So I know every forum on here says that the Education discount applies to the phone but when I went into the store to pick-up my L950XL last night, they told me that the Education Discount does not apply to the phone.

Did anyone else run into this?
    11-27-2015 10:10 AM
    Westfield Valley Fair San Jose said same thing when I bought my XL
    11-27-2015 10:12 AM
    worked for me but online.....not sure about in-store. Kind of strange that they would not honor.
    11-27-2015 10:17 AM
    Metairie,LA sales people said the same thing. I complained to everyone at the store and finally got the manager, who said, yes, of course it applies. Unfortunately none of these sales people are trained properly. MS stores are a joke. HORRIBLE customer service....they have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. Either way, the mgr gave me the educational discount and I didnt even have to show an email or id.... :-)
    11-27-2015 01:17 PM
    Well most adults exploit the easy to fool education system discount, so it's no mystery that Microsoft is making it difficult to redeem said discount.
    11-27-2015 01:30 PM
    Milwaukee store said the same thing initially. I was very nice with them and told them that Microsoft online is accepting student discount. They immediately applied discount.
    11-27-2015 01:43 PM
    So I know every forum on here says that the Education discount applies to the phone but when I went into the store to pick-up my L950XL last night, they told me that the Education Discount does not apply to the phone.

Did anyone else run into this?
    That's what I was told over the phone on Wednesday by the local store manager.
    11-27-2015 01:50 PM
    I bought 950 XL from Microsoft Store online and received my education discount (I'm a teacher).
    11-27-2015 01:54 PM
    I received my student discount online, with tax i paid $632. I would suggest a screenshot or bringing the mobile version up when you go to purchase in-store. This way you can prove to the store that it is offered and they should honor it.

Those that already purchased I would contact support, $64 is a good chunk of change to get back!
    11-27-2015 02:04 PM
    Like you I was told in the store the other night that the education discount wasn't available on the phones. I told him it was online for parents of students and he asked his manager. Since the phone wasn't there it was no big deal. I still haven't pulled the trigger but now I want the VVM and probably can't buy the MS version anyway so... Sitting here staring at my M8 with latest build.. :) Here's a screen shot made into a .jpg for you of the online store offering it to me.. Bring a picture with you...

educationlumia.jpg

MG
    11-27-2015 05:23 PM
    Same thing here. I had the rep pull up the Microsoft website and pointed it out. She stated that there was no way for her to apply it, so she gave me her Microsoft employee discount.
    11-28-2015 07:23 PM
    Same thing here. I had the rep pull up the Microsoft website and pointed it out. She stated that there was no way for her to apply it, so she gave me her Microsoft employee discount.

That's weird, they can just manually override the price if they wanted to. Like I just "repurchased" (returned then bought the device with discount override) my 950XL. I just showed them a screenshot of the 950XL with the discounted price, and they agreed to refund me. Pretty much hassle free. They're just surprised that the discount doesn't apply in physical stores.
    12-02-2015 05:56 PM
    What type of proof is needed for ON-LINE purchases? I understand buying in-store may require showing the Sales Rep a valid Student ID or a .edu email, but online, how shall I prove that I'm a student?
    12-02-2015 06:03 PM
    I ordered mine online and got the discount.
    12-02-2015 06:13 PM
    It wasn't available as a valid option at the physical store I went to, but the shift manager told the rep to just do an item percentage reduction. Same thing happened when I asked about using the Insider 20% on a new Xbox One back in July.
    12-02-2015 06:16 PM
    I received my edu discount ordering onlline
    12-02-2015 06:17 PM
    What did you have to provide to show proof to get the edu discount?
    12-02-2015 07:15 PM
    My school email is all that was needed, although I do have a MSDN account through the university as well.
    12-02-2015 07:44 PM
    I specifically asked for it in store, but the person selling me the phone told me it was only applicable if you bought it online..
    12-02-2015 08:21 PM
    Because k-12 schools usually don't have .edu email addresses I had to provide other proof. IIRC, they said that a copy of my contract, pay stub, or similar would work. I sent them a picture of my staff ID and finally received the discount. I do have to log into the education store before placing an order.
    12-02-2015 09:24 PM
    Metairie,LA sales people said the same thing. I complained to everyone at the store and finally got the manager, who said, yes, of course it applies. Unfortunately none of these sales people are trained properly. MS stores are a joke. HORRIBLE customer service....they have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. Either way, the mgr gave me the educational discount and I didnt even have to show an email or id.... :-)
    I was told the same ,but at the time I didn't have anything to say otherwise. I'll have to go back to get my discount.
    12-02-2015 10:55 PM
    Went to the same one at Lakeside Mall. I asked the sale rep. about the discount and he said OK..but when he brought up the phone and told me that the discount was only apply for computers and other stuff but not the phone.
    12-03-2015 05:53 PM