thermal throttling Lumia 950XL

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I couldn't find in ANY review of this phone something like a serious cpu benchmark, with thermal throttling measurement. I find this very strange since the 810 is well-known for this kind of problems, and IF the liquid cooling solution implemented by microsoft works fine, this should be underlined. And, if it doesn't, I'd like to be aware of the problem when considering to buy the phone.

I read a lot of phone reviews, of all kind, and a benchmark of CPU/GPU behaviour is almost always present. I enjoied reviewers that even tried to water cool other phones with SD 810, to see if it improves performances, with great results.

Why nobody is doing this with L950XL?

Jayddo

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Because it's a Windows Phone, thus deserves a shallow review and shallow vote, with the reviewer usually not even knowing what the hell he is doing.

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this is, sadly, true. But here in Italy we have quite a good market penetration, with quite a good number of news/forum sites that are "fan" of lumias, but all the review seems to be...how shall I put it? Not so "professional" or deep-investigating the various aspects of a Lumia device.
I really like a canadian guy called Linus Sebastian, that has a very good youtube channel (linus tech tips), and even in a 10/12 minutes video review of an handset (mostly android, since in canada Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile is almost absent) he manages to be (almost) exhaustive.
I hope that here on WC at least they will stress test the 950/950XL to see how it does with demanding games and graphics

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos