Qi Chargers That Work

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I just want a stand charger that works reliably. I don't get why any with 3 charging coils wouldn't work with no problems however since the charger area is larger.

I just want a stand charger that works reliably. I don't get why any with 3 charging coils wouldn't work with no problems however since the charger area is larger.

It seems like I can't get any wireless charger to charge reliably at all. I've tried my DT-900 and sometimes with proper placement (as described in a few posts) I can get it to charge. But, it's usually slow and heats up ridiculously. I also ordered a 3 coil charger here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...0-20&m1k=vb_wp and it seemed to work once or twice. But last night I set it on the charger, light was green indicating it was charging. But, woke up this morning and it was at 22% (pretty much what it was when I put it on the charger. It's getting frustrating as this is one of the main features of the phone and I'm running out of patience. Does anyone have a stand charger that's actually working reliably?

Not sure your problem, but I am batting 1000 with my DT-900 and charging fine overnight so far.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure your problem, but I am batting 1000 with my DT-900 and charging fine overnight so far.

I get the DT900 for the most part now. I still don't understand why placement is so trivial with it though. Apparently it supposedly has multiple charging coils in it also, so that is supposed to help eliminate the need for such finicky placement. But, as mentioned above, I need a good stand charger. The Spigen one mentioned above would be fine, but I'm not into the whole reclined placement. You can't really see that when laying in bed.

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I was trying to get one of the 3-coil QI wireless charger from amazon, but a lot of the reviews say that they don't last. Would it be best to wait for a genuine Lumia charger for the 950xl?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So after a week or so of using the cheap $10 hockey puck Qi charger from amazon... I can say... It works GREAT!
Charges at a decent speed and it keeps it at 100% when it gets there.
I'm going to buy a couple more of these and try to outfit them in tables and stuff. :)

mercaptan

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I got a TechMatte 3 coil charging pad with wall charger from Amazon. $25. Has worked fine all week...

Specifications:
- Dimension: 5.7x0.33x3.1 inches
- Weight: 3.3 OZ
- Input/Output: 5V-1.5A/5V-1.0A

What's in the Box?
- TechMatte 3 Coil Wireless Charger X 1
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable X 1

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i have been using the Nokia Portable Wireless Charging Plate DC-50 that is still available direct from microsoft online store (in the US) for 29.99 with the 950XL dual sim and a wallet case that i bought from Amazon - had a coupon that reduced it to 5 dollars... its a little big but it does provide all round protection and its quite thick on the back side and still charges wirelessly...
Amazon.com: Lumia 950 XL Case, Abacus24-7 Lumia 950 XL Wallet Case, Leather Lumia 950 XL Flip Cover with Card Holder and Kickstand - Black Flip Case for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Phone [Lumia 950XL case]: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have also ordered the iOttie car mount Qi charger - have yet to try that as its sitting in my mailbox.. will comment back about that once i know if it works or not...
Amazon.com: iOttie HLCRIO132 Easy One Touch Wireless Qi Standard Car Mount Charger for Qi Enabled Devices - Standard Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sequel2k

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought the DC-50 a week ago and don't seem to have any success with it. I'm using it plugged into the wall. The charger and phone both get ridiculously hot. Then, the indicator light on the charger flashes and the lock screen switches on about once every 30 seconds, which I presume is from the heat. If I manually manage the situation and let them cool off, it will take about 4 hours to go from 20% to fully charger. But, that's no way to charge a phone. I've tried a number of different placements on the pad and haven't noticed any real differences.

Any suggestions before I return the charging pad?

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
A Samsung charger that I got for the Galaxy S4 that I no longer use will charge both my old 930 (the S4's replacement) and the new 950XL. The XL is a little long for the soapdish-style cradle, but if you let the foot of the phone ride on the raised edge of the cradle and push the top edge up against the slope at the other end, it charges just fine. The shock-absorbing cases on both phones don't push them off far enough to affect charging.

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Measured a 950 XL full charge on DT-900 today: 3:30 hr. 38?c temperature max. Perfect alignment plate / phone.

Tmr I will be getting the EasyCHEE? T900 and EasyCHEE? T300 chargers which have 3 coils. Will measure charing time too.

peekay13

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the First2savvv WXC-SCC-01 I got on Amazon it looks very similar to the DT-910 but it works fine with the 950XL in portrait and landscape mode.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Having boxed up my Lumia 930 to sell i no longer have the small puck style nokia qi charger that worked great with it, so started to use the DC-50 i got as a freebie.

Nope. Woke me twice through the night lighting up and making a noise and when i checked in the am, it said too many failed log ins. Not sure if it is bad placement or the fact that it charges it fully then discharges. Think the fact it is also charging itself to be used as a portable device makes it not a great match for nightly use.

Snagged a Nokia DT-900 on amazon uk for ?12, will be trying this tonight. Hope it is triple coil as it looks like placement is pretty important for this phone. Never had any problems with my Lumia 930, be gutted if i can't get reliable wireless charging!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa