Getting rid of my 950xl, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krayziehustler

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
PLEASE point me in the direction of a similarly spec'd phone for less money. PLEASE DO IT. Dual Sim Note 5s are $700 on Amazon right now.

Neither the 950 or the XL overpriced, most phones of similar spec are more expensive. Buddy just got a LG G4 which is roughly the same as my 950 (808, 32gb), looked up the price, $615. Not sure how these phones are more expensive then their counterparts in the Android world.

Finally someone with sense. I am baffled at all these overpriced comments when it is the most feature packed phone on the market now. Even similarly specced phones fall drastically short of specs like the Nexus 6p which doesn't allow for SD cards nor replaceable battery. Those are both big big knocks against it, but somehow it is the Lumia that is over priced.

WPhoner

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
er.. did you say ..GIVE IT AWAY?!
just cause Im a good guy, Ill take that hunk-a-junk off of your hands. AND its stupid accessories!
~ smiles ~

Bri D

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been using it since the 25th, and I still stand by what I posted. It has been leaps and bounds better than my 1520.

Thanks for the extra detail. Please update us if anything changes. I started noticing reoccurring issues after my first week.

gcyoung

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Nobody should have to charge his phone during the day. Unacceptable in 2015, unless you're constantly streaming content. iPhones and Android phones last all day on a charge. Microsoft can do better.

Untrue. I have an iPhone 6, and under moderate use I do have to charge it during the day, sometimes. It's really not that big a deal.

SimpleCartoon

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I am using both Tmobile(SIM1) and ATT(Sim2). Are anyone of you having troubles with call quality. I am having call issues on ATT. I never had these issues before on my lumia 1520.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
There's no way I'm returning my 950XL. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned and I have exactly zero complaints about it. Everything is working great and in fact much better than I expected. The preview version of W10M on my 1020 was rather buggy, but on the 950XL I have had no issues. I love this phone and I literally wouldn't trade it for any other phone in the world.

Whoever is selling their phone, I would be very curious to know what phone out there you think is better than this one, and why.

Rupert Holmes

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I would really like run Denim on my XL. It only took six months after release to get for my 1020 from AT&T. All the while my 1020 would randomly lock up. It would have been nice had MS paid attention to the preview responses. Hardly anyone liked the Circles. Things that took a single press, now require a menu step. We still do not have repeating notifications for text or missed calls. Yes, it does show on the display, but I cannot see the display when it is in my belt case. I will probably keep the XL, as with the 1020, they will get it software just right, about the time a new version comes out.

Heatnup

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not, I was waiting for the 950XL for a long time...could not wait to get rid of my 1020. The 1020 is an old piece of crap now. I absolutely love the 950XL, it works so great and supports everything I use perfectly. Hello is the greatest thing ever, and I am extra excited about the dual sims, h264 support for ultra high resolution video and the thing is super fast. My best purchase ever...can't wait for the dock to arrive.

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Whoever is selling their phone, I would be very curious to know what phone out there you think is better than this one, and why

My 1520.3 works just as well as the xl minus being as fast and having a slightly worse camera sensor. But spending over $700 (including CA sales tax) for a phone thats only marginally better doesnt make sense in my book. Id much rather continue using a phone that works well and save my money for another phone that is better. Had high hopes for the note 5 until it was released and had no removable back, and no microsd slot. Same goes for nexus 6p. With google allegedly taking the reigns on the nexus production again, and the note 6 allegedly going back to what the note 4 was, and new surface phone I would rather wait it out.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There's no way I'm returning my 950XL. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned and I have exactly zero complaints about it. Everything is working great and in fact much better than I expected. The preview version of W10M on my 1020 was rather buggy, but on the 950XL I have had no issues. I love this phone and I literally wouldn't trade it for any other phone in the world.

Whoever is selling their phone, I would be very curious to know what phone out there you think is better than this one, and why.

I am not selling mine however this thing would be way better if it had the same if not all of the quality apps that IOS and or Android has there are like 4 that I wish this phone supported (ATT Digital Life so I can monitor my home camera's and automated house its through ATT so there is no other apps that would be able to access it, BillGuard - there is no replacement or an app even close to it, The real twitter - not MS fault more twitter there is no reason this app should not have the same functions as the other two OS no excuse at all, my banking apps Discover, Chase, American Airlines - I travel for business and this app doesn't even exist i can't check in or get scanned through using my phone, jawbone - up app where is this and why not,) everything else is there just need these few remaining and I will be in phone heaven the Lumia is hands down the best phone out there just its ecosystem when it comes to real first party quality apps sucks, I blame this on the Devs of these apps not MS unless someone knows something I don't maybe their lack of enthusiasm ran the good apps off who knows. However I would not blame someone for wanting to sell theirs if some things are really needed to make you keep a 700 device then all be it. I am one hoping that this bridge deal they are working on to bring OIS devs over solves this gap.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Because I could. Most of the phones didn't need it. That was more a comment toward not being a noob on figuring out how to work a phone.

And a new issue popped up today - when connected to wifi the lock screen has a 2 second delay in drawing the home screen (fresh factory reset from yesterday night)

Uncled1023

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My 1520.3 works just as well as the xl minus being as fast and having a slightly worse camera sensor. But spending over $700 (including CA sales tax) for a phone thats only marginally better doesnt make sense in my book. Id much rather continue using a phone that works well and save my money for another phone that is better. Had high hopes for the note 5 until it was released and had no removable back, and no microsd slot. Same goes for nexus 6p. With google allegedly taking the reigns on the nexus production again, and the note 6 allegedly going back to what the note 4 was, and new surface phone I would rather wait it out.

Well seeing as the 1520 doesn't have a removable back, slower processor (for me, it was SIGNIFICANTLY faster on the 950 XL vs my 1520), worse camera (and even worse camera performance), phantom touch issues (at least mine did, often), and it's bigger while only having a slightly larger screen, I would say the 950 xl is a large improvement in almost every aspect.

Serpentbane

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The problem with us Windows phone/10m users are the fact that we are to smart. We know how great the OS is, but we dont by New Phones because we just need the latest phone no matter what, and we don't think every little change is the invention of the year, and we don't belive everything wrong with the phone is actually a feature. And yes, I'm talking about you apple boy.

Our demands are so much higher, yet we demand this from a platform that is so much smaller. And as the OP wrote, Our existing Phones are so good they do their job just fine, so we don't really need a new phone every year. And all these things added up, we, the People wanting W10m to become just as big as iOS desides not to buy the New Phones. Perhaps a SF phone will come NeXT year.

I say screw that. Now is the time for us to support MS. Now is the time to become (at least for the NeXT two years) the diciples we make jokes of. In my opinion Windows is the best OS for Phones. I allready own two working lumias, and I'm getting the 950.

Do I really need it? No.
Do MS really need me? Yes.

I chose to support further Development of W10m.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am not selling mine however this thing would be way better if it had the same if not all of the quality apps that IOS and or Android has there are like 4 that I wish this phone supported (ATT Digital Life so I can monitor my home camera's and automated house its through ATT so there is no other apps that would be able to access it, BillGuard - there is no replacement or an app even close to it, The real twitter - not MS fault more twitter there is no reason this app should not have the same functions as the other two OS no excuse at all, my banking apps Discover, Chase, American Airlines - I travel for business and this app doesn't even exist i can't check in or get scanned through using my phone, jawbone - up app where is this and why not,) everything else is there just need these few remaining and I will be in phone heaven the Lumia is hands down the best phone out there just its ecosystem when it comes to real first party quality apps sucks, I blame this on the Devs of these apps not MS unless someone knows something I don't maybe their lack of enthusiasm ran the good apps off who knows. However I would not blame someone for wanting to sell theirs if some things are really needed to make you keep a 700 device then all be it. I am one hoping that this bridge deal they are working on to bring OIS devs over solves this gap.

You need 4 apps. I need 1 of those and 6 others. Someone else needs 3 different ones and so on. It really quickly adds up. It is why the system can't grow. And unless someone is committed to windows phone, they will leave. I would add AMC, Xfinity, my security, facebook (the real one, not the almost works version), yik-yak, amazon music/video.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem with us Windows phone/10m users are the fact that we are to smart. We know how great the OS is, but we dont by New Phones because we just need the latest phone no matter what, and we don't think every little change is the invention of the year, and we don't belive everything wrong with the phone is actually a feature. And yes, I'm talking about you apple boy.

Our demands are so much higher, yet we demand this from a platform that is so much smaller. And as the OP wrote, Our existing Phones are so good they do their job just fine, so we don't really need a new phone every year. And all these things added up, we, the People wanting W10m to become just as big as iOS desides not to buy the New Phones. Perhaps a SF phone will come NeXT year.

I say screw that. Now is the time for us to support MS. Now is the time to become (at least for the NeXT two years) the diciples we make jokes of. In my opinion Windows is the best OS for Phones. I allready own two working lumias, and I'm getting the 950.

Do I really need it? No.

I agree with what you say however WM users aren't the only one's that are smart come on with that. My issue with this OS is not that its not big like the others but it needs a robust app store I look at some of these apps and the design is out dated I left WM back in 2012 or 2011 can't remember I had the Lumia 900, I have come back as I love microsoft want they are trying to do, but there is no reason for the app store to look exactly the same as it did some 5 years ago. It should have evolved by now thats all that this platform is missing to tell you the truth, am I going to sell my lumia 950XL no, but do i wish I had the same apps available that are on my nexus 6p and iPhone 6 plus yes, do I wish that the devs would update their apps like they do on the other platform yes. This is whats hurting microsoft, its like a beautiful modern house on the outside only open the door and find that your house built in 2015 looks like 1960 on the interior this needs to be fixed. How do you just let your app store go to crap along with groove music, ZUNE music was awesome I owned a zune player which is why i adopted Wphone or WM back in the lumia 900 days. Now its a joke the music app doesn't even allow shuffle wow how hard is it for microsoft to update their own freaking app. If they can't do this with their own then how can they expect top notch devs to do the same or even build for it. again love my phone but wow they need to get with the program and if we support their mediocre attempts we are saying we are okay with that while making them rich. Just fix your apps and store and boom you have new life the hardware is there its the best out there if you ask me , and they are big enough and rich enough to see it happen.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Do I really need it? No.

That is just plain weird logic. WM10 needs us more than I need them. They should try harder, not the other way around. I have to little times to figure out bugs and make my life less enjoyable. I would rather have a feature phone that works than work through the bugs in a beta phone after I dropped top of the line money on a company.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That is just plain weird logic. WM10 needs us more than I need them. They should try harder, not the other way around. I have to little times to figure out bugs and make my life less enjoyable. I would rather have a feature phone that works than work through the bugs in a beta phone after I dropped top of the line money on a company.

Finally (preachhhhhhh ) very well said dude.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried one at the store, and it seems good, the issues are software so it's not like any other WP will do better. The camera's speed and better color make up for the loss of zoom from my 1020, so I'm considering getting one. I will miss that 1020 res though, it's great for going to the bookstore and photographing a whole shelf and then later looking up book reviews of them from the text on every spine on the shelf with no pixilation. The new one seems too pixilated for that when I tried one in the store.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Isn't W10 desktop and mobile an unfinished os that is always being updated and so that is why we are seeing all the problems? I get better battery life on my green L1520 with w10 than on my L950xl right now iv'e disabled Cortana and I have seen a little better battery life wont return mine just a wait and see game for me my nexus 6p battery drain is not that good either I guess high end devices will face these problems light n thin they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs