Constant Restarts

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'm joining the restarts club. Haven't done any testing of the MicroSD but I'm on my 3rd reboot of the day (that I know of). Most annoying was the one while I was actually on the phone. I was getting them once every few days and now it seems to have started more frequently.

In case it matters I'm using Ultra SanDisk 128GB MicroSD SDXC Class 10 80MB/s.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
This sucks to hear so many people having serious issues that store to be resulting from their microSD.

I'm using a 200 GB Sandisk card and have had no issues, I'm also on a 950 not an XL though.

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Speed of you cards' not a factor but maybe the quality of the card maybe?

Lumia 950 XL has full support for UHS-I "SDR104" format witch is up to 104MB/s

I'm using Lexar 128GB Professional microSDXC UHS-II card (1000x) in my Lumia 950 XL and working fine!
Both my 128GB 48MB/s and 128GB 80MB/s cards are Sandisk SDXC UHS-I.
Again, I doubt the issue is with cards. LOTS of people are having reboot issues with with 950 (most of which seem to be caused by SD cards) and ALL these people can't be using broken cards. Besides, as I said, my cards work fine on other devices.

maybe 10586.29 will fix everyone Issues?
Let's hope so...

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
This sucks to hear so many people having serious issues that store to be resulting from their microSD.

I'm using a 200 GB Sandisk card and have had no issues, I'm also on a 950 not an XL though.

Once the phone gets here (waiting on 11/16 pre-order with ship by 12/11 date), will comment on the 200GB SanDisk (which is, at the moment, waiting here to be put in the phone).

Am curious though if this is attributed to presence of any SD card. If so, a test if someone could handle the protrusion that long would be to have a OTG and USB pen drive plugged in for a while. At least as a test of the secondary file system (not specific to USB pen drive or USB SD card reader).

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I performed a factory reset WITHOUT restoring a backup this time and inserted a slower card (original was 128GB 80MB/s, switched to 128GB 48MB/s) and so far I have only had one restart. Both of these cards work perfectly on my Dell Venue 8 Pro, so it can't be the card's fault, so it's either: 1) Software is simply half-baked, 2) Lumia XL can't handle fast cards. I'm thinking it's most likely #1.
PS. Pocketnow video review of regular 950 also mentioned random restarts at 9:22.

We're just going to have to wait for a patch it seems.

Would you happen to know the link, or which video that is they said this?

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the vid.

After watching this, i thought maybe it had something to do with bluetooth, as i do have it paired to my car, and my band 2. Turned BT off, and BAM, reboot. Ok...maybe it was just a change in the system....waited. BAM another reboot.

This is getting frustrating. How the hell can i recommend this phone to others, if i cant make it work. Its worse than iOS 9 right now.

JieXY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the vid.

After watching this, i thought maybe it had something to do with bluetooth, as i do have it paired to my car, and my band 2. Turned BT off, and BAM, reboot. Ok...maybe it was just a change in the system....waited. BAM another reboot.

This is getting frustrating. How the hell can i recommend this phone to others, if i cant make it work. Its worse than iOS 9 right now.

Don't recommend this to anyone except diehard WP fans (in which case recommendations aren't needed). I would return/exchange the phone immediately if it were a iPhone or Android phone. :(

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
And it's a shame, there are still the same Bluetooth reboots in Build 10586.29, although stability fixes were mentioned. I guess I'll have to return the XL by the end of the week. :(

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I just reflashed the stock firmware using Device Recovery Tool - still crashes in calls as soon as I connect the Arc Touch Mouse, nothing else configured or installed. So the chance of a bad initial flash is eliminated too. I guess I'm going to return it now and boot my 1520.

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
the .29 update seems to be worse. Woke up to the phone asking to scan the SD card, only to have it reboot 9 times in a row. This is recockulous.

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just completed this.

3. Reset your phone

Important:

This erases all personal content on your phone and restores the factory settings.
Before continue with the reset, make sure your phone’s battery level is above 50%. To check the remaining battery life, go to Settings > battery saver (Windows 10 Mobile: Settings > System > Battery saver). If you are not able to check it, or the level is too low, charge your phone for at least 20 minutes.

Reset your phone by using the built-in option in the phone settings. Select Settings > About > Reset your phone (Windows 10 Mobile: Settings > System > About > Reset your phone).

However, if you cannot access the phone settings, follow the steps below:

a. Disconnect the charger. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when phone vibrates and then immediately press and hold the volume down button until the phone displays an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Release the volume down key.

b. Then press the volume and power keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.

Lumia 950 XL users: Please note the physical key combinations differ slightly compared to other Lumias.

c. Wait for your phone to reset, during the reset you will see gears rotating on the screen for up to 5 minutes, after which the screen goes blank for ~30 seconds and then your phone will restart.

d. Go through the initial phone setup. Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly on your phone. Select Settings > date+time (Windows 10 Mobile: Settings > Time & language > Date & time).

Will watch to see if it reboots through the day.

Juan Stevens

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I keep meaning to post what I found but keep forgetting. I have the same problems as you guys but I've noticed something very weird. Mine ONLY keeps rebooting when it's within a certain distance of my desktop computer. If I move it a few feet away, then it stops. This is absolutely weird to me. I don't know what device in the area is causing it but it happens every time. It's fine at my job or next to my surface book so maybe a battery backup. I really don't know and I'd totally be guessing.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't recommend this to anyone except diehard WP fans (in which case recommendations aren't needed). I would return/exchange the phone immediately if it were a iPhone or Android phone. :(

I don't think I would recommend it to even die hards. It is their choice, though I think they should know that it will be a challenge right now.

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So...it....has....been a hard day today, as it went into a reboot loop after the latest hard reset. 4 reboots one after the previous one. Called all the stores around to see if I can return it, and everywhere is out. Not until Dec 11. rock meet hard place. :amaze:

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So...it....has....been a hard day today, as it went into a reboot loop after the latest hard reset. 4 reboots one after the previous one. Called all the stores around to see if I can return it, and everywhere is out. Not until Dec 11. rock meet hard place. :amaze:

Sorry. I feel your pain.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have Nokia 530, since the 29 update my phone freezes at times, the only way to get it to work
is remove the battery re-insert it, then power it on. I tried to send feedback, but the feedback app kept closing before I could enter the category, tried 4 times, before I got the feedback sent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos