Anyone using Nokia Qi DT-910 with their 950XL??

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've read some posts here that their 950XL won't charge using the Nokia Qi DT-910 wireless charger?? I'm quite concerned since I already purchased it while waiting for my 950XL to arrive :(

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work with mine along with my recently purchased CR-200 :angry:. Luckily I have a couple of DT-903's it works with.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know it's not quite the same model, but my 950 works with the older DT-900 charging plate.

On thing... While charging, I've noticed some faint interference lines when the screen is on. I'm not sure if that's a problem or if happens with the new plates.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3315139. I will let you know how it works. It should be here Saturday. It has 3 coils so hopefully one of them will be in the correct spot.

I received this from Amazon. It works perfectly. It allows you to adjust the angle which is nice. It seems well made (at least as well as the Nokia unit). The only downside is that is doesn't come with an AC adapter. It does some with two USB cables and one is really long. I used a USB AC adapter.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
You need to set the phone in landscape and prop it up some so the coil aligns, like this: http://1drv.ms/21kiUkT

Noticed that the Nokia wireless charging stand and the CR 200 DOES NOT work with the XL.
That's what I've been hearing, crazy they'd move the connection on this phone compared to any other Nokia MS phone..
mdbuilder what do mean by prop? I can't tell by the photo?

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That's what I've been hearing, crazy they'd move the connection on this phone compared to any other Nokia MS phone..
mdbuilder what do mean by prop? I can't tell by the photo?

There is a semi circle shaped piece of black rubber about 3/8" thick under the phone, it is glued to the charge plate and forms a shelf to hold the phone high enough the the centerline of the phone lines up with the center of the circle molded into the charge plate. that circle is where the coil is.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
DT-910 is a no go.

DT-903 does work... BUT mine seems to heat my phone up like nuts for some reason. I tend to leave it on over night and when I wake up the phone is very warm as if the screen was on all night or something. Not sure what's causing it.

Steve Gauvin

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the Nokia Qi DT-910 for my old Lumia 920. I have tested it with my Lumia 950 XL and if you use a case with the 950 XL, the DT-910 doesn't work. To use the DT-910 with the Lumia 950 XL you need to put horizontaly on it without case.

With this condition, the DT-910 is useless with Lumia 950 XL.

Loki1973

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the Nokia Qi DT-910 for my old Lumia 920. I have tested it with my Lumia 950 XL and if you use a case with the 950 XL, the DT-910 doesn't work. To use the DT-910 with the Lumia 950 XL you need to put horizontaly on it without case.

With this condition, the DT-910 is useless with Lumia 950 XL.

The antenna is in the cover and since the cover can be replaced it would be nice for microsoft to offer a modified (and perhaps somewhat thinner) cover with the antenna located lower so that it can charge on the DT-910 and CR-200 (and 201). As a free replacement of course...

Bleak Morn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have a similar experience. :) Even with a spacer to get good alignment... here are my numbers:

73% charge at 11:36 AM (estimating 49 minutes to full charge)

...waited 49 minutes... phone was at...

61% charge at 12:41 PM (estimating 1 hour 10 minutes to full charge).

I wasn't using the phone. It was in a Nokia DT-910 charging stand.

I was using an Incipio cover sold at the MS store though so... might do better without.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I had trouble with mine too. Here's how I do it:

Put the 950XL in landscape mode with power/volume buttons on the bottom. The DT 910 has 2 rubber feet sticking up that your phone rests on. If you put the volume buttons between the 2 rubber feet when you rest the phone down (with the button touching one of the feet), it will charge. It's a quick way to easily put the phone in the coil's path

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I opened up one of my DT-910s. Unfortunately in the one I opened up, the wires were too short to glue it up a little higher. Plus the Stand would probably not work with the 1520 any more. Never mind, Quickcharge is faster anyway and there are several other charging plates around the house...

mrkuki

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I found that the 950XL needed to be lifted a bit so built a spacer using some of my son's spare lego. Works quite well now and it's in a 'shock absorbent dual layer' cover thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss