950/950XL have super sensitive touch?

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey there!

Quick question. My friend just got the XL but he says it does not have super sensitive touch. Can anyone confirm this or not? Being Canadian, this is a VERY important feature for us up North. Just want to know before I order it online. I would inspect my friends' but he lives in another city.

Cheer thanks guys!

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok, that's weird. Now there is conflicting information. My buddy said he couldn't get the touchscreen to work with thin gloves on no matter what. He tried a lot. It's definitely much less sensitive than his 1020, which works great with gloves.

Any other experiences from other would be great to hear. Thanks guys!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I know that the specs indicate they are SUPPOSED to support it, but I believe the feature is missing from the current W10M version of the Touch settings UI. That suggests it's not fully implemented for W10M at this point, so they probably hid it until they update and validate it,

vitaSvizra

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was also looking for the gloves settings, but through "Extras"-->"Touch" you can only chose wether navigation bar should vibrate or not. I'm also missing it. Specification page is listing "Super Sensitive Touch" also in Switzerland... I think it's combined with Double-tap to wake feature.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh geez, I hope this isn't a feature that silently disappears. Same with double tap, something I use a dozens of times daily.

icatar

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I can't use my gloves on my 950 XL. I've used these same gloves on my old 1020. May need to pick up some touch screen friendly gloves.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
It is enabled and shown in Touch settings on my Lumia 1520 on the latest Windows 10 build, so it is working with Windows 10.

Also no need to spend money on over priced touchscreen gloves. Either buy a thin pair of silk lined leather gloves or buy any pair of lined leather gloves, turn the thumbs inside out and cut a hole in the 'lining only' of the thumb pads. This means your skin will be touching the leather and not the lining and will be usable on your phone. See photo.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Attachments

• WP_20130122_005.jpg
    WP_20130122_005.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa