950XL - Linked Inboxes And Notifications Issue

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone

Another new owner of a Lumia 950XL. Migrated from a 920, and love the new phone. But there are a couple of things I am not able to get to work properly:

1) Linked Inboxes: This was a great feature in the 920 and I cannot find the "Link Accounts" option everyone on the net is talking about. Would love to get it set up in my 950XL, so help appreciated. I have four email accounts that I would like to link into one. How does one go about getting that?
2) I do not see any notifications on my glance screen for missed calls, text messages or emails. I only have them for my calendar events. I went into the app setting for Outlook and in the Options section for each account, I enable notifications. No luck. Can someone help?

Also, I had the "Cannot connect to the wireless network" problem which I resolved. I have Verizon for wireless at home and have the MI424-WR router. Whatever I tried on the 950XL, it would not connect. But when I went to work (where we have Verizon wireless too), it connected. Came back home, changed the wireless mode from "Compatible (802.11 b/g/n)" mode to "Performance (802.11/n)" mode, and also changed the security from WEP to WPA2 for good measure, and the phone has been on the network since yesterday night without any problems.

Looking for some help on the issues above.

TIA

Sasha

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If by linked inboxes you mean that messages for all 4 inboxes were mixed together on one screen, that is not currently available.

You can have 4 different accounts set up and in outlook you hit the hamburger menu, tap accounts and choose the one you want to view.

mdbuilder

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
For notifications it is in two spots, the one within the outlook app and also settings/system/notifactions & actions / tap the three on sliders and the slider next to outlook then tap outlook and choose which of the 4 options, or all you want active

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Linked inboxes are not currently a feature in the app. It was there in the last build, but MS removed it due to issues with it crashing, but it'll return.
Looking forward to this myself and even in the W10 app too. Just need to wait.

2. Notifications are only going to show up if you have the app you want notifications for checked on in notifications setting. Also, be sure to check background apps too to make sure your app is on as well under the Privacy settings. Also, you need to have set the right app for displaying notifications on the lockscreen under the lockscreen settings too.

Hope this helps.

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied. That helped fix my problem. I was selecting the wrong app when picking it up from the list for notifications.

Any ideas on whether the linked inboxes will be back? That's one feature I really loved.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied. That helped fix my problem. I was selecting the wrong app when picking it up from the list for notifications.

Any ideas on whether the linked inboxes will be back? That's one feature I really loved.

The mail app has just received an update which brings back linked inboxes.

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick note to all those who responded to OP's question. This is perhaps one of the most helpful threads I've seen in these forums in a long time. No sarcasms, complaining or mean spirits, just useful information that benefits the user/readers. I know there are several folks "new" to Windows Phone and W10 mobile that we have setup starting last month, good to see users like all of you supporting the community. Thanks to you all.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much for clarification. Didn't know that before.

Makes sense though, and back to the OP, the 950 / 950 XL will be on the preview early next week. Microsoft is currently in the process of making it possible for the two phones downgradeable incase something happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo