Qi Chargers That Work

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Update on my new EasyCHEE? T900 and EasyCHEE? T300 QI chargers for the Lumia 950 XL. The T900 is the stand version.

• Great build quality
  • 3 coils = placement not an issue
  • T900 comes with power supply but that one becomes 54?C hot + electronic noise => tried my Anker 20W charger => 38?C and no noise
  • Maximum temperature between phone and charging plate is 38?C
  • Charing works well: 3 hrs from 0-100%
  • No charge disruptions / disconnect
  • Fit is perfect for the Lumia 950 XL and it's camera on top
  • Especially the stand version is an awesome replacement for my DT-910
  • Tickle charge works fine after charged a 100%
  • LEDs very nice as not too bright and not too dark

Here is there interesting part: I am using a USB voltmeter. At one point the phone said it's a 100% charged but the charger was still drawing 1.6 ampere. Then it (ampere) slowly decreased and ended up with tickle charging. It charged for another 45 minutes after OS said 100% full.

Means: Even though I calibrated the battery by full charge, full depletion it still doesn't show the charge status correctly.

Duskmourn

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
How about the Nokia car charger car stand? microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/accessory/cr-200/ (search Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder can't post links yet)

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
does anyone know if this charger will work with the L950XL ???
SUMMERY:
Wirelessly charge all of your favourite devices with the Samsung 2A Wireless Charging Pad in black. This wireless charging pad provides wireless power whenever you set your device on the pad, and features Qi Inductive Charging Technology that eliminates the need to attach a charging cable every time you want to charge your device. You can also still use your device while it is charging on the pad, and answer calls or texts without having to unplug.
Compatible with all Qi-enabled devices including from Samsung: Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 3 (these Galaxy smartphones require Wireless Charging Battery Covers, sold separately) as well as the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, which do not require additional charging battery doors.

Charging Pad Features
•Wireless charging power
•Qi Inductive Charging Technology
•You can still use your device while it is charging
Keep all of your devices fully charged with the Samsung 2A Wireless Charging Pad in black.

8034029l.jpg

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Basically all QI chargers wiill work as long as the coils will align well and there isnt too much distance between charging plate and back of the phone (no case).

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
follow up on the iOttie car mount Qi charger i had purchased from Amazon..
either i got a bad unit or the coils dont line up... i couldnt get the 950XL to charge in any orientation.
Will be returning this and falling back to plugging in the USB-C cable until i find another suitable Qi charger

wpctrlfan

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes these are good - same manufacturer as mine (EasyCHEE? T900 and EasyCHEE? T300 QI).

You should indeed use at least 1.5A USB charger. I am measuring 5.02v and 1.40a when charing my Lumia 950 XL. In the beginning of the charge it goes to 1.7a.

But the QI standard can only transfer 5 watts + lost energy = 7 watt (which is what I measure).

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Take it the old ipad chargers are ok - the large plug version with usb socket? - what i've always used with my L930. Have to check what output is written on it tonight. Though assume the soon to arrive DT-900 has a plug.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
If that is the white amazon one then it comes with a dedicated charger. Thanks for the heads up yesterday ?12 is a bargain and it even 'goes' with my white 950 xl

ale_ers

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
follow up on the iOttie car mount Qi charger i had purchased from Amazon..
either i got a bad unit or the coils dont line up... i couldnt get the 950XL to charge in any orientation.
Will be returning this and falling back to plugging in the USB-C cable until i find another suitable Qi charger

Bummer, I bought one of those as well during a sale. Have not been able to try it out yet, but sounds like it is back to the drawing board for a car mount. Let me know if you find one that works.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Bummer, I bought one of those as well during a sale. Have not been able to try it out yet, but sounds like it is back to the drawing board for a car mount. Let me know if you find one that works.

probably bought it in the same sale i did!
like i said - cant be sure if i got a bad one or not - so would be interested in seeing if yours works...

Duskmourn

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by ale_ers Bummer, I bought one of those as well during a sale. Have not been able to try it out yet, but sounds like it is back to the drawing board for a car mount. Let me know if you find one that works.

I'll let you know how Nokia's 201 car charger car mount works when it arrives. You can buy it at the Microsoft store search: Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder. Supposed to support Qi and NFC and it has reviews saying it works well on the 1520. Made originally for Lumias so one would assume it works with the 950/XL.

***After finding the thread that directly talks about the Nokia wireless charging car holder i cancelled the order. I'm now ordering the Wireless Car Charger-CHOE Wireless Charging Dock with 3 Coils Charging Area for Lumia 950xl/950, Galaxy Note 5/S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+ and Other Qi-Enabled Phones

Last edited:

Bruno H

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bring bad news but that charger will not work with Lumia 950!

I have the Nokia 201 charger - had it for a couple of years together with my old Lumia 920. Worked ok.

So I got my new Lumia 950 yesterday and tried it in the car charger. The phone went on and off all the time. Every time the phone lit up in the holder (about every 5 seconds) it gave the charging beep on its speakers.
So i took of the back case of the phone and looked at the QI charger coils. They were in the middle of the case. And that puts them at the top of the car charger - halfway out of the charging pad! So I tried to put the phone in the charger without the back case. The phone did of course not get charged - but the erratic on/off behaviour it had before disappeared. So I am pretty sure that the placement of the charging coils together with the Nokia 201 car charger makes charging erratic and practically impossible :-(

I cant believe that those Clowns at Microsoft didnt think to test this. there is plenty of space on the back cover to put the coils further down and make them align with the car charger . Or have dual coils, on in the middle and one further down.

So now I have to go looking for a new car charger with Qi coils a bit higher than Nokia 201.

winniebaygo

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Let me relate my experience.

There's a new chipset from TI for wireless charging. It requires a bit more juice so all the new phones coming out now will need a different charger to minimize issues.

Look for QI Fast Charging capable chargers. Samsung has one. There are several others out there that work as well, try eBay. You need an output amperage of 1.67a. Normal QI chargers are 1.00a. An older charger may work great, especially if you use a 2.0a charging plug. Both the sender and receiver need to be TI or charging can be hit and miss. Judging from the forum posts, that's exactly what we are seeing.

The same issue hit my phone. Place on charger, it charges to near 100%, then stops and restarts charging continuously from then on.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The DT-900 (I think, got it for free when I bought my 920 on AT&T) works perfectly on the 950xl. My only criticism is (and this seems to be an OS issue) is Hello keeps waking the phone up when you sit it on the charger. Haven't used the phone enough yet to see if this a continuous issue. I'll find out if my JBL speaker with the charging plate will work when I go to bed tonight. So glad to have Qi back. I sorely missed that on my 1520. Looking at you AT&T on your crappy duracel crap.

Ace Tigerfang

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know if the Tylt Wireless Charging Car Mount works? My Nokia one doesn't line up with the 950 XL.
I purchased the TYLT VU Wireless Charging Car Mount from the Windows Central store and have been using it with my 950 for about a week now. Works like a champ, providing enough juice to still charge while playing music and using the GPS. The bottom is adjustable, too, so you can get the right placement for any phone (the directions that came in the box state how to align a Galaxy S6). Size wise, I used it with my 1520 as well.
Works so well I ordered two of the TYLT VU wireless chargers for my desk at home and work today, too.

mtiede

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the t910 from AT&T (I think that is the model) stand and I never noticed the Lumia 928 getting warm. This is warm enough to not be ignored. I'm thinking I may try to send them back. I think I'll have to figure out how to measure the temperature since "warm" is relative.

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the t910 from AT&T (I think that is the model) stand and I never noticed the Lumia 928 getting warm. This is warm enough to not be ignored. I'm thinking I may try to send them back. I think I'll have to figure out how to measure the temperature since "warm" is relative.
I have the 2 same model as you, folding, and they both get warm to some extent with my 950XL. Are you using a 2amps charger?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo