Charger problem or software bug?

valel46

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and I've just received my 950 XL today.

I've discovered a problem or bug related to the charger/charging. With the charger unplugged from the wall or power outlet, if you plug the USB Type-C connector to the phone, it will make the charging sound as if it's started charging, and the charging icon also appears. The status will disappear after 5-10 seconds, but if you keep leaving the charging cable plugged to the phone, after another 5-10 seconds it will make the charging sound again. The charger is completely unplugged from the wall. I tried checking this with the data cable that came with the phone, it doesn't have the same problem.

Can anyone else try this? I'm not sure if this is a problem with the charger, or it's only a software bug that can be fixed with future updates.

valel46

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me and try plugging in the charging cable (the one permanently attached to the charger) with the actual charger unplugged from the power outlet? For some reason my 950 XL will still make the charging sound and status with just the charging cable being plugged.

Thanks in advance.

:sweaty:

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
The charging adapter may have some residual power left inside capacitors. Enough to trigger the phone's charging circuit. Does it happen more than once?

akashtupkari

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and I've just received my 950 XL today.

I've discovered a problem or bug related to the charger/charging. With the charger unplugged from the wall or power outlet, if you plug the USB Type-C connector to the phone, it will make the charging sound as if it's started charging, and the charging icon also appears. The status will disappear after 5-10 seconds, but if you keep leaving the charging cable plugged to the phone, after another 5-10 seconds it will make the charging sound again. The charger is completely unplugged from the wall. I tried checking this with the data cable that came with the phone, it doesn't have the same problem.

Can anyone else try this? I'm not sure if this is a problem with the charger, or it's only a software bug that can be fixed with future updates.

Same problem here too....
Is your problem fixed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon