01-21-2016 08:18 AM
162 123 ...
tools
    I have had the 950XL for almost a week. I set it up off a back up of my 1520, and didnt have any issues for the first few days. When I received my 128 gig SD card, and hard reset, and loaded the backup of itself it does a weird thing that if i look at it wrong, touch the glass wrong, ( I actually havent figured out why it does it) it restarts. Soft reboot style.

Anyone else have this issue?
    12-01-2015 08:53 AM
    I haven't had that issue with my XL, though I have heard it could be the SD Card, what happens if you take it out? If you haven't tried, take it out for awhile and see what happens then. Just move all of your important apps back.
    12-01-2015 09:00 AM
    sure thing man. I will try that! Thanks!!!
    12-01-2015 10:09 AM
    I took my SD card out and it crashes. just turns off and I have to power it back on.
    Last edited by banker1985; 12-01-2015 at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo
    12-01-2015 10:34 AM
    It's likely due to your SD card, as I am having the same issue with my Samsung Pro+ 64GB (which is the latest model in a new family). Random reboots completely disappear if the card is removed from the phone.

What card did you buy? Maybe we can compile a list of cards that do not go well with the system.
    12-02-2015 04:11 PM
    I have this card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU3322130

It has worked perfectly for me and no restarts have occurred.
    12-02-2015 04:31 PM
    Mine does the same reboots at least twice a day. I am currently using theSanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red,

12-02-2015 05:46 PM
    Mine has spontaneously rebooted a few times today. The first time was within minutes of installing the updated Facebook. I wonder if that might be why they yanked it the first time?

I have no SD card in the phone, though I had one in there for a few minutes last week.
    12-02-2015 07:13 PM
    The past two days, my XL has been rebooting randomly, just sitting on my desk doing nothing. I got it on the 11/26 and put my SD card in right then and there so I don't believe its the SD card. That and battery life are my only issues albeit huge issues. Thank goodness for the quick charging. I have to charge it twice a day.
    12-02-2015 08:12 PM
    Mine has spontaneously rebooted a few times today. The first time was within minutes of installing the updated Facebook. I wonder if that might be why they yanked it the first time?

I have no SD card in the phone, though I had one in there for a few minutes last week.
    Same here. Never had a single reboot before I installed the new FB app today. No other changes either. I even remember asking myself what just happened and what changed?

After about 3 or 4 times I saw your post with the same consideration. So, just removed it. Will know if we're crazy soon enough. :)
    12-02-2015 08:49 PM
    I also experienced several reboots already, most of them connected to Bluetooth. I can easily reproduce reboots during calls with bluetooth enabled, whenever I had a paired Bluetooth LE device in the list. Yesterday it crashed while showing off Continuum with the new dock to a college, I used the Arc Touch Surface Mouse for input. This instability is a real showstopper and I have just slightly more than a week left before I have to decide if I want to keep the device or not.
    12-03-2015 06:23 AM
    Just returned from lunch and my 950 XL was unexpectedly powered off when I took it out of my pocket.
    12-03-2015 07:45 AM
    Only rebooted once after watching an embedded YouTube video on a forum.
    A Soft Reset solved the problem, and it never rebooted again.
    12-03-2015 08:17 AM
    A Soft Reset solved the problem, and it never rebooted again.
    I even did some hard resets already.
    12-03-2015 08:21 AM
    My reboot problem was related to apps on am SD card. You could try uninstalling these if you have them.
    12-03-2015 08:23 AM
    I even did some hard resets already.
    I'm talking about Soft Reset (Reboots), not Hard Reset (Formatting).
    12-03-2015 08:25 AM
    Removing the SD card also did not help, at least with the Bluetooth problems.
    12-03-2015 08:25 AM
    I'm talking about Soft Reset (Reboots), not Hard Reset (Formatting).
    Yes, therefore the word "even".
    12-03-2015 08:26 AM
    Removing the SD card also did not help, at least with the Bluetooth problems.
    Sorry man. I returned mine. Not complete sold on jumping to android or waiting until January to try again, but you only get a 30 day window for return.
    12-03-2015 08:30 AM
    Sorry man. I returned mine. Not complete sold on jumping to android or waiting until January to try again, but you only get a 30 day window for return.
    I am definitely considering this too, but I have only 14 days to return it. So I was hoping to find a solution until next weekend. I would return to my 1520 then.
    12-03-2015 08:33 AM
    I am definitely considering this too, but I have only 14 days to return it. So I was hoping to find a solution until next weekend. I would return to my 1520 then.
    Someone stepped on my 1520. Screen is unusable since none of the capacitive buttons work. I have to use voice commands and feel like an *****😐 those stars sound like eediote...censorship
    12-03-2015 08:45 AM
    To the person who purchased the PNY u3 MicroSDHC 128GB, I bought the 32GB version and had crashes. Not reboots, full on crashes that take a few attempts to turn back on. I removed and I don't think it was the issue. I did a hard reset with restore from previous backup and have now had two full crashes in 36 hours. Better than the 8 I had the day I did the full reset. I'm thinking if I have another crash, I'll use the recovery tool. If that doesn't work and we have no indication this will be fixed soon I might return.
    12-03-2015 08:59 AM
    I had the 950 XL restart on me once while playing a YouTube video. That's the only time it ever happened to me, so I doubt it had anything to do with the microSD card I have (SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB).
    12-03-2015 10:02 AM
    For what it's worth, I too was having constant restarts (sometimes it would restart 5+ times before it finally started up again). I had installed a 128GB SD card and had most of my apps on that card. If I tried to run most apps it crashed. If I tried to go to the card to move the apps to the device it would crash either immediately or after moving a few apps over. I removed the 128GB card and used an older 32GB card thinking that possibly the larger size wasn't really as supported as it should be at this point but it still crashed if I execute apps or store photos, etc.. on that card. So, I removed all apps from that card, deleted all apps that are greyed out and re-downloaded and installed them on the device and now, 1 day later, I have not had a single restart or crash on anything. So, my conclusion is that doing anything with the SD storage on this device is in dire need of a software update before it can be used at all. (BTW- I still have the 32GB card physically in the device but there is nothing on it and all settings are set to use the device for storage)
    12-03-2015 10:12 AM
    For what it's worth, I too was having constant restarts (sometimes it would restart 5+ times before it finally started up again). I had installed a 128GB SD card and had most of my apps on that card. If I tried to run most apps it crashed. If I tried to go to the card to move the apps to the device it would crash either immediately or after moving a few apps over. I removed the 128GB card and used an older 32GB card thinking that possibly the larger size wasn't really as supported as it should be at this point but it still crashed if I execute apps or store photos, etc.. on that card. So, I removed all apps from that card, deleted all apps that are greyed out and re-downloaded and installed them on the device and now, 1 day later, I have not had a single restart or crash on anything. So, my conclusion is that doing anything with the SD storage on this device is in dire need of a software update before it can be used at all. (BTW- I still have the 32GB card physically in the device but there is nothing on it and all settings are set to use the device for storage)
    This looks like a prime example of how an SD card is responsible for all the reboots. MS needs to find a way to fix this, otherwise this functionality is unusable.
    12-03-2015 10:56 AM
162 123 ...