Issues - Hotspot and Contacts in Email

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I really wanted this phone like a junkie wanting a fix. I don't have many complaints about this phone. The lack of the ability to print is tolerable because I still have my iPhone and I have my surface the apps don't bother me I have managed everything I need. I have only had one freaky thing happen and that was as I was telling my daughter what an awesome phone it is and taking photos of her I turned onto he flash snapped a photo and the phone crashed and wouldn't come back on until power was connected to it no problem hasn't happened since.

What is bothering me is 1. I tried to forward an email to my sister but her address wouldn't come up. I have 5 email accounts and depending on which account I am in certain addresses don't come up. I have all of the accounts selected. 2. The hotspot won't work and every time I call ATT the tech asks for my I m e I and makes my LTE go away and I have to tell them what they have to do to put it back. No matter what they did today my hotspot wouldn't work. They entered a case for it. My hotspot and LTE not working at the same time I am sorry to say is a deal breaker for me. If they can't get it to work I will (I hate to say) take it back and get a 640 xl something that all of the features work on.

I have been reading about other people talking about returning theirs and thought why it is a great phone with a few issues, issues are fine but at least the phone features should work. I have reached the point of frustration. :unhappy:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried to forward an email to my sister but her address wouldn't come up.
Hey, the same thing is happening to my sister. Maybe Cortana is being catty? But seriously, I can't figure out why this happens. Maybe these addresses were not in my address book, and instead were autocomplete entries from previous email replies stored only locally on the old phone. If so, it would be nice if the MS phone backup kept the autocomplete entries, and offered a way to manage them.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey, the same thing is happening to my sister. Maybe Cortana is being catty? But seriously, I can't figure out why this happens. Maybe these addresses were not in my address book, and instead were autocomplete entries from previous email replies stored only locally on the old phone. If so, it would be nice if the MS phone backup kept the autocomplete entries, and offered a way to manage them.

All of my addresses are in one of the account address books so shouldn't the addresses come up regardless of which account I am in???

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
So I think that the hotspot has something to do with the apn settings the tech sent me link and told me to set it up but the instructions weren't the same as the phone so I couldn't find it but just did but I am not sure what the right settings are. I am going to bed this is making me mad and I am tired.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
LTE and hotspot should work just fine as they work great on my 950 XL on AT&T. I would grab an AT&T LTE phone IMEI and SIM card, tell AT&T to activate it on your line, then pop it into your phone and hard reset it so that it boots up and gets set up with your SIM card already inside and working properly right off the bat.

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The lte SIM card I have doesn't fit the phone. I asked for a nano when I get my 640 but she just told me to come back when I got this one. So I have to give then the number every time. Maybe I will go to the store tomorrow instead it this over the Internet crap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss