Emails not showing embedded images

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Using the Outlook app, all three of my accounts (Outlook, Gmail, Office365 work email) aren't showing any embedded images...instead, it shows an error in place of each picture (box with an x in it, with an error message). This happens even if I set the setting to automatically download pictures.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I'm hoping I'm missing something simple to get this to work.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh, and if this helps narrow down the issue...images show up if I check Outlook.com in the edge browser, as well as on the Outlook email app on my Surface Pro (Windows 10).

mwgeek

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Me as well, it's all over the feedback app as well, make sure you chime in there, I have @Lumiahelps looking into it as well, they said they'd get back to me

robert109

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I got the same problem the day I got my phone.
Here's my solution. Just reset the phone and everything works well. I mean you can grab all the images in you emails then. Hope it can be helpful.

snoopy1492

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem when I first set up the phone (without restoring any data).
After a hard reset (settings->system->about->bottom of the page), and doing everything as I did the first time, it's working. Why? I have no clue.
Know if I could find why the hell it doesn't automatically sync my mail... But that's a question for another place ;)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When you say "reset" do you mean hard or soft?
FWIW, I tried the power+vol down reboot, and it didn't fix it for me. Previously I restored from L1520 backup. I hope a Mail app update will address this, because I don't want to set up the entire tile layout all over again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6