12-15-2015 05:53 PM
587 ... 2021222324
tools
    Something...something...Darkside....something something something Darkside....
    something something cookies
    12-13-2015 09:54 PM
    I just checked 950XL yesterday at a store at Borivali(E), Mumbai (India). Its a "wow" Phone. He's selling it at 48k
    12-14-2015 01:53 AM
    This thread is pathetic.

I've had no issues with my 950xl and my battery life is far exceeding that of my 1520. The camera is out of this world (I recently went to Melbourne) and took amazing pictures and stunning videos there and at the Taylor Swift Concert. In terms of build quality i have no issues and im not having any restarts.

Seriously if you don't like the phone, return it and stop complaining.
    maevinj, mcmc08 and Ben Schmidt1 like this.
    12-14-2015 04:36 AM
    Why, and what kind of problems. I have 640, 1520 and 950 XL, working well together with WP10, all of them. Im absolutely happy with my 950 XL. My experience is that, all phones have good days or bad day, all depends on - internet connection, bad apps who have seriously problems, and maybe the biggest problem, us = the user.

But again, its minimum of problems WP 10 makes, Im absolutely happy with the Windows 10 concept and OneDrive, all together. I like it and I need it, its simply the best.
    12-14-2015 05:04 AM
    I had a few issues in the first 24 hours, but they've all been resolved now. They were mostly down to restoring my 1020 on 8.1 to my 950XL. I decided to screw the restore and created it as a new phone. That fixed all except one problem - messages. My text messages on my 950xl were about a year out of date. I just enrolled my 1020 into the insider program, upgraded it to w10 and everything was synced up in about an hour. the 1020 had loads of duplicate messages, but It's now going to be my w10 testing phone and the duplicates aren't syncing so it doesn't really matter.

I wish the batter life was a bit better, It seems to drain fairly quickly. It's not bad, it's just not great. Slightly worse than my 1020. It probably just needs re-calibrated.
    12-14-2015 07:06 AM
    My 950XL is the bees knees!
    And once the IOS apps make it over it will rule all others.
    *holding breath*
    12-14-2015 07:27 AM
    *holding breath*
    *dead*
    macros_1, nokia4life and xandros9 like this.
    12-14-2015 07:27 AM
    ACtually its the 14th and they still dont have any in stock.. >.<

What happened with just "Pre-Ordering" and waiting on back orders to come in...?

Debating on getting it or the 950 or just a 640 unlocked.

My 930 is a global variant and missing some T-mobile bands and the screen is cracked.. the 640 LTE, 950 and 950XL have all the T-mo bands.
    12-14-2015 08:07 AM
    Been having my 950XL for exactly 2 weeks.I was a little bit sceptical the first 2 days mainly cause battery was draining really fast,maybe after half a day I had to charge it.But now its all much much better.I didnt experiance any odd restarts or freezes with my phone,everything works fine and smooth.
    Im comming from Lumia 1520 and its sooo good to finally have a phone that doesnt register one touch as two,that iritated me alot on 1520.
    With few more updates this will be one of the best phones on the market.
    12-14-2015 08:17 AM
    ... The microsoft stores and the online is not even connected. If you buy it out of the store you can not send it back or call microsoft. You got to find a store to take it back and they act like they didn't want to held. When they finally said that they will replace the phone , they made me pay for the ship and refused to help with the shipping. ...
    My Microsoft store (Northpark and Stonebriar in Dallas) are completely different. I had an issue with the Microsoft Band 1 and also ordered the Band 2 online, but they routed it through Canada so that I didn't get my Band 2 on release day. So a day after Band 2 release day, I went to checkout the Band 2 while I was waiting on my Band 2 shipment to go through customs.

They said I could buy the Band 2 there and they'd return the one I ordered through the online store free of charge. I bought two Band 2's onsite (one for the wife). Three days later I returned to the store with my Band 2 from Canada and my defective Band 1. They returned them both, no charge, no getting an RMA... THEY HANDLED IT ALL.

I didn't have to get the manager to share my accolades for the team, because he was one of the 3 helping me. Yes, 3 people worked together to make the process quicker.
    12-14-2015 08:42 AM
    What's the problem with the phone needing to be within a foot of your face to unlock it? Isn't that somewhere approaching where it would usually be anyway? To use a fingerprint reader you have to actually touch it. Just saying it seems to be a moot point to me.
    editguy likes this.
    12-14-2015 08:45 AM
    I couldn't get it to work without lifting my glasses up with my left hand, making it a two handed operation. It made iris scanning just a little inconvenient. My Surface Pro 4 has no trouble with facial recognition glasses or not.
    12-14-2015 08:52 AM
    Just a word to everybody about battery life. It's common for new batteries to behave erratically and drain quickly for the first few charges, and in some cases they can take several weeks to settle in. I know, we sell them for a living. Best advice is to charge overnight the first time, manufacturers recommend between 12-24 hours. Then drain fully and recharge fully 4-6 times for at least 8 hours. It seems to vary from battery to battery.

The problem starts because people want to play with their new phones as soon as they get them which is totally understandable of course, I'm no different to anybody else in that respect.
    editguy likes this.
    12-14-2015 08:57 AM
    Uh.. why would anyone pay over retail for any phone? If you're doing that - you're a terrible consumer...
    Sometimes you see it on ebay - people in markets where the phone isn't available will sometimes spend more to get someone to ship it to them. That's what most of the release day iPhone hype is about. People buy the max they can and sell them to rich people in countries where they aren't available.

I couldn't get it to work without lifting my glasses up with my left hand, making it a two handed operation. It made iris scanning just a little inconvenient. My Surface Pro 4 has no trouble with facial recognition glasses or not.
    Yeah, I wish they had used the same tech as the SP4. I'm guessing it takes up a lot more space.
    My SP4 will unlock when I'm sitting at my desk and turn at look at it from like 3ft away. Its very fast.
    Last edited by xandros9; 12-14-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: merging
    12-14-2015 09:28 AM
    Bought my 950XL on Thursday and I am loving the phone, far nicer than my 920 the only issue I have had is that Here Maps is not installed and that is a Here problem. I don't think the installed maps is as good.
    So far have had no problems with Edge on the phone.
    12-14-2015 09:35 AM
    It's great to hear so many people enjoying the phone, I'm sad that I was not one of those that took to it - thankfully MS have now refunded me so I am back to my 930 and will await the next great device they decide to make. I am still convinced the 950 & XL are not the devices that will change the fortunes of Windows Phone - On the most basic test of first impressions, if I close my eyes and put either 950 in one hand and either a 930 or Nexus or iPhone in the other and compare/feel the quality - the 950 devices would come dead last for me.
    Gunbust3r and Unauthorized like this.
    12-14-2015 10:33 AM
    If you participate in more than just this thread (heck even this thread is enough) you will notice a trend of new accounts with similar name patterns and/or remarkably similar post patterns (language, tone, grammar) that are all bashing this phone and Windows 10 in general.

I fear its a small group of well motivated individuals trying their best to generate negativity.
    What a pity their lives have no more meaning other than to waste time generating multiple accounts to post negative things on this forum. You'd think their time would be better spent elsewhere after posting their grievances. Instead more and more accounts are created to try and create the perception of more and more people upset.
    maevinj likes this.
    12-14-2015 10:38 AM
    I fear its a small group of well motivated individuals trying their best to generate negativity.
    Yes, it's a grand conspiracy. Apple and Google are paying shills to undermine Microsoft's titan ~2% phone OS market share.
    cracgor likes this.
    12-14-2015 11:18 AM
    Yes, it's a grand conspiracy. Apple and Google are paying shills to undermine Microsoft's titan ~2% phone OS market share.
    No, not all conspiracy - these phones are not perfect. I've seen plenty of this in the past, and wouldn't be surprised if its happening here somewhat. Its not paid shills, just fanboys. It was really bad in the PS/Xbox early days. Bogus youtube videos, forum posts, etc. Both sides were doing it - pathetic.
    12-14-2015 11:24 AM
    Just a word to everybody about battery life. It's common for new batteries to behave erratically and drain quickly for the first few charges, and in some cases they can take several weeks to settle in. I know, we sell them for a living. Best advice is to charge overnight the first time, manufacturers recommend between 12-24 hours. Then drain fully and recharge fully 4-6 times for at least 8 hours. It seems to vary from battery to battery.

