950XL crashing during call with bluetooth enabled

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I use a Plantronics Savi 720M Bluetooth Headset when at my desk. Yesterday, I noticed that if I made two outgoing calls in a row (using the RapDialer App on the 950XL), that on the second call my screen would freeze - the bluetooth indicator on the screen was showing enabled, but I was unable to hear anything through the HS, nor was I able to exit out of BT mode, or cancel the call - had to do a soft reset to get back control of my phone, WTF!

NOTE: I have an older HP Notebook that is upgraded to Windows 10, and as of mid-Nov, after a Cumulative Windows update, the Bluetooth on it no longer worked at all. I was on the phone MS Tech Support (using the 950XL via my Savi HS, which had the screen freeze after 3:07 minutes into the call, thankfully it didn't drop the call) and although he was able to get my WIFI back on the notebook, he was only able to give me a work-around for the Bluetooth at this time?

Also, checked with Plantronics regarding suggestions; their reply:
Please try to reset the Bluetooth connection between your phone and the base to see if that helps the issue. To do so, first delete the base from your cell phone's list of paired devices. Once deleted, power your phone completely off, then power it back on. This resets the Bluetooth stack in the Bluetooth software on the phone. Finally, re-pair the base with your phone.

GF Wong

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am facing this problem on my 950 XL since day 1. I'm now on fast ring insider .71 OS and did a soft reset and the problem still persist. Come on Microsoft, solve this! My 1520 never had this problem. This are the basic stability issues (and countless more) to address before adding more new feature to W10M. Yes, new features are welcome but at least solve the basic necessities first.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It seems that the recently released firmware 01078.00038.16025.39030 finally fixed the problem for me. It is my second Lumia 950 XL German CV, operator is TMO-DE. I am on the production path since Christmas, when I had to use WDRT to get the first firmware update at that time, meaning I am still on 10586.29 right now. I also noticed that the phone used to get warm if not hot during calls, even when not using the Bluetooth headset, and sometimes it would not cool down and burn the battery until reboot. This seems to be fixed too, at least I did not experience it anymore so far. So it looks like the device is usable as a phone now!

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello, thanks for your update.
Could you please specify whether you have single or double sim variant?
We are desperately waiting for the FW update - 00038 here in Czech republic and it?s still not arrived.
Maybe we will try to do WDRT re-flash and maybe then we will get the updated FW.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have the Single SIM as the Dual SIM is not yet sold here in Germany and I didn't want to import one. I would say the firmware fixed several things, but I for myself would give MS some more days to release the firmware worldwide, maybe together with build .107. I have had the impression from the forums, that the problems were worst here in Germany, maybe that is why they pushed it out here first.

Btw: I enabled VoLTE (Voice over LTE) yesterday with my TMO-DE MultiSIM, even though I did not by the 950 XL from them. Seems to work really well so far.

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Exactly, I hope new firmware which is coming will fix the issue otherwise I?m moving to iOS. I?m using Microsoft OS and devices very long, didn?t use iOS or Android so far, but after 3 months using 950XL without stable Bluetooth I have to say that 950XL is useless as a business phone, we are very frustrated :-(

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have the Single SIM as the Dual SIM is not yet sold here in Germany and I didn't want to import one. I would say the firmware fixed several things, but I for myself would give MS some more days to release the firmware worldwide, maybe together with build .107. I have had the impression from the forums, that the problems were worst here in Germany, maybe that is why they pushed it out here first.

Btw: I enabled VoLTE (Voice over LTE) yesterday with my TMO-DE MultiSIM, even though I did not by the 950 XL from them. Seems to work really well so far.

Could you please specify your product code (you can find it under battery lid)?
Thank You

petrmahdal

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I?ve just received confirmation from Vodafone Czech republic that they have approved new firmware on Friday therefore I hope it?s matter of hours when Microsoft to release that for our devices (Country variant: Vodafone CZ). It?s our last chance. If issues are not fixed we are done and unfortunately will have to move to iOS :-(

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I am almost certain that the new FW will solve your issues. I had really bad problems with BT, but since the FW update all of the problems are gone.

iosub

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I?ve just received confirmation from Vodafone Czech republic that they have approved new firmware on Friday therefore I hope it?s matter of hours when Microsoft to release that for our devices (Country variant: Vodafone CZ). It?s our last chance. If issues are not fixed we are done and unfortunately will have to move to iOS :-(

Is your product code 059X4W6 ?

Looks that we are on the same boat
http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ser/RM-1116/guid/059X4W6

Thanks

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So is anyone working on that issue? I am ever so fed up with that Lumia 950XL and Bluetooth disconnecting after about 1 minute max, rebooting, freezing and blocking the handset!
When do we see the improvement? So far none of the builds (even insider fast) touched that blooming issue!

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
How about all other annoying issues like, breaking the Bluetooth connection while on hands free , freezing and rebooting the phone? Tried it in many vehicles and same problem no matter what make. It is so annoying not being able to talk hands free while driving!
Do you think that one of these days we will get that blooming issue fixed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)