01-31-2016 05:05 PM
49 12
tools
    This is the number I called. 1-877-696-7786. They placed my no-charge order for me.
    That is the number I called and got the run-around for over an hour and a half as no one wanted to help me there. Chat said they could help me if I had the generated code but that was my problem I cannot get the email to generate. Windows phone support on a later call last night acknowledged there is an issue with the Lumia Offers app in generating the emails.
    12-01-2015 11:08 AM
    Unfortunately it's hit and miss with them. The lady I talked to was very helpful. I explained the app was getting stuck at the email point and she just handled everything on her end. I got a receipt for the order showing zero cost.
    12-01-2015 11:16 AM
    Unfortunately it's hit and miss with them. The lady I talked to was very helpful. I explained the app was getting stuck at the email point and she just handled everything on her end. I got a receipt for the order showing zero cost.
    What did you select on the call tree for a department?
    12-01-2015 10:51 PM
    12-01-2015 11:19 PM
    Is the offer location dependent? i.e. not in UK but is in Germany...or wherever?
    12-02-2015 04:03 PM
    Ok, got an email that they can't give me a code but to wait until the problem is solved...

Bummer...
    12-07-2015 07:16 AM
    Have u tried going to that url in on your lumia 950? (using edge)
    Had the same issue -> OOB, lumia offers installed (didn't have sim & tinkered a lot)
    Did hard reset, to start fresh-> no offers....
    Now installing the app through the store (i'm also from belgium)
    12-14-2015 02:47 PM
    Just got the mail with the code and ordered the dock... Let's hope the 10-12 weeks delivery is wrong :)
    12-17-2015 12:15 PM
    I also have the Lumia Offers app pre installed, bought mine (dual sim) at Amazon in France, but am living/using it in Germany. The Lumia Offers app is empty thou, there are no offers in it.
    12-18-2015 02:39 PM
    Preordered it from Amazon UK a month ago, I'm in Romania. Just received it yesterday, restored my Lumia backup, no offers app. Installed it manually, doesn't find any offers.

The funny thing is I chatted with Microsoft store UK before pre-ordering and they said I would still qualify for the offer even if I'm not a UK resident if I buy from UK. So, not sure how to qualify this mess. False advertising? Incompetence?

Was it that hard to just ship the preordered phones with the dock to prevent this nightmare? Well, that's Microsoft. Every step forward has to be accompanied by shooting themselves in the foot. Repeatedly.
    12-19-2015 06:58 AM
    The Offers app is not available in all countries, because the offer is not available in all countries. But if you buy the phone in a country that is, you'll need a sim card from that country to get the offer. I'm form Slovenia and I had to get a Italian sim for my Italian bought phone and use a VPN to finally complete the order :D. GJ M$!
    12-19-2015 09:37 AM
    I also got my Code now :) Had to manually check for Updates in the Store, then it installed like 30 or so, including an Update for Lumia Offers...

I'm using a french Lumia 950XL Dual Sim with German SIM (950XL Dual Sim is not sold in Germany, thats why i got one from France, supposedly they have the free dock there too). Ordered my Dock today via my PC and the Code from the E-mail :)
    12-19-2015 10:14 AM
    Could you tell me about your regional and language setting, because I don't seem to be able to get the code whatever I do.
    12-20-2015 02:44 PM
    Preordered it from Amazon UK a month ago, I'm in Romania. Just received it yesterday, restored my Lumia backup, no offers app. Installed it manually, doesn't find any offers.

The funny thing is I chatted with Microsoft store UK before pre-ordering and they said I would still qualify for the offer even if I'm not a UK resident if I buy from UK. So, not sure how to qualify this mess. False advertising? Incompetence?

Was it that hard to just ship the preordered phones with the dock to prevent this nightmare? Well, that's Microsoft. Every step forward has to be accompanied by shooting themselves in the foot. Repeatedly.
    You most likely need a UK, German, French etc. (where etc. stands for a country where the MS Store offers the promotion) SIM to be able to redeem the code through Lumia Offers. Otherwise keep pushing support from the place you bought it. No other choice.
    12-20-2015 03:27 PM
    Could you tell me about your regional and language setting, because I don't seem to be able to get the code whatever I do.
    Most likely it's not the regional and language settings, it's the SIM origin that matters. Penecho used English language with a German SIM while the phone was bought from MS France.
    12-20-2015 03:29 PM
    The Offers app is not available in all countries, because the offer is not available in all countries. But if you buy the phone in a country that is, you'll need a sim card from that country to get the offer. I'm form Slovenia and I had to get a Italian sim for my Italian bought phone and use a VPN to finally complete the order :D. GJ M$!
    Listen to this man, he understood the issue. It's not that restrictive though, it will work with a SIM from whatever county where MS Store has the promotion - so in your case a German, French, US, UK SIM would've worked just as well.
    12-20-2015 03:36 PM
    Region United States, Regional format German, Language: English (United States). Like Gecos said, it seems to be taken from the SIM... Bought mine at Amazon in France, using it in Germany with a German SIM.

I have to say, first I used Region: Germany I think, I only swithced to US coz the speech download would not work so I thought it may be an issue with the region. Lumia offers app was in german too, even after I switched to US...

Maybe it takes what you select when setting up the phone for the first time? Hard reset --> region that you know has the offer for the free dock... Maybe worth a try if your desperate
    12-20-2015 04:36 PM
    Got a call from a Microsoft rep stating that delivery will be for mid or end of January
    12-23-2015 10:49 AM
    I know I'm a bit late to the party, but was this offer also meant to be for the Lumia 950?
    I bought a Lumia 950 for my girlfiend, and the XL for myself. The XL had the Lumia offers app, and I ordered the Continuum, but my girlfiend's 950 didn't come with the app.
    I tried the link on her phone, but it didn't work, I also can't find the app in the Microsoft Store.
    01-06-2016 06:37 AM
    No, it's only for the XL
    01-06-2016 02:16 PM
    I found the direct link to the App itself.. I downloaded and ran it and got my dock on its way..

Now one thing I found hilarious. In IE Edge, I couldn't hit the install the link button.

BUT in the UC Browser I could and it ran from there fine. SO.. try installing the UC browser and then go to this link..

aka <dot> ms <slash> lumiaoffersapp ( apparently I do not have the ability to post links.. )

Cant speak for our international friends... But for me in the US it worked.

I also bought my phone via Expansys ( I wouldnt recommend them.. phone has no warranty.. and you have to install and do the factory recover to get it to work right. As it was a Hong Kong version and NOT the international or Unlocked US version )
    01-08-2016 08:30 AM
    so delivery got postponed a bit more to end of february, beginning of march :(
    01-22-2016 07:53 AM
    So, it seems I will not get the display dock, even though I bought my device in an eligible country fair and square. Thanks a bunch MS.
    01-31-2016 03:21 PM
    I too got the phone on Expansys (Canada). Applied for the dock and it was accepted. However the MS store tried to charge me. I called support and was asked where I had got the phone from. I told them it had been the Expansys on-line retailer they cleared the charge. Expecting the dock in March.
    01-31-2016 05:05 PM
49 12