The problem starts because people want to play with their new phones as soon as they get them which is totally understandable of course, I'm no different to anybody else in that respect.
    And checkout this article from Gizmodo on how to maximize battery life.
    That said, it's smart to do one full discharge about once a month for "calibration," but don't do it all the time. Running the whole gamut on a regular basis won't make your battery explode or anything, but it will shorten its lifespan.
    And as others have said, charge in the mid-range. These are Lithium ion, not Ni-Cad or Ni-MH so forget about traditional memory issues. Constantly draining them will shorten your battery life.
    12-14-2015 12:27 PM
    Been using the 950xl fro some 10 days. Found it rather buggy, especially photos and cameras apps... have had to pull the battery out a few times as has become unresponsive. Micro SD card giving lots of problems (Scandisk 16gb) to the point I just pulled it out as it kept giving me some read error which the system wanted to scan to fix but never managed to do.

Hoping that some updates will fix fix the bugs... not enough for me to want to replace it though!
    12-14-2015 01:39 PM
    It's great to hear so many people enjoying the phone, I'm sad that I was not one of those that took to it - thankfully MS have now refunded me so I am back to my 930 and will await the next great device they decide to make. I am still convinced the 950 & XL are not the devices that will change the fortunes of Windows Phone - On the most basic test of first impressions, if I close my eyes and put either 950 in one hand and either a 930 or Nexus or iPhone in the other and compare/feel the quality - the 950 devices would come dead last for me.
    That's *your* problem there. You cant judge quality with your eyes closed. Metal doesn't mean quality, and general feel does not equate to overall quality. That is personal preference, not quality.
    maevinj, editguy and Andrea988 like this.
    12-14-2015 02:04 PM
    Been using the 950xl fro some 10 days. Found it rather buggy, especially photos and cameras apps... have had to pull the battery out a few times as has become unresponsive. Micro SD card giving lots of problems (Scandisk 16gb) to the point I just pulled it out as it kept giving me some read error which the system wanted to scan to fix but never managed to do.
    Well that's just plain wrong. Photos and camera app are pretty damn solid in my experience.
    And what exactly are you doing that you have to pull the battery out? I have had my 950XL since Thanksgiving day (day before official release) and I haven't had to do that once! Then again, I know how to soft reset (havent even used that more than once or twice) so maybe the problem is you're completely unsavvy when it comes to tech.

I have a 64GB SanDisk card in mine.. no issues whatsoever. I have about 14GB of music and save all my photos/videos to it.

I call BS on your entire post.
    Snoke likes this.
    12-14-2015 02:09 PM
    There won't be another 'reboot'.
    Even if you were the one 'running' Microsoft and tell me to believe that there will not be another reboot, I WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU.
    12-14-2015 02:24 PM
    That's *your* problem there. You cant judge quality with your eyes closed. Metal doesn't mean quality, and general feel does not equate to overall quality. That is personal preference, not quality.
    If you are trying to sell a product to a fan, they might be able to look past these minor things. If you are trying to convert people from other platforms to your device, the first impression is poor and won't convince many. Personally, I have been on Windows Phone since the HTC 7 came out - I'm still here but this device should be better - and btw, I have only talked about the shell of this device, I have come across several software issues that don't exist on my 930. I see you calling BS on someone else's experience with the product - he's not wrong.
    nokia4life and geekladyemjay like this.
    12-14-2015 02:29 PM
587 ... 2021222324