950XL crashing during call with bluetooth enabled

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I just reflashed the stock firmware using Device Recovery Tool - still crashes in calls as soon as I connect the Arc Touch Mouse, nothing else configured or installed. So the chance of a bad initial flash is eliminated too. I guess I'm going to return it now and boot my 1520.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I just reflashed the stock firmware using Device Recovery Tool - still crashes in calls as soon as I connect the Arc Touch Mouse, nothing else configured or installed. So the chance of a bad initial flash is eliminated too. I guess I'm going to return it now and boot my 1520.
did the same thing... upgraded, did hard reset and without installing any apps, paired my car kit... first test call rebooted phone after 13 seconds or so :(

just passed my 930 to my wife :-|

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone see an improvement on this with build 10586.29? My last try was to reflash the stock firmware, update to "official" .29 and then do another hard reset. Same result as in my previous post.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
OK, the 950 XL story has an end for me, I just returned it. I will follow the forums and see if it really becomes the device you can love. In the meantime I fell in love again with my 1520. ;)

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
having the same issue even after upgrade to build 10586.29.
On previous build the device has been restarting when on bluetooth for instance in the car. On this new build device ins?t restarting but disconnecting/re-connecting during calls using bluetooth in the car. There were no issues with my Lumia 930 even running insider program builds.
It?s very obstructive and frustrating. I have tried to play with configuration of the bluetooth both in the car and in the phone without any improvement.
Any tips how to work-around the issue or only option is to wait once Microsoft sort this out?

Inforcavado

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I have expirience thew same problem when conected to my car system via Bluetooth the lumnia 950 crash and reset.
This is very importante because i use it a lot to receive calls when i'm driving.
I have a friend with exactly the same problem. This is a BIG BUG.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
having the same issue even after upgrade to build 10586.29.
On previous build the device has been restarting when on bluetooth for instance in the car. On this new build device ins?t restarting but disconnecting/re-connecting during calls using bluetooth in the car. There were no issues with my Lumia 930 even running insider program builds.
It?s very obstructive and frustrating. I have tried to play with configuration of the bluetooth both in the car and in the phone without any improvement.
Any tips how to work-around the issue or only option is to wait once Microsoft sort this out?
experiencing the same thing indeed...

TerjeF

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had my fingers crossed with the new .36 build that came yesterday. But nope... exactly 3 minutes during my call with Bluetooth in my brand new car, the BT goes dead. Silent, I try opening my phone for changing to not BT, so i hit the powerbutton ten times before it respons. Continue the talk over the mobile, and 5-10 minutes later it's restarting... Then I turn BT OFF in the mobile, and starts talking again. Working just fine for the rest of the conversation for 15 minutes.
So - the issue is still there... It's kinda tragic that MS didn't solve this.... Crazy letting out 2 new gorgeous mobiles with these issue, not fixing it right away!

I still love my 950XL.... -but angry to wait until january for this getting fixed....

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
For me it doesn't reboot anymore but indeed loses connection with car or my band. Thinking to try another hard reset with a fresh .36 build to see if that helps.

Other than that I'm a happy owner also.

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
For me it doesn't reboot anymore but indeed loses connection with car or my band. Thinking to try another hard reset with a fresh .36 build to see if that helps.

Other than that I'm a happy owner also.

Hi Hans, did you try hard reset with fresh .36 build including restore of the backup? Let me know if it helped. Thanks

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I had my fingers crossed with the new .36 build that came yesterday. But nope... exactly 3 minutes during my call with Bluetooth in my brand new car, the BT goes dead. Silent, I try opening my phone for changing to not BT, so i hit the powerbutton ten times before it respons. Continue the talk over the mobile, and 5-10 minutes later it's restarting... Then I turn BT OFF in the mobile, and starts talking again. Working just fine for the rest of the conversation for 15 minutes.
So - the issue is still there... It's kinda tragic that MS didn't solve this.... Crazy letting out 2 new gorgeous mobiles with these issue, not fixing it right away!

I still love my 950XL.... -but angry to wait until january for this getting fixed....

I?m facing still the same issue even after upgrade to .36 build. BT is disconnecting/reconnecting during calls when using BT in my car, or Jabra BT speakerphone...and even when connected to my Garmin Fenix 3 watches...randomly disconnecting/reconnecting 1000 times per day...it?s very frustrating...hope MS will fix that early in January otherwise I will loose my patience as this phone in current state is not something I can use a phone for business usage.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Report: I couldn't resist and bought a new unit in mid-December. I was not shocked when I got the exact same reboot behavior for the first call after pairing the Surface mouse. It was not fixed after a hard reset. OS was still .0 btw as there was no .29 available, which I got instantly with the first device. I was about to put it back into the packaging but tried again after another hard reset. This time it did not crash, but lost Bluetooth connectivity exactly after the amount of time when it would crash before. Even more to say, I did not experience any reboots since then! So I decided to give MS another chance to fix it during the next 2 weeks (return period). Next day I pulled the new .36 through the Insider program, but I did not notice any changes.

Then, after using WDRT, I installed firmware 15506 together with non-Insider .29. Bluetooth seems to be really stable now for me and the phone runs really fine. Only annoyance is the really short battery life compared to my 1520 (also W10M), probably caused by Edge.

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi Hans, did you try hard reset with fresh .36 build including restore of the backup? Let me know if it helped. Thanks
I did the firmware update earlier this week, hard reset and now on build .29 (haven't joined Insider yet) but haven't gotten the time to try to test the stability with my Band 2 and carkit yet...

Report: I couldn't resist and bought a new unit in mid-December. I was not shocked when I got the exact same reboot behavior for the first call after pairing the Surface mouse. It was not fixed after a hard reset. OS was still .0 btw as there was no .29 available, which I got instantly with the first device. I was about to put it back into the packaging but tried again after another hard reset. This time it did not crash, but lost Bluetooth connectivity exactly after the amount of time when it would crash before. Even more to say, I did not experience any reboots since then! So I decided to give MS another chance to fix it during the next 2 weeks (return period). Next day I pulled the new .36 through the Insider program, but I did not notice any changes.

Then, after using WDRT, I installed firmware 15506 together with non-Insider .29. Bluetooth seems to be really stable now for me and the phone runs really fine. Only annoyance is the really short battery life compared to my 1520 (also W10M), probably caused by Edge.
I'm in the same scenario now but haven't gotten the time to test the BT stability yet but overall the device feels smoother...
will try the bluetooth tomorrow and see how that goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786