Cannot transfer photos from 950XL to Macbook Pro

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys transfer files from 950XL to Mac? This should be very simple but i fail to see a way ... Plugged the USB cable and the Finder cannot see the phone, however the "Photos" app recognizes the phone but shows zero photos to import?! Weird!

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Mac needs drivers for the phone, which is not available. Maybe later. Move photos to SD card. Use SD card reader on macbook. Best to format SD card in exFAT for compatibility.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
if you have a usb type c to type a cable or the continuum dock, you could plug an external flash drive to the phone and copy the files to the external drive..then hook up the drive to the mac.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I do not think that it is a driver issue because the "Photos" app showed the 950XL as connected with zero pictures ... Thank you for suggesting copying the files to external drive via the dock, that did it ...

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have El Capitan installed on your mac, then that is your problem. It broke the windows phone app, which did provide the proper driver for use on the mac. Microsoft has yet to release an update for the app, but someone found a way to update the driver.... It was on a topic on MS' support site, but I don't have the link at home (it's on my mac at work) but I haven't tried if it worked or not.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys transfer files from 950XL to Mac? This should be very simple but i fail to see a way ... Plugged the USB cable and the Finder cannot see the phone, however the "Photos" app recognizes the phone but shows zero photos to import?! Weird!

i do not have my USB-C cable to try this with my 950, but it works with my 920 on el capitan.
https://tubeapps.net/wp8/

Update, Mac mac will not see the 950 (photos app pops up, but nothing from my phone is shown) but, now my virtual Windows 10 install (in virtualbox) now sees my 950. So in the end, either virtualize a Windows instance on your mac OR wait for MS to update their Windows Companion app

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa