Lumia 950XL - Visual Voicemail?

helichrysum

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Change your greeting to "Thanks for calling... It's nearly 2016, so don't leave me a VM. Text me or email me. Cheers"

Just kidding.... Sorta

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Where on ATT's website can you add your IMEI? I'm logged in now and don't see anything, just shows unknown device, and no area to either manually enter the phone you have or a spot to manually add an IMEI from my old 1520.

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried the YouMail setup, didn't even get to install the ISeeVM app, but the Youmail setup fails when it does a test call to me. I don't answer the call like it asks, then I get a voicemail that just says if it doesn't work, try the test call again. Any ideas? Just says call did not connect to Youmail.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried the YouMail setup, didn't even get to install the ISeeVM app, but the Youmail setup fails when it does a test call to me. I don't answer the call like it asks, then I get a voicemail that just says if it doesn't work, try the test call again. Any ideas? Just says call did not connect to Youmail.

sounds like you might have made a typo in the forwarding code you had to key in on the phone

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
By the way, please all search the feedback app for visual voicemail dual sim or visual voicemail 950XL, and vote on the relevant suggestions. Quite a few votes already, I really hope MS will fix this. I mean I went all out and switched from Straight Talk to AT&T (GoPhone), so getting VVM back would be icing on the cake.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
the free version will work perfectly well for my needs.
See, now that's useful info! :) I didn't even know there was a free version. I visited the site, saw yet another thing to subscribe to, and decided against it. I'll have another look, thanks!

Now Windows Central, where is that article on setting up this VVM workaround on the 950XL?

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What is involved with signing up for this?

When you first go to Youmail, it looks like the only options are the $5 per month plan and the $10 per month plan, but there is also a free version that you can sign up for if you click a bit further.

Took about 10-15 total minutes to sign up with youmail, download IseeVM app on 3 devices, and authenticate.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Youmail + ISeeVM works better than VVM ever worked for me, and I get so few voicemails that the free version will work perfectly well for my needs.

I was optimistic about this solution unfortunately using the app I get sign in errors on both my phone and my computer. The messages seem to come through, but the error messages are kind of irritating.

st1cky

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
FWIW I have the 950 and the built in visual voicemail works great. I'm on AT&T and the 950 replaced my Galaxy S5 Active. My S5 did not have visual voicemail and I did not contact AT&T and request it for the 950, it just worked after the new phone was activated. I would hope there would not be any limitation to visual voicemail for the 950xl.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
FWIW I have the 950 and the built in visual voicemail works great. I'm on AT&T and the 950 replaced my Galaxy S5 Active. My S5 did not have visual voicemail and I did not contact AT&T and request it for the 950, it just worked after the new phone was activated. I would hope there would not be any limitation to visual voicemail for the 950xl.

Is your 950 a locked or unlocked 950? Branded at AT&T? Purchased at a Microsoft store? Single/Dual SIM?

I do know AT&T have to "Provision" VVM on a line for it to work on phones like my L830. I can't believe that is the issue as AT&T know they have to do that.

FlorentGj

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
this... this sounds like the conversation is definitely over.

so check this out- the dual sim version of the 950 xl gives you two phone interfaces, two messaging interfaces.
then, why wouldnt the vvm just be a part of each of the phone interfaces? that's what i don't get. could it just be a software/ programming issue that MS forgot to cover?
in any case, MS is really good lately about listening to customer feedback. how about someone reaches out and points us all to the post (wherever it is) and we all get on it?

SMBowen

May 28, 2014
Visit site

st1cky-

Is the VVM app one that you can share? (Hold down the app in the app list and the sub menu will say Rate, etc. and some apps say share) If so, I wonder if you could share the app with someone who has an Unlocked 950XL.

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I used an AT&T branded (but unlocked) Lumia 920 on T-Mobile, and never had any problems with VVM. I put the nano-SIM in an adapter, made sure VVM worked with it on my 920, swapped it over to my 950XL, but no dice. VVM seems to be refusing to work. I've tried all the tricks I've seen listed. Pressing the VM button, manually calling my VM, creating VM's from other phones, etc. No luck.

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It says call answered verifying it's by YouMail. Then says call did not connect to YouMail. Am I supposed to setup something on the phone prior to this test call that I am overlooking? I don't see anything about a forwarding code that I had to key in on the phone?

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Logged into the website and found the area that shows what number to dial on phone to activate. Now to download the app and test it out.

st1cky

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Is your 950 a locked or unlocked 950? Branded at AT&T? Purchased at a Microsoft store? Single/Dual SIM?

I do know AT&T have to "Provision" VVM on a line for it to work on phones like my L830. I can't believe that is the issue as AT&T know they have to do that.

It was locked, purchased at Microsoft store, and single sim. To be clear I am referring to the 950 and not the 950xl. Was just saying that if it works for one it would be odd that it did not work for the other, barring any technical issues from having dual sim on the xl model

Bigfireq

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
YouMail is confusing to set up (make sure you go to the address book for the entry for the confirmation call), and it pops up an error every once in a while, but it actually works great. Not as desirable as having built in vvm, but I'm not longer aggravated about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon