Lumia Offers app missing

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This for a lack of a better term the biggest cluster 4 letter word I have ever dealt with. I call microsoft store initially, they tell me I need to talk to the windows phone tech support people, I talk to them and they say I need to talk to microsoft store tech support. I call MStore tech support and get transferred to the surface help desk when I chose other device in the call tree, he doesn't listen to a word I say when I explain why I am calling and tries to sell me a surface, after I said no I need help with this offer he then transfers me to a girl who again cant help me as she is support for windows like the OS, she transfers me to another department who guess what again cannot help me and transfers me to business office support who cannot help me and tells me I need to call windows phone support. I can get the lumia offers app to the screen where you verify your address but no further.

P.S sorry for the run on but I am so furious right now.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
just called MS Store support and they say (in Belgium at least) there is a problem with the emails not being sent but that they are aware of the problem and looking into it.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
even better stuff... got in touch with the MSFT Belgium store chat support and after sending an invoice, they are going to get me my promo code to order the dock :)

Good stuff :)

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This is the number I called. 1-877-696-7786. They placed my no-charge order for me.

That is the number I called and got the run-around for over an hour and a half as no one wanted to help me there. Chat said they could help me if I had the generated code but that was my problem I cannot get the email to generate. Windows phone support on a later call last night acknowledged there is an issue with the Lumia Offers app in generating the emails.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it's hit and miss with them. The lady I talked to was very helpful. I explained the app was getting stuck at the email point and she just handled everything on her end. I got a receipt for the order showing zero cost.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately it's hit and miss with them. The lady I talked to was very helpful. I explained the app was getting stuck at the email point and she just handled everything on her end. I got a receipt for the order showing zero cost.

What did you select on the call tree for a department?

KamiForce

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Have u tried going to that url in on your lumia 950? (using edge)
Had the same issue -> OOB, lumia offers installed (didn't have sim & tinkered a lot)
Did hard reset, to start fresh-> no offers....
Now installing the app through the store (i'm also from belgium)

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I also have the Lumia Offers app pre installed, bought mine (dual sim) at Amazon in France, but am living/using it in Germany. The Lumia Offers app is empty thou, there are no offers in it.

Vlad C

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Preordered it from Amazon UK a month ago, I'm in Romania. Just received it yesterday, restored my Lumia backup, no offers app. Installed it manually, doesn't find any offers.

The funny thing is I chatted with Microsoft store UK before pre-ordering and they said I would still qualify for the offer even if I'm not a UK resident if I buy from UK. So, not sure how to qualify this mess. False advertising? Incompetence?

Was it that hard to just ship the preordered phones with the dock to prevent this nightmare? Well, that's Microsoft. Every step forward has to be accompanied by shooting themselves in the foot. Repeatedly.

Peter Grilj

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
The Offers app is not available in all countries, because the offer is not available in all countries. But if you buy the phone in a country that is, you'll need a sim card from that country to get the offer. I'm form Slovenia and I had to get a Italian sim for my Italian bought phone and use a VPN to finally complete the order :D. GJ M$!

Penecho

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I also got my Code now :) Had to manually check for Updates in the Store, then it installed like 30 or so, including an Update for Lumia Offers...

I'm using a french Lumia 950XL Dual Sim with German SIM (950XL Dual Sim is not sold in Germany, thats why i got one from France, supposedly they have the free dock there too). Ordered my Dock today via my PC and the Code from the E-mail :)

Corvodin

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Could you tell me about your regional and language setting, because I don't seem to be able to get the code whatever I do.

Gecos

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Preordered it from Amazon UK a month ago, I'm in Romania. Just received it yesterday, restored my Lumia backup, no offers app. Installed it manually, doesn't find any offers.

The funny thing is I chatted with Microsoft store UK before pre-ordering and they said I would still qualify for the offer even if I'm not a UK resident if I buy from UK. So, not sure how to qualify this mess. False advertising? Incompetence?

Was it that hard to just ship the preordered phones with the dock to prevent this nightmare? Well, that's Microsoft. Every step forward has to be accompanied by shooting themselves in the foot. Repeatedly.

You most likely need a UK, German, French etc. (where etc. stands for a country where the MS Store offers the promotion) SIM to be able to redeem the code through Lumia Offers. Otherwise keep pushing support from the place you bought it. No other choice.

Gecos

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Could you tell me about your regional and language setting, because I don't seem to be able to get the code whatever I do.

Most likely it's not the regional and language settings, it's the SIM origin that matters. Penecho used English language with a German SIM while the phone was bought from MS France.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12