12-23-2015 07:48 AM
66 123
tools
    Weird. My hotspot was working for a few days, now it's not connecting and telling me to visit the website or dial 611.
    Last edited by jayk82; 12-08-2015 at 07:34 PM.
    12-08-2015 05:23 PM
    Hector Martinez, Please keep us updated if you find out something else. I want this all to be squared away as quick as possible. I need my hotspot to function ASAP.
    12-09-2015 08:49 PM
    Well, have hotspot again. Now I don't have LTE or Voicemail!!!! What a hassle this thing is to get working properly!
    12-15-2015 03:30 PM
    I have round rebooting fixes any hotspot issues
    12-15-2015 03:51 PM
    I have round rebooting fixes any hotspot issues

I've rebooted countless times. I have hotspot, just no LTE or voicemail on AT&T. Very frustrating.
    12-15-2015 05:27 PM
    anyone have an update on LTE?
    12-17-2015 08:45 PM
    I still have no LTE no matter what I do.
    12-17-2015 10:22 PM
    I am sorry you guys are going through this. I don't know how everything is working for others. I hope something changes for you soon. I just didn't have the staying power all of the troubleshooting took all of the joy and excitement away. Best of luck to you.

Geekladyemjay
    12-17-2015 10:30 PM
    I am sorry you guys are going through this. I don't know how everything is working for others. I hope something changes for you soon. I just didn't have the staying power all of the troubleshooting took all of the joy and excitement away. Best of luck to you.

Geekladyemjay

It has been a struggle for me, and many others apparently. But I'm determined to see this through. The potential is amazing if just a few things can get ironed out! Not having LTE hampers me (traveling salesman), so slow loading maps, emails etc is a bummer, but hopefully most of these will be resolved soon.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    12-18-2015 09:57 AM
    I still have no LTE no matter what I do.
    i have a 950XL dual sim, unlocked, bought from US online microsoft store.
    I had my previous sim card from a Lumia 520 (my previous daily while i waited for these) and i chatted with ATT online and had them provision it for the an ATT 640 that i had that was unlocked.
    I checked that the 640 had LTE.
    Then chatted with ATT to try and get the imei of the 950XL provisioned... they tried but couldnt get it working... told me the "two weeks" story like others have heard...
    Only had Edge sometimes, not even 4g.
    SO i gave them the imei of the 640 again and popped the sim card back into the 950XL.
    Then i did a hard reset - from the update menu...
    but when the phone restarted i did NOT allow wifi to be setup - told it to continue with apps etc. first.
    Then went to APN settings, created new APN settings for ATT but did NOT apply them.
    Turned off cell data.
    Applied the new APN settings.
    Turned on cell data.
    Had Edge data when i needed it now, instead of not even getting anything.
    Then about 30 minutes later, LTE popped up.... and about 6 days now of LTE without it losing it... in various locations... speed tests show about 7Mbs up / 9 down at work and about 27Mbs down and 9 Mbs up at home.
    Not sure what exactly did the trick, but i think it may be the hard reset and not allowing wifi to be setup during that initial setup screen.
    Also, during the last chat with ATT rep - who seemed more knowledgeable and had a 640 himself - he told me to go outside and get clear of buildings to get the tower to see my phone... not sure if that helped, but that is worth trying also... as you know some Bands have trouble penetrating buildings...

Good luck...
    jayk82 likes this.
    12-18-2015 10:23 AM
    i have a 950XL dual sim, unlocked, bought from US online microsoft store.
    I had my previous sim card from a Lumia 520 (my previous daily while i waited for these) and i chatted with ATT online and had them provision it for the an ATT 640 that i had that was unlocked.
    I checked that the 640 had LTE.
    Then chatted with ATT to try and get the imei of the 950XL provisioned... they tried but couldnt get it working... told me the "two weeks" story like others have heard...
    Only had Edge sometimes, not even 4g.
    SO i gave them the imei of the 640 again and popped the sim card back into the 950XL.
    Then i did a hard reset - from the update menu...
    but when the phone restarted i did NOT allow wifi to be setup - told it to continue with apps etc. first.
    Then went to APN settings, created new APN settings for ATT but did NOT apply them.
    Turned off cell data.
    Applied the new APN settings.
    Turned on cell data.
    Had Edge data when i needed it now, instead of not even getting anything.
    Then about 30 minutes later, LTE popped up.... and about 6 days now of LTE without it losing it... in various locations... speed tests show about 7Mbs up / 9 down at work and about 27Mbs down and 9 Mbs up at home.
    Not sure what exactly did the trick, but i think it may be the hard reset and not allowing wifi to be setup during that initial setup screen.
    Also, during the last chat with ATT rep - who seemed more knowledgeable and had a 640 himself - he told me to go outside and get clear of buildings to get the tower to see my phone... not sure if that helped, but that is worth trying also... as you know some Bands have trouble penetrating buildings...

Good luck...

I took my sim card and stuck it in my iPhone 6S from which it came. Only 4G there as well, with no LTE even though my wife's has LTE. I've emailed my AT&T guy (on a business account and can't just login or call to make changes to my account) to see if he can help.
    12-18-2015 05:57 PM
    Wish I wasn't past my return period, I'd go back to a 950 at this point. I had none of these issues with it.
    12-19-2015 05:06 PM
    I wish Microsoft would step up and talk to their "premier partner" AT&T about developing and promulgating a known and repeatable process for successfully activating these devices. As soon as an associate sees you have an XL they should be able to access a service bulletin or something that walks them through a detailed activation process, including whatever known workaround's and/or watch-out's have been identified.
    12-19-2015 11:24 PM
    Agreed! At this point, having a customer calling up to provision a new Lumia 950(XL) is far from an unknown\unexpected request. I suspect there have been thousands by now.

Having said that, even without the desired DOCUMENTATION for the customer service person to follow, we have all mostly learned the trick(s) to get everything working perfectly, other than VVM. I still can't understand why fellas like "jayk82" can't get LTE and Hotspot working. Just doesn't make sense.

I'm just glad he has the patience. I hope he gets his just reward.

I don't feel like VVM is going to get sorted though. Hope I'm wrong.
    12-19-2015 11:36 PM
    Agreed! At this point, having a customer calling up to provision a new Lumia 950(XL) is far from an unknown\unexpected request. I suspect there have been thousands by now.

Having said that, even without the desired DOCUMENTATION for the customer service person to follow, we have all mostly learned the trick(s) to get everything working perfectly, other than VVM. I still can't understand why fellas like "jayk82" can't get LTE and Hotspot working. Just doesn't make sense.

I'm just glad he has the patience. I hope he gets his just reward.

I don't feel like VVM is going to get sorted though. Hope I'm wrong.

Thanks snakebitten. I've had at&t provision my iPhone 6S Plus with my sim card in it, verifying I have LTE & hotspot working, then place my sim in my L950XL. Still no dice. Just trying to hold out for a fix on either AT&T or Mkcrosoft's side.
    12-20-2015 08:36 AM
    Finally! For some reason, when I gave AT&T my IMEI from my iPhone 6S Plus then put the sim into my 950XL, I still would only get 4G while the iPhone got LTE.

Decided to give AT&T the IMEI from my 640, and what do you know, LTE! I'm on a business account with AT&T and I'm not authorized to make changes on the account, so I was having to go through the person in my office who is authorized. I don't know if it was the guy on AT&T's end, or some sort of glitch as to why it wouldn't work with my iPhone's IMEI, but I don't care. Finally working!!!!!!
    Chris_Kez likes this.
    12-23-2015 07:48 AM
66 123