Constant Restarts

Nqbus2001

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had the 950XL for almost a week. I set it up off a back up of my 1520, and didnt have any issues for the first few days. When I received my 128 gig SD card, and hard reset, and loaded the backup of itself it does a weird thing that if i look at it wrong, touch the glass wrong, ( I actually havent figured out why it does it) it restarts. Soft reboot style.

Anyone else have this issue?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had that issue with my XL, though I have heard it could be the SD Card, what happens if you take it out? If you haven't tried, take it out for awhile and see what happens then. Just move all of your important apps back.

JieXY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
It's likely due to your SD card, as I am having the same issue with my Samsung Pro+ 64GB (which is the latest model in a new family). Random reboots completely disappear if the card is removed from the phone.

What card did you buy? Maybe we can compile a list of cards that do not go well with the system.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same reboots at least twice a day. I am currently using the[h=1]SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red,[/h]

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine has spontaneously rebooted a few times today. The first time was within minutes of installing the updated Facebook. I wonder if that might be why they yanked it the first time?

I have no SD card in the phone, though I had one in there for a few minutes last week.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The past two days, my XL has been rebooting randomly, just sitting on my desk doing nothing. I got it on the 11/26 and put my SD card in right then and there so I don't believe its the SD card. That and battery life are my only issues albeit huge issues. Thank goodness for the quick charging. I have to charge it twice a day.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine has spontaneously rebooted a few times today. The first time was within minutes of installing the updated Facebook. I wonder if that might be why they yanked it the first time?

I have no SD card in the phone, though I had one in there for a few minutes last week.

Same here. Never had a single reboot before I installed the new FB app today. No other changes either. I even remember asking myself what just happened and what changed?

After about 3 or 4 times I saw your post with the same consideration. So, just removed it. Will know if we're crazy soon enough. :)

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I also experienced several reboots already, most of them connected to Bluetooth. I can easily reproduce reboots during calls with bluetooth enabled, whenever I had a paired Bluetooth LE device in the list. Yesterday it crashed while showing off Continuum with the new dock to a college, I used the Arc Touch Surface Mouse for input. This instability is a real showstopper and I have just slightly more than a week left before I have to decide if I want to keep the device or not.

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Sorry man. I returned mine. Not complete sold on jumping to android or waiting until January to try again, but you only get a 30 day window for return.

I am definitely considering this too, but I have only 14 days to return it. So I was hoping to find a solution until next weekend. I would return to my 1520 then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786