Lumia 950XL - Visual Voicemail?

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I used an AT&T branded (but unlocked) Lumia 920 on T-Mobile, and never had any problems with VVM. I put the nano-SIM in an adapter, made sure VVM worked with it on my 920, swapped it over to my 950XL, but no dice. VVM seems to be refusing to work. I've tried all the tricks I've seen listed. Pressing the VM button, manually calling my VM, creating VM's from other phones, etc. No luck.
Your 920 was not dual SIM. Your 950XL is dual SIM. WP does not support VVM on dual SIM devices.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Is the VVM app one that you can share? (Hold down the app in the app list and the sub menu will say Rate, etc. and some apps say share) If so, I wonder if you could share the app with someone who has an Unlocked 950XL.
VVM for AT&T and T-Mobile is not an app. It is built into WP (but only functional, at this point, on single-SIM devices).

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
BS, semantics perhaps but it is carrier software. True, it is burned into the carrier specific ROM so technically not a separate store acquirable app but it is an app none the less.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Just signed up for YouMail and am using ISeeVM. It's very very cool! I love that you can download the voicemails as MP3s from the web and forward them to yourself via email from the app. Thank you all for the suggestion!

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I got YouMail and ISeeVM to set up properly but it appears a $5 monthly transcription plan is necessary to view voicemails as text.

Pnk4God

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I tried the YouMail setup, didn't even get to install the ISeeVM app, but the Youmail setup fails when it does a test call to me. I don't answer the call like it asks, then I get a voicemail that just says if it doesn't work, try the test call again. Any ideas? Just says call did not connect to Youmail.

Same here ... never activates.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have any trouble getting it set up - for those who can't find the free option, go to the breadcrumbs all the way at the bottom of the home page and click on Visual Voicemail.
It's a bit funky to set up - took about 15 minutes, but no issues.

Go all the way through set up on the website, including the set up my phone page. Call the long call forwarding number they give you, then test it out on the website. THEN go and get the app and log in to that, there was no set up with the app, worked well.

However, it seems you can't change your PIN on the free version - at least I can't find the option to. That may be enough to get me to cough up $5 a month. Grrr.

rkamp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
They have a sale going on for $3/month or $30 for a year for the Premium version. Voice -> Text conversion is a really useful feature for me.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I got iseevm to work, but noticed that I don't get notifications for missed calls on my Band 2. So. That is more important to me that VVM.

Went back to basic voice mail. I can live with that for now.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
BS, semantics perhaps but it is carrier software. True, it is burned into the carrier specific ROM so technically not a separate store acquirable app but it is an app none the less.
No VVM doesn't require any carrier software. I have a Lumia 1520.3. Its factory unlocked, never even sold in this market. VVM works just fine on T-Mobile. So unless T-Mobile hacked the factory unlocked ROM, there is NO carrier software involved on the phone side.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I blame Verizon. In the past they have forced Microsoft to remove the stock VVM configuration on Verizon branded devices so they can install their own craptastic app and charge you and extra $3 a month for VVM. I bet that process of making it modular makes it broken in a dual sim scenario.

Billy Cantor

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Single SIM version of the Lumia 950XL with AT&T?

I understand that the Single SIM version is being sold to non-USA customers so presumably it can be ordered from an importer.

That could be the best of both worlds: 5.7" phone with extra horsepower for Continuum, potentially with AT&T Visual Voice Mail support.

If this is indeed a Dual SIM vs. Single SIM issue (and not an issue of AT&T picking which phones they want to support) then this could potentially work.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

None of those statements are true.

(1) T-Mobile/AT&T VVM *is not* carrier software on WP
(2) T-Mobile/AT&T VVM *is not* burned into any carrier-specific WP firmware
(3) T-Mobile/AT&T VVM *is not* an app in any way, shape, or form

VVM for T-Mobile and AT&T is part of the OS and exists in every single WP device ever sold since the VVM feature first debuted. Literally every single one -- factory unlocked ones, ones branded for carriers other than AT&T and T-Mobile, etc. Unfortunately, it is not supported on dual-SIM devices (even though technically it's present in the OS).

On the other hand, VVM for Verizon is not part of the OS -- and is in fact an app.

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it to work. Seems to be a decent alternative, though I would prefer it built right into the phone tile and OS integrated instead of having an app. With the dual sim issue, is this something Microsoft can fix with a software update? I don't see why dual sim makes it a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb