Constant Restarts

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I both have the XL version, both with the most recent update. I noticed that hers took about 3 random restarts after updating it last night, but none so far today. Mine hasn't restarted once and appears very stable...nock on wood. It might have to do with some apps.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
guys, no matter what anyone says, NONE of the competition's flagships have had such severe issues and none have. what's with this? has Ms gone completely crazy or what? aren't they able to do a proper quality check? how can you release a phone with such problems? Orange in Romania has it for 2 days now and one store in my city already has 4 returned because of reboots and crashes with full refund on every one of them. the manager said that he hasn't seen such bad products ever, considering the price tag...so many returned with same problems; one dvice was exchanged twice and still same issues. from this we can conclude that the device is not the problem here, it's the garbage OS that has serious problems with the new hardware. God sake I haven't ordered one. No thanks, I want a working device for 540eur not a broken joke.

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I wish it was an app. Even when i did a clean install of everything, with no SD, it still restarted.

My only real question is what changed from 10586.11 on my 1520 to 10586 on my 950XL?

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have watched it just restart on my desk while im at work. It restarted 3 times during a phone call. How upsetting is it to have to call the person back each time. My 920 never had issues. That thing was rock solid.

Anyone know the reason why they were late to release after they pulled the display models from the stores?

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like faulty hardware to me rather than a software issue if a clean install with not SD card/Bluetooth still has restarts. Get the phone replaced.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just to add my input.

950XL with a SanDisk Extreme 64Gb MicroSD XC I card (new), set up phone as new (no backup restore)
Set to store App, Photos etc on the SD
Paired with Band 2, BT on constantly.

I get about 50 reboots per day!

I am going to nuke it and try without SD and not pair to my band and see if that helps.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I did was to hook up to my laptop to backup photos etc... started copying the Pictures folder from the SD card to my laptop... bang! Reboot...

Last edited:

jazzedmurf

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Like all of you, I have been experiencing random reboots. One thing that I'm trying, which time will tell if it works, is to simply move all the SD-installed apps back from SD to device via the Storage -> SD Card -> click app, hit Move, click OK dialogue. I'll let you know if that works, then there's no resetting involved, and I've kept all non-app storable items on the SD card.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, reset and set up the phone's settings etc. Have not switched on BT or updated any Apps yet. No SD Card inserted.

Not one reboot. Will update stock apps now.

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
After a week of constant reboots, messing with SD cards and reseating my sim I decided to exchange my 950xl for a new one at the local ms store. Now, 2 days later, using the sd card that I thought was causing the crashes-I no longer have any problems with rebooting.

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I hit 27 restarts before 3 pm today. I am so upset right now. No XLs around me, store doesnt know when their shipment will come in. It restarted 3 times during a phone call to a friend. IT is the best paper weight device I have ever owned. I cant return it, cause the store wants me to wait for customer appeasement when their shipment comes in. IF i send it in for repairs i dont have it for up to 3 weeks.

What the hell man. What is microsofts deal?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
After a week of constant reboots, messing with SD cards and reseating my sim I decided to exchange my 950xl for a new one at the local ms store. Now, 2 days later, using the sd card that I thought was causing the crashes-I no longer have any problems with rebooting.

I may have to exchange mine too. It is still rebooting with latest update 10586.29

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb