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon