Device Verification Error in Lumia Offers App

Rezzee

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have my Lumia 950 XL all set up and ready to go, so I figured I'd take advantage of the Lumia Offers app to get my dock. The app boots up fine, and then when you tap "Continue" at the bottom, it loads for a moment then presents the following screen:

X4cWexS.jpg

I have tried the following:

• Updated the "Lumia Offers" app in the store
  • Soft reset the phone (Volume down + power)

I am signed into my Microsoft account, I can access my email, OneDrive, and Microsoft Office services under this account. I'm not sure what the phone is looking for.

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I do a full reset on the phone? I just spent two hours getting everything updated, accounts linked and my Band 2 synced up. I'd hate to have to re-do all of that if there is another work around.

Thanks!

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same exact issue here. Anybody find a way to address it?

I don't want to hard reset my phone, I apparently learned I have over 350 apps installed over the years of Windows Phone, and it took a ridiculous amount of time to restore my backup :(

Kaenon11

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here!!!
Was on with tech support but wasn't able to get an answer or a solution to the problem. Really annoying.

Rezzee

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead this morning and sacrificed the three hours I spent setting up the phone last night to do a hard reset.

After performing the hard reset and updating the Lumia Offers app once again, it finally worked. Now I'm waiting on an email, which has yet to show up with a promo code to order the dock. This whole process seems a bit involved, I wonder why we couldn't just do a web redemption with the IMEI number like we did with the Xbox HTC M8 case offer...?

As a side effect, my Microsoft Band 2 no longer works with the phone. It successfully pairs, gets through set up, and then throws a connection error message. Very frustrating, but that is a different issue altogether.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue, hard reset and restored from backup. App has now gone. This is ridiculous!

How has going with you? DId you manage to get the app working again? I'm having the same problem too.

Edited: Never mind. I did a hard reset and reinstalled the app from a link somewhere

Last edited:

sarinkaxd

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. After hard reset the application Lumia Offers isn't in phone and I cannot download it, becuase it writes "Cannot download due to company policies."

Last edited:

Jimmie Lee

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I went and manually hit update on my phone. I'm not sure if an actual update happened, because I hit update and put my phone down to go do something else. When I came back, I tried the Lumia Offers, again, and it worked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett