01-21-2016 08:18 AM
162 12345 ...
tools
    And it's a shame, there are still the same Bluetooth reboots in Build 10586.29, although stability fixes were mentioned. I guess I'll have to return the XL by the end of the week. :(
    12-07-2015 04:30 PM
    Same here. I get random restarts sometimes. Even without microsd.
    12-07-2015 10:28 PM
    I just reflashed the stock firmware using Device Recovery Tool - still crashes in calls as soon as I connect the Arc Touch Mouse, nothing else configured or installed. So the chance of a bad initial flash is eliminated too. I guess I'm going to return it now and boot my 1520.
    12-08-2015 12:55 AM
    the .29 update seems to be worse. Woke up to the phone asking to scan the SD card, only to have it reboot 9 times in a row. This is recockulous.
    12-08-2015 05:58 AM
    I just completed this.

3. Reset your phone

Important:

This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.
    Before continue with the reset, make sure your phone’s battery level is above 50%. To check the remaining battery life, go to Settings > battery saver (Windows 10 Mobile: Settings > System > Battery saver). If you are not able to check it, or the level is too low, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.

Reset your phone by using the built-in option in the phone settings. Select Settings > About > Reset your phone (Windows 10 Mobile: Settings > System > About > Reset your phone).

However, if you cannot access the phone settings, follow the steps below:

a. Disconnect the charger. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when phone vibrates and then immediately press and hold the volume down button until the phone displays an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Release the volume down key.

b. Then press the volume and power keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.

Lumia 950 XL users: Please note the physical key combinations differ slightly compared to other Lumias.

c. Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset you will see gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.

d. Go through the initial phone setup. Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly on your phone. Select Settings > date+time (Windows 10 Mobile: Settings > Time & language > Date & time).

Will watch to see if it reboots through the day.
    12-08-2015 07:48 AM
    I keep meaning to post what I found but keep forgetting. I have the same problems as you guys but I've noticed something very weird. Mine ONLY keeps rebooting when it's within a certain distance of my desktop computer. If I move it a few feet away, then it stops. This is absolutely weird to me. I don't know what device in the area is causing it but it happens every time. It's fine at my job or next to my surface book so maybe a battery backup. I really don't know and I'd totally be guessing.
    12-08-2015 08:51 AM
    Don't recommend this to anyone except diehard WP fans (in which case recommendations aren't needed). I would return/exchange the phone immediately if it were a iPhone or Android phone. :(
    I don't think I would recommend it to even die hards. It is their choice, though I think they should know that it will be a challenge right now.
    12-08-2015 08:57 AM
    So...it....has....been a hard day today, as it went into a reboot loop after the latest hard reset. 4 reboots one after the previous one. Called all the stores around to see if I can return it, and everywhere is out. Not until Dec 11. rock meet hard place.
    12-08-2015 10:37 AM
    So...it....has....been a hard day today, as it went into a reboot loop after the latest hard reset. 4 reboots one after the previous one. Called all the stores around to see if I can return it, and everywhere is out. Not until Dec 11. rock meet hard place.
    Sorry. I feel your pain.
    Nqbus2001 likes this.
    12-08-2015 11:19 AM
    I have Nokia 530, since the 29 update my phone freezes at times, the only way to get it to work
    is remove the battery re-insert it, then power it on. I tried to send feedback, but the feedback app kept closing before I could enter the category, tried 4 times, before I got the feedback sent.
    12-09-2015 10:06 AM
    My wife and I both have the XL version, both with the most recent update. I noticed that hers took about 3 random restarts after updating it last night, but none so far today. Mine hasn't restarted once and appears very stable...nock on wood. It might have to do with some apps.
    12-09-2015 10:40 AM
    guys, no matter what anyone says, NONE of the competition's flagships have had such severe issues and none have. what's with this? has Ms gone completely crazy or what? aren't they able to do a proper quality check? how can you release a phone with such problems? Orange in Romania has it for 2 days now and one store in my city already has 4 returned because of reboots and crashes with full refund on every one of them. the manager said that he hasn't seen such bad products ever, considering the price tag...so many returned with same problems; one dvice was exchanged twice and still same issues. from this we can conclude that the device is not the problem here, it's the garbage OS that has serious problems with the new hardware. God sake I haven't ordered one. No thanks, I want a working device for 540eur not a broken joke.
    Unauthorized likes this.
    12-09-2015 01:46 PM
    starting my day at 5 am, going to 6 pm, I am sitting at 24 reboots. What the eff.
    12-09-2015 06:18 PM
    This might be an app causing this. It's very random. I have no microSD and Bluetooth is off.
    12-09-2015 06:54 PM
    starting my day at 5 am, going to 6 pm, I am sitting at 24 reboots. What the eff.
    24???? I imagine you can't rely on it for anything. I know that the 920 used to have such issues as reboots and freezing at launch but I wasn't expecting MS to break things again.
    12-10-2015 03:35 AM
    I wish it was an app. Even when i did a clean install of everything, with no SD, it still restarted.

My only real question is what changed from 10586.11 on my 1520 to 10586 on my 950XL?
    12-10-2015 06:53 AM
    I have watched it just restart on my desk while im at work. It restarted 3 times during a phone call. How upsetting is it to have to call the person back each time. My 920 never had issues. That thing was rock solid.

Anyone know the reason why they were late to release after they pulled the display models from the stores?
    12-10-2015 06:55 AM
    Sounds like faulty hardware to me rather than a software issue if a clean install with not SD card/Bluetooth still has restarts. Get the phone replaced.
    12-10-2015 07:17 AM
    Yeah, this is likely. Well, I returned it and might start another try later to get one of a different batch.
    12-10-2015 09:56 AM
    Just to add my input.

950XL with a SanDisk Extreme 64Gb MicroSD XC I card (new), set up phone as new (no backup restore)
    Set to store App, Photos etc on the SD
    Paired with Band 2, BT on constantly.

I get about 50 reboots per day!

I am going to nuke it and try without SD and not pair to my band and see if that helps.
    12-10-2015 10:36 AM
    12-10-2015 10:40 AM
    You might also want to have a look here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...h-enabled.html
    I'd read that thread, thanks.
    12-10-2015 11:39 AM
    The first thing I did was to hook up to my laptop to backup photos etc... started copying the Pictures folder from the SD card to my laptop... bang! Reboot...
    Last edited by Alphageek_UK; 12-10-2015 at 11:52 AM.
    12-10-2015 11:41 AM
    Like all of you, I have been experiencing random reboots. One thing that I'm trying, which time will tell if it works, is to simply move all the SD-installed apps back from SD to device via the Storage -> SD Card -> click app, hit Move, click OK dialogue. I'll let you know if that works, then there's no resetting involved, and I've kept all non-app storable items on the SD card.
    12-10-2015 11:58 AM
    Ok, reset and set up the phone's settings etc. Have not switched on BT or updated any Apps yet. No SD Card inserted.

Not one reboot. Will update stock apps now.
    12-10-2015 01:13 PM
162 12345 ...