Email toast notifications

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that text messages send toast notifications when there is a new message on the top or the screen. It's there a similar function for email? I believe email has all the same options as text in the notifications settings. Is this possible? Thanks guys!

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Settings / System / Notifications & actions / turn em on then scroll down under the apps for outlook, tap outlook on, tap outlook and look at the 4 different detailed options to choose which of those you want and which sound you want.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Settings / System / Notifications & actions / turn em on then scroll down under the apps for outlook, tap outlook on, tap outlook and look at the 4 different detailed options to choose which of those you want and which sound you want.
Thanks, but I had all 4 of those on already. For example, when I'm in the browser and I get a text, a preview toast notification pops up with a brief preview of the message. I'm looking for the same thing with email.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Try within outlook, hit the three dots at the bottom / settings / options / scroll down and make sure notifications are on and show banner checked. I think this is separate for each inbox

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
The notifications are on a per account basis. You may want to reconsider turning those on unless you don't get a lot of email. I get upwards of 400 email a day and regretted the notifications instantly.

tuxedo323

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The notifications are on a per account basis. You may want to reconsider turning those on unless you don't get a lot of email. I get upwards of 400 email a day and regretted the notifications instantly.
Yeah I only plan to use it for a work related email I absolutely have to stay up to date on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett